• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Prodigy Bag

I looked at this days ago and swore it looked like Wiggins rockin Prodigy gear.....Pic is gone and it was very late and I was a little beer hazy.....Anyone have any info?

huh ... don't know where the photo went. Definitely not Wiggins

1926979_10101056195308228_1869466245_n.jpg

I'm whelmed at best.

Faaar more visually pleasing than say a catalyst however :thmbup:

TBH, it looks like two separate bags...one modeled in similar style to the Ergo2 and One modeled after the GripEQ. I don't care..I have had my ranger for over a month now and that thing is a workhorse.

I wore one of these today...

... and it feels AMAZING!! No back pain whatsoever. I own a Grip A-series and this one is right on par with it comfort-wise. Maybe even slightly better.

That said, it has a TON more storage. I can't put any discs in my side pockets and Kyle Webster had 4 in each side of his Prodigy. Storage on top is on par with my Physical Flight Contender.

Basically what they've done is taken the best parts of many different bags and put them all into one. It's not a clone or rip-off of any single bag. I'd suggest folks ignore the trolls who've not laid hands on one.

I'd most likely trade my Grip for one 'cept that would disqualify me from Team Trilogy...

... and it feels AMAZING!! No back pain whatsoever. I own a Grip A-series and this one is right on par with it comfort-wise. Maybe even slightly better.

That said, it has a TON more storage. I can't put any discs in my side pockets and Kyle Webster had 4 in each side of his Prodigy. Storage on top is on par with my Physical Flight Contender.

Basically what they've done is taken the best parts of many different bags and put them all into one. It's not a clone or rip-off of any single bag. I'd suggest folks ignore the trolls who've not laid hands on one.

I'd most likely trade my Grip for one 'cept that would disqualify me from Team Trilogy...
4 in each side? how many in main, front top?

I've read the whole thread & I don't see how some people think this bag is a straight up rip off of the Grip A-Series. The side pockets look similar & it has a quiver but the main disc compartment looks nothing like the A-Series. I think the Spinal Tap is closer to a Grip bag than this thing. If anything this bag looks closer to the No Excuses backpack bag that Horsman posted a picture of. I think they took some ideas from other backpack bags & made a bag with the features they liked best. I don't have a problem with that at all as some people who posted in this thread do. Companies do this kind of stuff all the time. Companies do this to keep up with their competition & to try to improve on other companies designs. I believe Quest, Wham-O & a couple other companies made overmold discs before MVP. Does that mean MVP stole their ideas & therefore their discs shouldn't be thrown? Of course not, people need to get over the fact that ideas & designs get recycled.

Were there actually people saying it was exactly a grip bag? I don't remember that but I haven't kept up with it really. I know I said it borrows a lot from the grip bag but all backpack designs do. That's not really a debate is it? None of them exactly but they all borrow and copy certain features. I don't think anyone is saying that as a negative. It's been like that since the first competitor to the Grip bag came out and will always be that way probably. Just like everyone thinks a fast disc that flies and looks like a Destroyer is a copy of that. Or any mid with a roc style flight and rim is just a roc rip-off. You get there first you get compared to the rest forever. That's not hating or trolling.

In my opinion, they pretty much took a few pages out of Grip-eq's playbook and slapped the Prodigy name on it. Nothing about this bag screams creativeness or originality to me. Seems they couldn't wait to market a bag and had to use the industry standard as a crutch to do so.

For the Pro's, it's a win, win. They get a free proto, first run, whatever you want to call it, custom built to their standards bag. When they run production versions It'll be a Grip for the Prodigy fan boy. That's just my opinion and what I see.

The access to main disc compartment is completely different compared to Grip. And with this bag you can actually put something into the side pockets.

Oh sh!t a bag has side pockets and a putter pocket on top. It must be a 100% grip knock off... smh

The access to main disc compartment is completely different compared to Grip. And with this bag you can actually put something into the side pockets.

This bag is a total rip off of anything with pockets and anything that you can carry discs in, so un original

This bag is a total rip off of anything with pockets and anything that you can carry discs in, so un original

It has cup holders too. I mean come on, seriously guys???

Imo, more resembles the prodiscus bag

Possibly, I've never seen a Prodiscus in person. Personall, I think the bag looks pretty original considering how many backpack options there are now. I think people just love to hate Prodigy.