• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] new sidewinder, plus mold?

masterlurk

Birdie Member
I just came across a pearly sidewinder that has the flight numbers. It doesn't have the patent tooling on it. Comparing it to my other sidewinders it appears to be a plus mold. can anyone answer this?

A little while ago I was going to pick up a sidewinder, I grabbed 2 off of the shelf. One looked likea plus mold and the other didn't. Neither was marked as so... I went home with a vision :)

ugghhh well this is awful news... been throwing sidewinders since i started and still throw them.. i throw the star variety but if its already on the champs i assume the star will follow or is already out there.. i wonder if innnova has received any postive feedback about the + Molds.. everything i hear and see is negative.. myself included :eek:

From the rumors I heard, we should expect quite a few discs with plus molds. Take that with a grain of salt, but the OP doesn't surprise me.

Honestly, I don't think it's intentionally a plus mold. It seems more likely to me that there's just some cooling inconsistencies.

^ Was my though on the newer flat *Valks. They look like + too

^ Was my though on the newer flat *Valks. They look like + too
New valks are plus molds. It has been discussed on here many times from many different posters. It honestly doesn't surprise me though about the winders. Innova is more worried about doing what is easy and profitable vs making a quality product (Enter non marked plus molds. They create less X-outs yet feel terrible and most golfers do not like it). Hence why you see stock stamped discs with bubbles in the flight plate etc. I know for a fact that they don't control the temperature in the factory, so you get inconsistencies across the board.

Plus mold Roadrunners and Valks don't turn at all. I wonder if the Sidewinders will be overstable.

I guess I'm ignorant when it comes to this, but I really don't feel much of a difference with the plus molds. I could understand the frustration about not marking it as a plus though... all the more reason to throw legacy :)

I picked up some CFR Champ glow Sidewinders last summer that were plus molds. IMO they are noticeably more stable than standard rims.

This is a rather idiotic statement considering the explosion in popularity of the Scandanavian discs!
Not being told about the plus mold is more upsetting than the actual plus mold itself was my point. If I go out and buy 3 Valks for example, 2 of which are plus molds, I'm not going to all that happy. Not only do they feel different, they fly different too. I would feel cheated because Innova sold me discs with slanted rims and didn't label it as such. Now, if I go buy something Latitude, at least I know they have a slanted rim and wasn't changed under my nose without telling me. I know if I buy Latitude stuff, at least it was designed to have a slanted rim. That's all I was getting at.

Not being told about the plus mold is more upsetting than the actual plus mold itself was my point. If I go out and buy 3 Valks for example, 2 of which are plus molds, I'm not going to all that happy. Not only do they feel different, they fly different too. I would feel cheated because Innova sold me discs with slanted rims and didn't label it as such. Now, if I go buy something Latitude, at least I know they have a slanted rim and wasn't changed under my nose without telling me. I know if I buy Latitude stuff, at least it was designed to have a slanted rim. That's all I was getting at.

Yeah I'm mean basically it comes down to labeling... It's always nice to know what you're getting.

I'm still wondering why innova never created a stamp for the eagle L...

Plus mold Roadrunners and Valks don't turn at all. I wonder if the Sidewinders will be overstable.

I have a +RR that turns just like the rest I have thrown. And its fresher.

So, not entirely on topic, but sorta : Has anyone notice if the new runs of Star Wraith have a plus mold?
Thx in advance.

Any mold has the potential to be a "plus" mold. Take a flat roc3 and a domey roc3. The flat roc3 will have more of a slant in the rim. I think it's funny that nobody minds if their Swedish plastic is "plus" mold.