• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Virginia Courses

Approvals are in for a 9 hole rec course at Midlothian Baptist Church in Richmond as well as a 9 hole rec course in Emporia. Both should be ready for play by Spring. Hope to have approval for another top notch project this coming weekend- not ready to disclose that location quite yet.

Nice, I always appreciate your updates.

Also, can't wait to hear about the big project when you are able to share.

Do you have any projects in the works closer to the snarl of DC traffic? ;)

Nice, I always appreciate your updates.

Also, can't wait to hear about the big project when you are able to share.

Do you have any projects in the works closer to the snarl of DC traffic? ;)
I am going to do a couple temp courses at a golf course in Loudoun for the Ice Bowl season. Pretty likely to be another permanent one going in on a retired golf course in Leesburg but that is a year or two away. There is also one potential course in the general Manassas area but that is probably a year or two down the line if it happens at all.

I am going to do a couple temp courses at a golf course in Loudoun for the Ice Bowl season. Pretty likely to be another permanent one going in on a retired golf course in Leesburg but that is a year or two away. There is also one potential course in the general Manassas area but that is probably a year or two down the line if it happens at all.
I know it is in West Virginia, but do you have any updates on Cacapon John? Did they ever get a chance to finish the tee pads? I think I remember they got hit from a storm last year which may have been the project on hold?

I know it is in West Virginia, but do you have any updates on Cacapon John? Did they ever get a chance to finish the tee pads? I think I remember they got hit from a storm last year which may have been the project on hold?
They are back to getting some work done AFAIK. There was/is a near infinite amount of downed wood from multiple occasions.

Approvals are in for a 9 hole rec course at Midlothian Baptist Church in Richmond as well as a 9 hole rec course in Emporia. Both should be ready for play by Spring. Hope to have approval for another top notch project this coming weekend- not ready to disclose that location quite yet.
Thanks for the updates and all your hard work JB.

Its probably been a couple of years, but I remember you talking about working on a 2 course complex in the Blacksburg/Cburg area (newer then the Bear courses), what's the status of that project? Or am I misremembering that?

Thanks for the updates and all your hard work JB.

Its probably been a couple of years, but I remember you talking about working on a 2 course complex in the Blacksburg/Cburg area (newer then the Bear courses), what's the status of that project? Or am I misremembering that?
That would be Dark Hollow- Jim Conrad's courses. (Jim is James' dad.) The Thunder course has been playable for about 6 months, work on the longer Lightning course is just beginning.

Is the retired golf course Goose Creek? I used to play there, beautiful setting. Hard to believe they're not building homes or data centers there. I see Westpark no longer seems to be open, maybe there?

Last edited:
Is the retired golf course Goose Creek? I used to play there, beautiful setting. Hard to believe they're not building homes or data centers there. I see Westpark no longer seems to be open, maybe there?
Westpark is slated for some disc golf eventually.

It is not my project but there is at least some chance of a course going in at Shenvalee Golf Resort in New Market. They are having a tournament there in early December on a pop up course and that being well attended will be a big step in the right direction.
okay thank you!!! I'll be in Luray for Thanksgiving and just wondered if there was another option close by that isn't on the PDGA Search like Ralph Dean Park. Thx again!!!

Seven Springs DGC will be near the town of Dillwyn north of Farmville. It is a nice piece of private property with all the prerequisites- hills, a small amount of water, open and wooded spaces. Moderate length- I would guess roughly 6000 feet. They are going to have a day of play out there with temp baskets in early December. Course should be fully playable by Spring.

Seven Springs DGC will be near the town of Dillwyn north of Farmville. It is a nice piece of private property with all the prerequisites- hills, a small amount of water, open and wooded spaces. Moderate length- I would guess roughly 6000 feet. They are going to have a day of play out there with temp baskets in early December. Course should be fully playable by Spring.

Sounds great! I hope to be in that area next summer and would love to give it a spin.

Latest posts