• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] New Westside Discs in 2017?

Given how much I have loved the Northman in BT as it has become more easily accessible, I certainly echo the sentiments of many others that widening BT distribution stateside would be beyond excellent.

Given how much I have loved the Northman in BT as it has become more easily accessible, I certainly echo the sentiments of many others that widening BT distribution stateside would be beyond excellent.
Stateside? They are welcome to start in Finland and Scandinavia...

Stateside? They are welcome to start in Finland and Scandinavia...

I had no idea. Just assumed a wider variety of molds were more readily available in BT over there...so, I learned something today.

That being said, though it seems the most vocal push has been for the Bard in BT production I personally would lobby for a Longbowman run and would take that over a new mold any day. Regardless, I think it says something about a company's lineup (the quality and lineup - wide functionality/complimentary nature between discs) when it seems the push is for expanded plastic options as opposed to filling in any major gap (Firebird-esque disc aside) in their molds.

That being said, though it seems the most vocal push has been for the Bard in BT production I personally would lobby for a Longbowman run and would take that over a new mold any day. Regardless, I think it says something about a company's lineup (the quality and lineup - wide functionality/complimentary nature between discs) when it seems the push is for expanded plastic options as opposed to filling in any major gap (Firebird-esque disc aside) in their molds.

Westside really needs to up their game and fill in holes with their existing lineup and plastic options.

Here we are, going into 2017, and we still don't have:

• BT Anything
  • Moonshine Warships/Harps/Bards or anything besides UW & Kings
  • Elasto, anyone? I would kill someone for a moonshine elasto Harp. Seriously.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what they hell they are doing over there. RUN MORE PLASTIC OPTIONS WESTSIDE.

It's not like it's a mystery what people want. Sometimes I think WS just sticks their head in the sand and ignores everyone... I don't know many people that like or throw the new Kings.. yet - every plastic possible is available in what may be their LEAST liked distance driver. WTF guys. Origio King? Really?

Here's my mental pic of Westside HQ:

"Hey I heard BT Bards and Warships are getting imported to the states and selling for upwards of $50 a pop! Also, our customers are begging for more Moonshine options. Maybe we should run some?"

"Nahhhh. I got this great idea for ANOTHER 14 speed understable driver!! We're gonna run that instead."

:wall:

Westside really needs to up their game and fill in holes with their existing lineup and plastic options.

Here we are, going into 2017, and we still don't have:

• BT Anything
  • Moonshine Warships/Harps/Bards or anything besides UW & Kings
  • Elasto, anyone? I would kill someone for a moonshine elasto Harp. Seriously.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what they hell they are doing over there. RUN MORE PLASTIC OPTIONS WESTSIDE.

It's not like it's a mystery what people want. Sometimes I think WS just sticks their head in the sand and ignores everyone... I don't know many people that like or throw the new Kings.. yet - every plastic possible is available in what may be their LEAST liked distance driver. WTF guys. Origio King? Really?

I wonder what role Latitude 64 plays in this? Given that WS focuses on molds and uses Lat as the production arm it seems the discussions would need to occur there. At the end of the day, they are separate companies and I know if I were running Lat I would personally view a steady production of BT Warships for export as direct competition for the base plastic Claymores, etc...I would like to believe this not to be the case, but given I have no knowledge of how revenue is shared between WS and Lat (or if there even is a revenue sharing model in place or if it is another mechanism) I have no idea. Just wonder.

I had no idea. Just assumed a wider variety of molds were more readily available in BT over there...so, I learned something today.

There might be more available in local stores in Finland - I don't know. Can't get anything online here in Sweden or Finland. Maybe I should take a drive up to the factory...

Looking at this, I can't see gaps that bother me as a non pro player too much. They could use some very overstable drivers in different speeds. And maybe a mid in between the Warship and Bard. Mostly because I think the Warship is more understable than it is advertised. And Something between the Shield and Wan. So 5 new molds maybe?

http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/downloa...e-64-Westside-Discs-Combined-Flight-Chart.png

I would like to see something in the 7-8 speed category that is truly stable. Teebirdish maybe. Trilogy as a whole has been missing this spot. The Saint Pro isn't it.

I would like a Westside xXx. A stupid beefy driver with befitting Westside stamp.

I would like to see something in the 7-8 speed category that is truly stable. Teebirdish maybe. Trilogy as a whole has been missing this spot. The Saint Pro isn't it.

I think the longbowman is closer to a speed 8 than a 9. Its called a pretty small rim, only slightly bigger than a teebird.

I don't think a Trilogy sponsored pro has any trouble filling the Teebird/Thunderbird spots with discs like the Longbowman, Culverin, Stag, maybe even some midranges.
Watching McBeth I can't remember him using those birds too much either - it's Destroyer, Mako/Nova and a put for birdie.

Westside does not have a replacement for the Firebird, but there still is the Felon and Bllitz...

I would love a Trilogy version of a Gazelle, my favorite all-around disc to throw. 6 speed, 5 glide, 0 turn, 2 fade. It would be a nice stable complement to their Seer.

I would love a Trilogy version of a Gazelle, my favorite all-around disc to throw. 6 speed, 5 glide, 0 turn, 2 fade. It would be a nice stable complement to their Seer.

Keep your eyes peeled for the River Pro in March - should be in that ballpark.

I don't think a Trilogy sponsored pro has any trouble filling the Teebird/Thunderbird spots with discs like the Longbowman, Culverin, Stag, maybe even some midranges.
Watching McBeth I can't remember him using those birds too much either - it's Destroyer, Mako/Nova and a put for birdie.

Westside does not have a replacement for the Firebird, but there still is the Felon and Bllitz...

Felon is indeed that Trilogy answer to the Firebird, and the World Champ (Ricky) certainly uses the Felon the same way most others use their Firebirds...

Felon is indeed that Trilogy answer to the Firebird, and the World Champ (Ricky) certainly uses the Felon the same way most others use their Firebirds...

The Felon is different from the firebird. Its a bit faster and a hair less OS. The XXX is the trilogy firebird. Its why wysocki throws both the felon and XXX.