• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Night disc golf equipment

I use frost king weather tape, a roll is like $8 at home depot. Make sure the disc is clean (wipe off all dust with a cloth, or rubbing alcohol if you're anal) and warm when applying, never take it off and reapply (I've seen too many people try to use the same light/tape for separate discs). Prep your night bag/discs beforehand, not on the course, and you will not have any trouble. You have my personal guarantee that the light will not fall off. Those having trouble with tree hits are doing it wrong. If you're playing with me and throwing glow, I apologize ahead of time if I don't help you look for your damn faintly glowing disc lost somewhere in the moonlit grass. If you had an led on it, I won't help you look either, because we're not going to be looking ever.

Last edited:
MD is right about before hand prep for all of you rule breakers (those with taped on lights).

Lol at lookin for faitly lit gloweys!.....a true glow purist knows where he throws ;)

you can also try the bracelet style glo sticks. With halloween around the corner you should be able to pick these up dirt cheap at your local walmart. We got 100 of them for $7 last year. Another warning to the glo plastic is they do not glo so well in the cold weather

My 100pk of LED's and batteries came in last week, so I am mostly ready. I am trying now to get my wife's discs up to snuff. She just needs either a glow putter or a clear one I can slap some LED's to.

After tinkering with the LED's and a glow disc, I thought of a question......has anyone ever used UV LED's taped to a glow disc to keep it going longer and better? I was messing with a glow Tbird and noticed they show up pretty well through that plastic. Well enough it would be easy to see at a distance. The LED's weren't bright enough to make it glow much at all. That was what got me wondering about the UV LED's. Either 2 or 4 taped under the flight plate, exactly the same as the normal ones. Has anyone tried this?

I have done this and it looks really cool and works well.

The Wal-Mart by my house has glow in the dark duct tape. Seems to glow well. Dont think it will replace my glow discs. But it should make my group move through the round faster.

Its not by any means pdga approved but I've seen the solar powered lamps people use to line walkways on top of baskets.. usually zip tied on so they can be removed for tournaments. I guess its better than walking out the course and attaching glow sticks every time you play a night round tho..

Found this old pic of a glow buzzz with two UV leds strapped to the back.

p8170258.jpg

Thanks, Steve. THAT was what I was hoping for. Think I'll buy a 20 pack of 5mm 7000 mcd's and see how they do. I figured they would help at least a little....esp if it took you a while to get to your disc.

Everyone just needs to learn to use the "use google to search" function as opposed to the first option to search with dgcr. It's MUCH more accurate.

I use the LED lights the OP posted and a clip-on hat light that I usually only turn on when I'm putting or walking on a part of the course that has uneven ground.
One of my friends buys cheap glow sticks, breaks them open, and soaks a small strip of paper towel in them and then uses clear packing tape to tape it to his disc. He lives out of state so I've never actually seen it in action but he's thrown a night round with me with the LEDs and he said the paper towel method works just as good for visibility.

Hes a liar!

If you're talking about the paper towel method I was skeptical too but another friend of mine confirmed that it worked just as well as his LED lights. On a side note I just got my new LED lights yesterday. I ordered the 10 pack multi-color thinking we would get 10 assorted colors. However, the actual light is multi-colored and only has 1 setting: medium-fast blink. You can see them anywhere.

Latest posts