• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No DG near Saginaw MI??

2006Ruckus

Really? Really!? Am I stoopid, do I not know how to work this site? Am I really not finding anything near Saginaw, MI? Input people! Please! Not looking forward to spending the weekend in Saginaw of all places, but I thought for sure there would a little DG to be had...

Closest thing I could find was Lansing and it had one course rated fairly well there and one in East Lansing that was just OK. That was all I could find too. even Flint MI had nothing.

Huh? Well PDGA did have a few courses near there, try searching on that site. We need to get a representative from that area on this site, so bring those business cards and drop them off on a bunch of those holes you play. Someone has got to contribute from Northern Michigan yo!

Flint (Davison)- GOLDENROD
Frankenmuth- Memorial (short, but nice city park 9 holes)
Freeland- Tittabawassee (tight and open mix, some water hazards)
Midland- Chippewa Banks (tournament level course through meadows and woods)
Pinconning- Blizzard Hills(Brand new course through fields and rows of pines, along a river, designed by my dad!)

If you can drive 30 +- miles, these are all worth checking out.

If you decide on Tittabawassee make sure you play it with a local, I found it very difficult to play due to lack of signage.

Goldenrod is the best of that area (Haven't played Blizzard yet but it should be the best). It's tight and technical, with some really viscious, hidden water hazards. Walk every hole first to find the black ponds hidden on fairways. Bad tees, but it's a fun round.

I've only played the front 9 of goldenrod but it was a great set of holes! Yeah watch out for the water hazards.

these are my courses right here, tittabawassee and blizard hills are 2 of the best courses ive played, and there close to sagnasty