• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nobody throws it but me!

I can no longer say I'm the only one that I know who throws a mako, but I can say I'm the one who got that fad started at least among 2 of my friends(1 has one the other really likes it and may be buying one soon). My first run mako is just my favorite midrange, probably sort of the reason the buzz is so popular. Reminds me of how one of my buddies got us all to pick up Voodoos...but then again I knew nothing since it was my first putter, so I took his word for it.

I can no longer say I'm the only one that I know who throws a mako, but I can say I'm the one who got that fad started at least among 2 of my friends(1 has one the other really likes it and may be buying one soon). My first run mako is just my favorite midrange, probably sort of the reason the buzz is so popular. Reminds me of how one of my buddies got us all to pick up Voodoos...but then again I knew nothing since it was my first putter, so I took his word for it.

This with the Mako and Voodoo. In our amateur league, several of us now throw Makos and almost everyone has a Voodoo (our league disc this year was Gateway putters and most picked at least one Voodoo).

Surprisingly, one other guy and I are the only ones to throw TeeBirds (and only because I forced him to throw one last week and now he is going to give it a try). To everyone else, who needs a fairway driver? Everyone is stuck using Speed 8-9 drivers for everything not an approach. Maybe this is a reason they are amateurs (but at least having fun playing). One uses Stalkers and another breaks out a TL every once in a while. Another one uses Pulses because he is aware of his OAT issues but the Pulse flies almost perfectly for him.

Oh, I do have an Epic and always break it out during field practice, throwing it backhand as well as a thumber.

My gateway apache, it took some getting used to, but it's a great forehand disc. Word to the wise, don't get white. I've nearly lost it 4 or 5 times

E-Pro Gateway Assassin. I've never played a round with anyone else that throws it or haven't even seen it in anyone else's bag. It's become my go-to fairway and all-around driver. I heart it.

i don't see anyone using a monster as much as i do..

I use my Monster as my sidearm disc. I throw it quite often.

The disc that everyone seems to never have but are very interested in is my soft ION putter. I haven't seen anyone local using it either. But I am sure that many people use it.

the raven..

it's my get out of jail free card. when i'm stuck and don't have a shot i'll grab my old raven.

well all the stores around me ONLY have innova with maybe a few random discs from lighting or gateway, so the only discs I ever see people throw are innova. Therefore, i use a 144 surge(for mega-understables, i found it) and a 168 beat the crap out of challenger i got from a freind. I haven't seen anybody throw those, or a viking either.

Optimizer! I have 5 backups too. Works great for BH extreme hyzer flips that turn into rollers. I use them for get out of trouble BH roller shots in the woods.

Latest posts