• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

FINE, I will answer my own question

Hyzer and Anhyzer are release angles, not flight paths. You can not throw a disc flat and watch it hyzer.

images.jpg

Housers2.gif

Answers a question I asked on a different thread...

If I am between 100-150 feet with RHBH, what distance should I average before putting my valkyries and Avenger SS back in my bag?
300 or so. Stick to mids and putters for now. The Valk and Avenger are speed 9 and 10. Once you get to around 250 with a mid, pick up something like a Leopard and get that thing to 300. Then move up to bigger drivers.

300 or so. Stick to mids and putters for now. The Valk and Avenger are speed 9 and 10. Once you get to around 250 with a mid, pick up something like a Leopard and get that thing to 300. Then move up to bigger drivers.

thanks, that helps. I pulled them out because I don't have the mechanics for that level yet, but didn't know when I would want to add them back.

thanks, that helps. I pulled them out because I don't have the mechanics for that level yet, but didn't know when I would want to add them back.
I mean, you can throw anything you want whenever you want, but taking steps is really helpful. I had to do exactly that about a year and a half or more ago. Only threw mids and putters for about two months and got back into drivers and threw them a lot farther and a lot cleaner.

So, I am headed down to Rock Hill Saturday and wanted to buy a USDGC roc. I checked out the list of rocs on the USDGC site and saw how some are number differently than others (to 25, to 50, to 1, etc). I guess my question is do you know how rare the roc is (like is it on the certificate) or do you just have to buy it, then check how many where made of that particular one? Is there different pricing for the one number to 5 than the one numbered to 99? Never been there and any info would be appreciated. Thanks

The more rare the Roc is the more it will be worth historically speaking. If its a 1/5 and people dig them, yes they will be more valuable then say a 1/200 or however many were ran.

So, I am headed down to Rock Hill Saturday and wanted to buy a USDGC roc. I checked out the list of rocs on the USDGC site and saw how some are number differently than others (to 25, to 50, to 1, etc). I guess my question is do you know how rare the roc is (like is it on the certificate) or do you just have to buy it, then check how many where made of that particular one? Is there different pricing for the one number to 5 than the one numbered to 99? Never been there and any info would be appreciated. Thanks

The more rare the Roc is the more it will be worth historically speaking. If its a 1/5 and people dig them, yes they will be more valuable then say a 1/200 or however many were ran.

Thanks for the reply, I hope my question made sense. So why wouldn't everyone go to the proshop and buy 1/5 rocs?

What types of putts should I use?

What types of putts should I use, and what are the appropriate situations? Right now, I am working on push putts, but am not sure if I should add the straddle putt and/or other types. Also, what situations are more appropriate for different types of putts compared to others? (Ex: when are push putts a better idea than straddle putts and vice versa?)

What types of putts should I use, and what are the appropriate situations? Right now, I am working on push putts, but am not sure if I should add the straddle putt and/or other types. Also, what situations are more appropriate for different types of putts compared to others? (Ex: when are push putts a better idea than straddle putts and vice versa?)

I straddle when the lie dictates or if the area behind the basket is sketchy. I tend to miss low on my my straddles and right when I normal putt.

Straddling changes your stance, but you can push or pitch or spin (or spush) from any stance. It's valuable to work on different foot placement with whatever putting motion you decide on, being able to straddle when putting up or downhill or getting around an obstacle without having to change your arm and wrist motion will make you a lot more consistent in those situations.

Watching tourney vids I get that the spotter's red flag signifies that the throw is OB and the green flag is safe, what does the yellow flag mean?

Thanks,
Curtis

Yellow-at the USDGC meant that it was in the "hazard" area. Throw from your lie, but with a 1 stroke penalty. It is also signified by the yellow rope, red rope signified OB

yellow is hazard which is only implemented in some tournaments where you throw from the last place disc was last in bounds no drop zone if I understand it correctly its just like a +1 penalty area vs a true OB

Latest posts