• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

quad shocks are the way to go if you want durability and aren't afraid to spend a little extra. Since you got the gel straps for free I say just use them until they fall apart completely. You will need to know how to sew to keep them going though.

A friend of mine had his gel straps start to fall apart. He emailed DGA and they sent him a new set free of charge a week later (while keeping his old ones). The new ones were clearly doublestitches in places the first ones werent. They have held up for him great so far for a year easily.

Does 'The Secret Revealed' Program from DGR really help anyone's game?

Do YOU do those drills?

What does it mean when people list a disc and put something like "8/10" or "9/10" as part of its description?

it's a rating system for used discs called "The Sleepy Scale"

Disc Condition Scale aka "The Sleepy Scale"
10 - Never thrown, no ink, brand new condition
9 - Field tested or used for one or two rounds
8 - Lightly used with very minimal wear
7 - Used with some minor dings or scuffs but still in good shape
6 - Typical used disc with the usual dings, scratches but still worthy
5 - Kinda beat, significant wear, has lost a good bit of it's stability
4 - Beat up turnover disc with some evident war story wear
3 or under - Beat to Hades dog chew toy

Incomplete maybe, but for me the 'half hit' would be an improvement. I'll spend some time reading the instructional articles. Skimmed the training, and it looks like I have been doing some of those already. Thanks.

hopefully Frank can shed some light on this for me (i think you throw Wizards, right?)

is there a stability difference between, say a SSS Wiz and a gummy Evo HPP Wiz?

i have the clear HPP coming, and own a black SSS (misprint for a tumor on top). the SSS flies very neutral when i drive with it (probably a 9/10 condition wise). so will the HPP be the same? more stable? speed 13?

I got a set of Gel straps as a gift.

FWIW, my buddy has those and they've held great and I know he's rough on straps b/c he went through like 2 pairs of Innova straps in as many years. :|

But Phenix is the Cadillac* of quad straps. :thmbup:

*author does not actually like Cadillacs, just using the expression.

hopefully Frank can shed some light on this for me (i think you throw Wizards, right?)

is there a stability difference between, say a SSS Wiz and a gummy Evo HPP Wiz?

i have the clear HPP coming, and own a black SSS (misprint for a tumor on top). the SSS flies very neutral when i drive with it (probably a 9/10 condition wise). so will the HPP be the same? more stable? speed 13?

E and HPP wizards have all been more stable to me than base line wizards. In the same vein, stiffer base line wizards are usually more stable than their SS or SSS counterparts.

Latest posts