• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

Domey, typically, is more understable where flat is, again typically, more overstable. This is a general rule in most discs however there are some anomalies (like esp Cyclones). They tend to be more understable, have more glide, are more sensitive to wind, I believe less sensitive to nose angle (correct me if I'm wrong), and for me I feel like I have more control with them... but I might just be silly.

Flat don't turn as much but comets are comets and all of them are pretty understable. They do thend to hyzer a little sharper and don't float as much/have as much hang time as the domier ones.

Dome is not always related to stability. I have some flat preds that are crazy overstable and some domey preds that are crazy overstable. It is a pretty good predictor though because domey discs usually have a higher parting line because when the disc cools it domes up and pulls the parting line up.

booooo..!.......it sucks ! on DGR.....the format and colors suck!!! boooooo frank D

Did you know DGR has like 5 different stylesheets loaded? You can change the format and color.

Teebird questions.

Why are 11x birds so desirable?

What is a 'T' mold Teebird?

What is an 'L' mold Teebird? Is the just a TL?

What Teebird do you think is the best thrower?

B/c the are older and more overstable.

Not 100% but old CE teebirds (not TLs) are marked as T (I think)

L mold is just the TL

I think DX and stars are the best teebird throwers but I am an eagle man so...

of course not frank....im computer dumb......

hey did you ever find a zephyr.....frisbee rancher just posted some 197 198 white with black stamp ones...$12.95

yeah I have three now. Thanks though.

Go into your control panel on DGR and you can change the style from there.

I've only thrown a Champ and DX Leopard. How is the performance of the Star Leopard?

Star Leopard and Champ Leopard flew about the same for me. Star was perhaps a tiny bit more stable, but the difference was not enough for me to carry both discs.

Where is the bead on a disc?

Do you have a roc/BB aviar/VP/wizard at home? If so, look at the bottom part of the wing where you will see a small protrusion of plastic going all the way around the bottom of the wing. That is the bead.

If you don't have a beaded disc at home next time you are at a DG store compare a buzzz and a roc in profile and you will see what a bead looks like (the roc has the bead)

I ran into the same thing once, the moderation over there is so crummy isn't it frank ;)

I never understood why it was so popular, everyone over there is so lazy. All they do is talk about Teebird's and PD's, if they're so awesome they should try the GROOVE! I love it because I know mine will hyzer every time, no matter what...

Also in more response to the bead. What some discs with smaller beads? Like the Stalker.

I registered under Frank Delicious...they spit me out and said I tasted like the sole of a shoe. :gross:

What's going on Frank...hey man I see you play in NC a bit...how often do you ever make it out to Zebulon???

I registered under Frank Delicious...they spit me out and said I tasted like the sole of a shoe. :gross:

What's going on Frank...hey man I see you play in NC a bit...how often do you ever make it out to Zebulon???

I play out there a decent amount. I am planning on being there for the monthly on the 9th.

Latest posts