• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

I have seen that many people don't want to read through a 1000 posts.

I say...buy a six pack and make a night of it.

Good thread!

I know you are asking frank, but I just got back from work and wanted to check this thread before I went to bed.

You can run up from as far away from the teepad as you want. As long as you have all of your supporting points in the tee area when you release the disc you are ok..
So you can run from 50feet behind the box as long as you end up with your plant leg(and back leg if it's still on the ground) on the concrete box or in the dimensions of the box.

It can be difficult to tell when you are in the teepad area when you are on natural tees as usually just the front is marked, but the PDGA might have a general dimension for teepads that aren't clearly marked (like 4ft wide in the front. 12 feet long. and 6feet wide in the back or somethign like that)..

this is also true off the fairway as long as you have no supporting points that are in front of your marker at the time you release AND your plant foot is located directly behind the marker no further away than 11in(i could be wrong about this measurement but it sounds about right).

Hope this has helped ya peabody.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Thanks Scott. Much appreciated.:hfive:

So I have a used and abused Tbird that I believe is 11x. I think you can see the reminence of a capital letter El, after that you cant really read until it says champion. How can I make sure? Whats a cal tbird and how do you know? It says rancho cucamonga CA...?

So I have a used and abused Tbird that I believe is 11x. I think you can see the reminence of a capital letter El, after that you cant really read until it says champion. How can I make sure? Whats a cal tbird and how do you know? It says rancho cucamonga CA...?

It will either say CAL or CA after the rancho cucamongo. That is how you tell.

what are the most common rumors/lies/misconceptions in disc golf?

L - leopard bottom
Faster is better
How wind affects disc flight
how far people throw
true overstable discs vs speed overstable discs

and pretty much everything about every rule until a person reads the rule book.

So is CA the 11x, or is CAL the true 11x?

How do they make discs O/S vs U/S? I assume weight distribution & wing shape has something to do with it. What else? Inquiring minds want to know.

Notch and bead are two things I know for sure. Someone who knows more about aerodynamics is gonna need to chime in to talk about how wing shape affects flight.

even though i posted it in another thread, i wanna get your opinion while you're in here. what do you think of this video and what could i have done differently to it?

How do they make discs O/S vs U/S? I assume weight distribution & wing shape has something to do with it. What else? Inquiring minds want to know.

Notch and bead are two things I know for sure. Someone who knows more about aerodynamics is gonna need to chime in to talk about how wing shape affects flight.

To the best of my understanding, all other things being equal, the more convex the wing, the more understable, and the more concave, the more overstable, in general. I'm sure there are exceptions, certainly with putters, but I'm pretty sure this holds true for longer winged discs. Also, parting line heights have a pretty good impact on stability. The higher the parting line, the more overstable, and lower parting lines make for more understable discs. There are excellent threads on here and DGR talking about PLH. Marmoset, I think, was the OP for both.

Latest posts