• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Noobie Wants Buzzz, What Plastic to Buy?

Rock gardens? Mountain Crest Park? Get a Z for sure; base plastics will get destroyed out there.

go glow!

u can use it at night, flies just like a z esp if you get it at 170 nad not max weight. the max ones are beefy.

also if you don't like it they are probably the easiest to get rid of.

Okay since you live in LV go with Z or Ti. FLX will feel like a limp noodle in the dessert heat.

Cryztal ftw!! I am a buzzz hoarder, nothing better than the cryztals imo. The z's are money too.

This. CryZtal is the best imo, but regular Z is pretty good too.

Lost my favorite seasoned kc pro roc and my newer z glow buzzz in the same 24 hour time period. I loved those discs so much. I went home and cried twice.

+1 to z glow, haven't thrown any of the other buzzz's

z buzzz was my first disc and 2-3 years later, its still in the bag, flying nicely. It one of the best disc choices I have made and will not disappoint. The Z-buzzz is a must.

Esp is the best feeling buzzz ever. It will last forever, and in a couple of years and hundred of tree hits later, it will fly like a Buzzz ss. You win!

Edit: i suggested esp because the grip is simply better than the Z plastic. Z buzzz are really stiff and can be a little slipery at time. Esp is a softer a little, but it releases really nice off the hand. I have tried z, esp and flx, and the esp takes 1st place for me.

If I threw Buzzzes, I'd go with FLX. I love how that plastic feels.

^^ This. FLX Buzzz got kicked out of my bag a couple of years ago, but only because I ran out of room for mids. Great all weather disc and very grippy and durable.

Esp is the best feeling buzzz ever. It will last forever, and in a couple of years and hundred of tree hits later, it will fly like a Buzzz ss. You win!

Edit: i suggested esp because the grip is simply better than the Z plastic. Z buzzz are really stiff and can be a little slippery at time. Esp is a little softer, but it releases really nice off the hand. I have tried z, esp and flx, and the esp takes 1st place for me.

exactly! tried them all, have them all. but the only one in my bag is a broken in ESP Buzz flies straight as an arrow and sticks any line you put it on.

If you decide to go with ESP or FLX and realize the power and magic of a buzz, then I would add a 10 year buzz. It is a slightly different mold, but does everything a buzz can do and then some with it's additional stability. The plastic ( in Z ) feels and looks better than their normal stock of Z plastic (mine has some nice pearly swirls, and the plastic feels softer, yet just as durable as regular Z). It would pair nicely IMO with a slightly beat FLX buzzz.

The 10 yr Buzzz is definitely not just hype or DC trying to cash in on an anniversary, it's a great disc.

If your throwing the Roc really good then get another Roc and beat in the one you have. No need to venture off to another mid if what you have already is working for you.

As you have probably figured out.

Z, Elite X, and ESP are the superior choices by disc golfers on this forum.

Don't let someone else choose what feels right for you.

I would go to a local disc golf shop if you can, and grip each plastic in your hand and see which ones feels better for you. You won't get the feel of how the disc is going to feel when you release it for a shot, but its definitely step 1.

I tried the ESP buzzz and for me it felt great in my hands, elite x and flx esp just felt a bit too floppy in my hand and im sure the disc is fine but mentally I just couldnt get over that feeling.

Weight is a bit different, the lighter the disc is, the further it can go, but less stable overall and especially in wind.

Heavier discs will be more stable especially in wind, but you suffer a little bit of distance.

I've always gone in the middle ground with 174g, remember its a mid range. If you want more distance maybe get the new Zombee!!!!

good luck!