• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Noodle Arm Disc Golf's March Mold Mania!

Not a Trilogy fanboy whatsoever but I had to vote for the Truth over the Roc (don't like beaded mids) and the Judge over the Wizard (like the lower profile of the Judge).

Burn me at the stake. :\

Bring the matches.

Also, the trilogy fanboyism is real. Pure beating Aviar? Judge beating Wizard? Truth beating Roc?
On what planet would this happen? Meanwhile, the Teebird is only beating the Saint by 17 votes... I officially disregard this poll.

Screw matches, fill his pockets with Nanothermite and put firecrackers on top.

I like your style sir. :cool:

Also, the trilogy fanboyism is real. Pure beating Aviar? Judge beating Wizard? Truth beating Roc?
On what planet would this happen? Meanwhile, the Teebird is only beating the Saint by 17 votes... I officially disregard this poll.

Fanboys strike again. :wall:

Then share it with some people who aren't Trilogy fans! That's the only way I can suggest to make it meet your standards. :hfive:

And your post isn't fanboyism?

And your post isn't fanboyism?

Eeeexxxxaaaaccccttttllllyyy!!!

*But, he's speaking to his preference, so it's not?! :doh:

Times change, and sometimes that's hard for people to accept when they are stuck in their ways, also when people are closed minded.

Why wouldn't new molds be better than older molds? They too
a tried and true molds and ideas and potentially improved upon. Makes sense in every other aspect of life right?

Fanboyism... The molds I mentioned are widely regarded as the best molds in their respective categories, fanboyism has nothing to do with it. If you think the trilogy fanboys are not skewing the results here, you should check for polyps while you have your head that far up your...yeah.

Never in my life have I heard anyone say "yeah this wizard is pretty sweet but it has nothing on my judge!" Never have, never will. Ditto for teebird/saint and roc/truth. Pure and aviar is legit, as the aviar is a polarizing mold which many people hate, myself not included.

Truth over roc i get. Some people like a flatter, thinner/smaller in the hand feel. My lucid truththrows like a slightly faster roc but feels like a buzzz. Plus fanboys...i guess.

Saints, truths, and judges are some of my favorites, and i was pretty sure they didn't have a chance.

For the record, i also like rocs--well, ghosts--but they are different animals and some people like the slim flat even though the roc is holy.

Truth and Buzzz would be a better match-up, but that's not how the poll worked out. Roc and Truth aren't similar, so I can see how players newer to the sport, or lovers of new discs would enjoy it more. Rocs are very versatile, but they have a learning curve. Truth can be used pretty well by any type of player. It's not that unfair.

I actually putted Pures for awhile, and prefer them to the Aviar, so I see no issue there.

Destroyer is smashing Wraith. For me, the Wraith would work better, but Destroyer is surely the more popular.

World is beating the Nuke. Again, no issue there as I don't care for either.

Teebird should be smashing the Saint, but Saint has good glide and is less overstable, so I can see why it's popular. I see a lot of Saints out there as well. Teebird is the better disc, in my opinion, but it's winning so who cares?

Firebird beating Leo, Buzzz beating Fuse, no issues there. My biggest disagreement is the Judge beating the Wizard. Oh well, what can you do?

I'm going to keep clearing my web history and cookies so I can continuously vote like the fanboyyyyyssssss :popcorn:

Yea, the poll seems super biased and not truly accurate. Majority of the trilogy peeps are just voting for anything trilogy and not really voting on which disc is best. Kinda sucks, but whatever.

Yea, the poll seems super biased and not truly accurate. Majority of the trilogy peeps are just voting for anything trilogy and not really voting on which disc is best. Kinda sucks, but whatever.

There's really no other way of looking at it than this. I just curious as to how it happened. Was it hyped on the Trilogy fanpage?

Well you can call me a fanboy if you want, but I have thrown both the Teebird and the Saint. Did not like the teebird at all. It just didn't work for me.

I was a die hard Roc fan. I still have a ton of them in storage, and preferred them over the Buzzz. But when I tried the Truth, I really liked the way it felt in my hand.

Just because the poll is not coming out the way you think it should doesn't mean it biased or rigged. Maybe there are some people just voting the way they feel.

Noodle Arm Disc Golf said that the poll was shared more by Trilogy And MVP FB pages. So the more exposure to Trilogy players probably boosted those numbers.

There's really no other way of looking at it than this. I just curious as to how it happened. Was it hyped on the Trilogy fanpage?

Just to give you an idea of how it has been working:

When I publish a post for the tourney, I put it on my Twitter and Facebook accounts, along with posting it to various Facebook fanpages - including MVP, Discmania, Legacy, and Trilogy (I can't find fanpages for Innova or Discraft). I also tag the manufacturers with @mentions on Twitter, and in the posts on Facebook.

From there, it is up to whoever shares it. I've been fortunate enough to receive shares from MVP, Discmania, and Dynamic Discs and EMac. I am truly grateful for the support, as it has driven a lot of traffic to the site.

As a result, the Trilogy fanbase (which has a large social media presence) has stepped up to vote. If that means some are simply voting Trilogy only, so be it. But with the Destroyer, Teebird, and Buzzz all advancing, it isn't blind Trilogy fanboyism, as many have claimed.

To call the poll itself biased toward Trilogy brands would be incorrect, so I want to clear that up. If anything, the poll skewed toward Innova and Discraft in the initial seedings, because they have been the longstanding stalwarts of the industry. I also gave the Wizard a 1 seed, the PD a 2 seed, and showed love for other DGCR favorites.

The only thing I can say to people who are upset that Trilogy fans are voting more is this: Share it with your friends. That's the way this has grown, and the way to get more votes for your favorites.

Also, please remember that this is supposed to be FUN. If you're getting upset about who is winning, step away from the keyboard and go throw a Frisbee. :D

Truly, though, I appreciate that this is even a discussion. That means people are engaged, and that's my whole goal with the site. So whether you are a Trilogy lover, or think "fanboys" have overrun the process, I have this to say in closing: THANK YOU. It's been a lot of fun. :thmbup:

I've been fortunate enough to receive shares from MVP, Discmania, and Dynamic Discs and EMac. I am truly grateful for the support, as it has driven a lot of traffic to the site.

As a result, the Trilogy fanbase (which has a large social media presence) has stepped up to vote.

Ahhhhh. Now it makes sense. :)

I wasn't upset at all, but there was obviously something driving the Trilogy votes, so thank you for the explanation. Either way, more traffic for YOUR site is a great thing. Keep up the awesome work! :thmbup:

I've shared every round on Hucking Aces, and we don't have a fanbase of one brand over another. We are hardly the biggest thing in disc golf, but we do our share (pun very much intended) so I really don't have a problem with it anymore. At first, it grated on me (and the Roc loss stings a bit) but who cares?

I'm most interested in this round's Firebird/Teebird matchup...