• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Noodle Arm Disc Golf's March Mold Mania!

^^Thanks guys, and thanks for the synergy shares Andy! The disc golf Internet is a big world out there, gotta pick each other up. :hfive:

You guys realize what happened.

They essentially said the Phantom Menace was better than the Empire Strikes Back.

That cannot stand.

No, it's more like saying "Revenge of the Sith" is ever so slightly better than "Empire Strikes Back" because of advantages in modern filmmaking technology, and the ability to look back on a storied franchise and see what works and what doesn't.

^ basically both arguments are pointless. Empire Srikes back will always be the best Star Wars film. Just as the Roc should always be considered on of the absolute best mids.

Both and along when nothing like them had even been quite as they are or as successful and just knocked it out of the park.

My daughter knows what a Roc and Empire are, because those are the kinds of things you pass on. The new movies and many of the new discs are fine but wouldn't exist without the forerunners.

^ basically both arguments are pointless. Empire Srikes back will always be the best Star Wars film. Just as the Roc should always be considered on of the absolute best mids.

Both and along when nothing like them had even been quite as they are or as successful and just knocked it out of the park.

My daughter knows what a Roc and Empire are, because those are the kinds of things you pass on. The new movies and many of the new discs are fine but wouldn't exist without the forerunners.

Without this
17wmt-articleLarge-v2.jpg

We wouldn't have this

iPhone5_GS3.jpeg

But no one says those old phones are the best still.

Really, I've thrown most of the disks in contention... the new ones are NOT the equivalent of a smart phone vs a brick phone (talk about really blowing things out of proportion). More even with an iPhone vs an Android ;)

cool idea but i dont like some of your comparisons.

firebird and jls??

Really, I've thrown most of the disks in contention... the new ones are NOT the equivalent of a smart phone vs a brick phone (talk about really blowing things out of proportion). More even with an iPhone vs an Android ;)

It was just a reference. Trying to make a point that just because something is the first of its kind, doesn't mean that it's the best it will ever be.
Seriously, look at the Roc. Everyone used to be all over this disc and say it was the best ever. The invention of the Roc3 took a lot of love away from the original Roc.

People who get into the sport today have a different viewpoint on discs then those that have been in it 5,10,20 years. Todays Rocs are nothing like Rocs from 5 years ago.

Without this
17wmt-articleLarge-v2.jpg

We wouldn't have this

iPhone5_GS3.jpeg

But no one says those old phones are the best still.

Thats more like comparing an old midnight flyer to the current discs, but I get your point. I just think that with the new plastic types and some of the mold tweaks over the years the buzz and roc are still up to par with any modern mid range. I get to the truth is a popular mold but I kind of think that this poll is gotten a bit skewed.

People who get into the sport today have a different viewpoint on discs then those that have been in it 5,10,20 years. Todays Rocs are nothing like Rocs from 5 years ago.

True, but I do not see the trilogy discs out on the course nearly enough to find the outcome as more than clickbaited.

Imo saying the Truth is better than the Roc is like saying Blade Runner is better than Empire Strikes Back.

it's opinion. And it happens to be the same as mine.

:p

I suggest that roc throwers are drunk old men who don't know how to internet properly, hence the unequal representation.

Hahahaha the world is beating the destroyer. I am one of three people I know in real life who even throws the world. *sniffs the air* ahhhhh.... Can ya smell it? That is fanboyism, my friends.

I voted. I even voted for the Teebird over the World. Just because I throw the world and not the teebird doesn't mean the teebird isnt better...
Now if it were teebird or FD I would have to reassess.

For what its worth, the Roc is an original Iphone, It changed the way discs were looked at and is still plenty useable today. The Truth is like a HTC1 it is flashier and made better, and dare I say works better, but it doesnt mean the Iphone doesn't work.

At least the Lat Group FB pages will sleep well tonight knowing their fanboyism packed the Final Four with their molds.

At least the Lat Group FB pages will sleep well tonight knowing their fanboyism packed the Final Four with their molds.

Team Trilogy needs to spend more time on the course and less time on the facebooks.

Team Trilogy needs to spend more time on the course and less time on the facebooks.

I think I'm going to start calling them the Company Men. I hardly look at FB anymore, and every time I checked it during this poll there have been tons of posts from that group talking about voting by company and who was getting knocked out next.

It's sad.

O well, at least my poll brought justice back to the robbed Wizard.

Latest posts