• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Northern CA Roadtrip

MikePinchico

Double Eagle Member
I was thinking of a one day three course road trip leaving Chico early in the morning and playing: Auburn Regional Park, Hanging Oaks, and Condon Park. Is this crazy to think I could get this done? I think it would be one hell of a day of disc golf, let me know your thoughts.

You could definitely do it, and would be very tired and happy once you finished! All are very nice courses, and quite different. Enjoy!

Tim S.

Never played hanging oaks so i cant comment on play time, but considering its not far at all from condon its seems totally doable. Auburn is a fairly fast course most times of the day. Condon is quick as well assuming you have played there before.

My buddys and I like to do a similar trip, orangevale/shady oaks, condon and then auburn on the way home since its the least busiest.

I've played those 3 in one day many times. Start auburn/then condon/ then penn valley. Don't drink or smoke at condon. The other two your fine.

Thank you for the feedback. I heard the same things about Condon but thanks for the heads up. Well soon as it dries out I will defiantly be making that trip

Definitely easy to play all three with plenty of time to spare. You could probably even throw in the 9 hole course in Brownsville.

Isn't Brownsville closed most weekends? But if it is open that would be perfect going back to Chico on Hwy 20.

BudB and I have done all three in one day...good fun. Hopefully you won't get too much rain. Guess this weekend is supposed to be pretty wet.

I will defiantly go play that course. I have driven past so many times and I had no idea it was there.

I think its only been there about a year and a half. Its the best 9 hole course I have played, actually it rivals many 18 hole courses. Just watch out for poison oak, there is lots of it there.

I'm more affraid of finding a rattlsnake than I am standing in posion oak. I've played a few DGC in Cali that have signs warning of players of rattlesnakes. Which DGC's in Cali in your opinion have abundance of rattlesnakes and what should one do if faced with a situation of confronting one?

Oh man, those three courses would make for one awesome day of disc golf. I spent the first 5 months of this year in that area and got to play all of those courses, but never in one day. Auburn is definitely my favorite of the three, followed by Condon, then Hanging Oaks.

Condon is very different from all other courses I've played just because of the species of trees. Very different feel in that kind of canopy compared to what I'm used to back in the midwest.

Auburn to me feels a lot like my favorite course, Lincoln Ridge in my hometown (Independence, KY), only less wooded. Flat out enjoyable course.

Hammon Grove is definitely worth a quick visit on the way out. Very well done 9 hole course.

I have to drive from Sacto. CA up to Brookings,Orgn in a couple of weeks and want to make a couple stops to play on the way up. Any suggestions on must see between here and there? Thanks in advc for any help

I have to drive from Sacto. CA up to Brookings,Orgn in a couple of weeks and want to make a couple stops to play on the way up. Any suggestions on must see between here and there? Thanks in advc for any help

You will like Black Butte Lake. Call me when you go, maybe I can meet you out there.

Defiantly play black butte in Orland it's like 5 minutes from I-5, you should also play Anderson River park, the Mt. Shasta DGC, and COS in Weed. All of those courses are great, I hope you have a good time.

I might go down and check out the Pro Worlds that weekend. Have a good trip if I don't see you.