• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nuke OS = Awesome

ClarkFTW

Bogey Member
Is anyone else like me bought the Nuke OS and just absolutely thinks the disc is amazing?

Sorry to thread drift, but does anybody know if the Nuke OS is the same mold as the Sparkle Nuke+ Proto from Worlds last year?

Now to stay on topic, I haven't bought one yet. I don't think I will since I have some Z Nukes that are stable enough to satisfy my needs for the foreseeable future. What do you think is so amazing about it?

Well i'm a fan of overstable discs. The Nuke OS is exactly what is said overstable i can rip as hard as i want into it and i know it won't turnover. With the regular nuke i couldn't do that i would rip into as flat as i could and it would flip on me. I would even try to put a little hyzer on the regular nuke and it would still flip on me. With the nuke os i will even try to throw anhyzer on it and it will level out pretty quick. It's an overall really useful disc for me. I'm a right hand forehand player that can rip a disc 450' on a long open flat hole.

Sorry to thread drift, but does anybody know if the Nuke OS is the same mold as the Sparkle Nuke+ Proto from Worlds last year?

not the same: nuke+ was beaded (I think?) and the OS is probably a big wing scoop

a nuke vs OS vs SS profile pic would be fun

If I tried to throw this with my noodle arm, it would probably hook so hard that it would return to where I threw it from.

Interesting. I'm 6'6" with pretty large hands and I find the Nuke extremely uncomfortable to FH with how wide the rim is. That's a pretty impressive toss.

I find that the rim is ok but i don't use the Nuke for super long shots. The disc i use for my longest is a star boss or katana. I can get 450' pretty consistently but i've gotten around 470' once but that was with a slight down hill.

Nuke OS

I wonder if its more OS than an Ape ora PD2? I have an Ape mostly for throws I need to go about 300+ and then turn right without fail. Basically a utility disc for me as I cant push it out past 325.

Picked up 2 yesterday. So far, they are exactly what I was hoping for. These things are sick overstable.

I read a post jokingly stating that they could take the place of Forces in the bag. I think not. I flex my Forces in no wind. Not these. They are rated 2.2 but feel more like 2.5. I can't see ever getting the distance I get from Forces from these OS'. They fall out way to hard.

For me at least, these will be for headwinds and hyzers. I will probably only carry one as a specialty disc, and I may not throw it often, but I think it already made my bag. It's nice to have at least one high speed driver that you can't break/flip in even the strongest of headwinds.

Challenger-Drone-Wasp-Glide-Stalker-Predator-Surge-Nuke-Force-NukeOS

I read a post jokingly stating that they could take the place of Forces in the bag. I think not. I flex my Forces in no wind. Not these. They are rated 2.2 but feel more like 2.5. I can't see ever getting the distance I get from Forces from these OS'. They fall out way to hard.
Sounds a lot like the C-PD2.

I throw 325 max distance, this thing is the bomb!

For me at least, these will be for headwinds and hyzers. I will probably only carry one as a specialty disc, and I may not throw it often, but I think it already made my bag. It's nice to have at least one high speed driver that you can't break/flip in even the strongest of headwinds.

I use my CFR Glo Destroyer for this shot, and I can't imagine needing anything more stable at that speed (it is more stable than any XCal I've ever thrown). TBH though, I do tend to have at least a bit of hyzer on almost everything I throw, so that probably means something.

Was hoping to pick a couple of these up today but I will have to wait until next week as Wright Life is not getting them in until then.

I read a post jokingly stating that they could take the place of Forces in the bag. I think not. I flex my Forces in no wind. Not these.

Wow. Are we talking more overstable than a domey Z Force, or a flat beat one? I've thrown some mean Forces. I can't imagine needing a more overstable fast disc.