• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nuke OS = Awesome

Z with that nice straight line for a mile and then fades forward at the end. In wind, and seems like it will flex back from almost any amount of anny.

I ended up with 3 of these and was especially surprised at the noticeable PLH variation in my small sample size - haven't thrown them yet, but they do feel better than an Ape for my FH meathook duties.
From highest to lowest PLH: green 170, blue 174, orange 170

also, the white paint stamps just suck

I've had my Nuke OS for a couple weeks now. It's certainly a meat hook, working to break it in, though. Rated 2.2, but flies like a 2.5+ out of the box.

There may not be a comparison but if anyone has one. I'm interested in hearing the difference between this and a max weight flick. Other than speed

From my experience, the Flick is very overstable, but doesn't handle headwinds very well. In no wind, the Flick can be a meat hook, but it will actually flip in a headwind. Anyone else notice this trend? My local pro agrees with this, also.

I have a Flick a Pred and the OS......In my opinion the Flick and the Pred are only similar in overstability. The Pred is slower and for me easier to control. The flick is a lot faster can handle more snap than my Pred and I use to be able to thow it 400ft+ consistantly until I smacked a tree 10 ft away at full power and watched a Z disc MATIX ripple like an flx....now its warped but still throws well but only about 300ft.

The OS in my opinion throws like a faster Pred....It can take more snap than a pred but flies exactly the same distance and the same flight plane. I throw my pred 250-300 ft with great accuracy, but if I power up on the Pred it gets a bit wabbly...The OS can handle power up throws with out the wabble usually around 300-325ft distance

It will be a debate to decide which of the three I will keep in my bag....the Pred will stay for sure but I think the Flick or the OS are competing for a spot in my bad.

My personal experience with my OS (Blue, 174) is that is potentially the most overstable disc I've thrown. Whereas my Preds/Forces/PD2 can be thrown flat and will carry flat for a long way for me before fading out, the OS gets noticeably less distance and fades noticeably harder. In fact, outside of a Trident, I don't know that I've ever seen a disc seek the ground so quickly. It doesn't just fade off left like most discs, it NOSE DIVES towards the ground.

At this point, I'm still undecided on it. I want to give it some testing in bad wind, but we haven't really had any of late. I've tried it as an OH disc and seems to get some use for me like that. I'm just not sure its going to stay in the bag.

I just received 3 of them in the mail today. Identical color and weight, but the domes are different. 2 Super flat, 1 slight dome. These are great I threw them about 400' with a nice hyzer spike finish. I carry. Nuke, nuke ss and nuke os, all first runs all indentical weight and love everyone for a different purpose.

Yesterday was the 1st day I threw a Nuke OS in a tournament. It was our weekly handicapped event where i'm just a contributor unless I shoot out of my mind. I threw the disc on 180-240ft holes both forehand and backhand. Basically I threw it on the holes I typically use my Zone on. I managed to have a few birdies and an occasional bounce or skip at the basket for an ace run. It was all good fun and I was hoping to beat it up a little. I think i'll keep it in my bag to replace my super-overstable surge.

Discraft is the first company to make a maximum speed disc that is actually overstable...Not just overstable for noodle arms (APE), but overstable for power throwers as well. Their sponsored pros have an edge over the Innova guys in the wind now...

Discraft is the first company to make a maximum speed disc that is actually overstable...Not just overstable for noodle arms (APE), but overstable for power throwers as well. Their sponsored pros have an edge over the Innova guys in the wind now...

At first when I read this, I was going to say that you were wrong because the Spirit by Gateway would fit this category and it was released many years ago. Then I re-read and saw "maximum speed disc." The Spirit was one of the fastest if not the fastest discs out there when it was released....obviously there are faster discs now.

Innova guys can use the PD2 can't they? I doubt you'd see a statistically significant bump in DC sponsored pros' ratings because of the Nuke OS in their bags [were you able to do such an analysis]. Still, it's a step up from a beefy Force and I'm sure the DC guys will appreciate having it.

I didn't buy this disc for distance, I bought it because I want a meat hook that I can count on, something that will give me an instance, hard hyzer for those tight, almost 90 degree left turns, and I think this disc will do that for me.

I didn't buy this disc for distance, I bought it because I want a meat hook that I can count on, something that will give me an instance, hard hyzer for those tight, almost 90 degree left turns, and I think this disc will do that for me.

I'm not a big arm so I don't need something overstable for distance. I keep something overstable for the "pitching wedge" style shots. This works fine for that.

Anyone had any experience throwing various weights to note if there's a big difference in stability between them? Mine really is just a bit too overstable for my tastes and I'm wondering if something lighter might be a little more usable.

Latest posts