• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nuke SS=No GO

Got out and threw my Nuke SS's. Played an open course, with several holes over 500'. I found the Nuke ss to be a lot like the Katana in Champ plastic. Flippy, but not crazy flippy. On the holes I threw them I threw 4 discs, 2 nuke SS's, an esp Nuke and an SS avenger. I still found if I had a slight down hill, or into a slight wind the esp nuke far out preformed the rest. I get a nice straight 400' flight out of the esp nuke.

However with a tail wind or no wind the ss nukes and the avenger went further for me. I did turn the nuke ss into a roller a couple times on accident.

However all in all, I still throw farther with an avenger ss. A couple times today I got close to the 450' mark with a huge hyzer flipped avenger ss. This is huge for me, as I normally top out about 400'. I think I throw avengers better due to the fact of the smaller rims are easier for me to grip and get better snap.

I did turn several heads today with my D, which I dont normally do. I guess my winter hiatus has helped rid my game of my flaws in my technique.

I ordered a first run from Dynamic, The plastic feels like ESP alot more than Z. Great disc for slower arms, Need to give it some room to work though.

Welcome to the madness Jonny^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Always a nice pick-me-up ... especially if there are some lovely ladies watching ;)

You have lovely ladies playing where you are?!?!?

I thought, based on my experience, that there were strict rules against that type of thing.

I like mine but if i throw it at full power it flips on me. But when i throw it with hyzer flip it flips up and sails. Its a very low profile disc that flies straight for me.

At my power level (375-400), it's not highly effective unless I'm using it as a tailwind driver, a roller, or a long-range turnover disc. I find it turns a bit harder than an avenger SS but has a narrower speed band in which that turn occurs, so it's a little harder to predict.

At my power level (375-400), it's not highly effective unless I'm using it as a tailwind driver, a roller, or a long-range turnover disc. I find it turns a bit harder than an avenger SS but has a narrower speed band in which that turn occurs, so it's a little harder to predict.

:thmbup:

I friend of mine with a little bulk, and therefore not the cleanest of techniques, tops out at 300 feet. The SS works great for him and added about 15 to 20 feet to his drives while being a very straight flyer. Unfortunately this also meant that it flew STRAIGHT into the water on Hole 11 at The Valley. Oh well. We have been trying to get him to buy another one because it worked so well for him. I do not know why he has not pulled the trigger yet.

Latest posts