• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Off-the-wall idea thread

bazillion

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Okay, let's brainstorm some OTW ideas, like ...

Rent a big old RV and go on a nationwide DG tour - talk about an ulimate road trip! - for about a year. DGCR members get a discount, of course.

Ok, how about you get a portable basket and climb over the White House fence and see how long it takes to play perfect putt 360 in the rose garden until you're shot/tazered/tackled by secret service?

Or go for the world record on longest roller (Is there one?)

Turn your mall into an object course (great Youtube potential, throwing sidearm at a mall cop while you're running away).

Pay a prostitute to go play a round with you like Dave Attel did on one episode of Insomniac (he went bowling).

Your dog carries your discs for you? F you, I've got a llama to caddy for me. Inca style biznitches.

Play a tourney pretending to be blind (great youtube potential a la Jackass again).

ok I'm done for now. I'm pretty good with OTW crap, that's why one of my nicknames is Random.

Okay, let's brainstorm some OTW ideas, like ...

Rent a big old RV and go on a nationwide DG tour - talk about an ulimate road trip! - for about a year. DGCR members get a discount, of course.

Dodge Disc.

Its just like dodge ball, except instead of balls you throw Wraiths.

What could possibly go wrong?

Throw spike hyzers off the Empire State building, each person you hit get 5 points.

More DG courses on actual golf courses, with carts, along with driving ranges with every driver without having to fetch them.

Less casual casual rounds :)

Or go for the world record on longest roller (Is there one?)

Roller Distance Record (non-turf): 3791.68 ft. (1155.7 m) by Randy Lahm, 4/01
Roller Distance (turf): 693.04 ft. (211.24 m), Christian Voigt (GER) 11/1/97, Malmö, SWE

Or the younger players out there might want to go for the youth distance records:
Girls (15 and younger): 125.10 m (410.4 ft.) Mary Uhlarik (USA) 11/4/94 Anaheim, CA
Boys 13 and younger: 224.00 m (734.9 ft.) David Wiggins, Jr. (USA) 4/3/09 Prim, NV
Boys 12 and younger: 176.00 m (577.4 ft.)David Wiggins, Jr. (USA) 4/5/08 Prim, NV
Boys 11 and younger: 147.60 m (484.3 ft.) David Wiggins, Jr. (USA) 3/14/07 High Point, NC
Boys 10 and younger: 121.65 m (399.1 ft.) David Wiggins, Jr. (USA) 4/4/06 High Point, NC
Boys 9 and younger: 112.12 m (367.8 ft.) Nicholas Duran (USA) 3/28/09 Pinetop, AZ

From the WFDF World Records

Set up a basket across from your john so you can work on your putts while doing your business?

Set up a mini-dg course complete with a windmill hole.

Get your wife involved so you can play more often (see my other thread) :)

Set upa basket in your front lawn and do some drive-by flinging.

Set up a basket across from your john so you can work on your putts while doing your business?

Set up a mini-dg course complete with a windmill hole.

Get your wife involved so you can play more often (see my other thread) :)

Set upa basket in your front lawn and do some drive-by flinging.

That's a pretty big bathroom you must have!

I like the travel across country in a big conversion van idea. (I would be eating government issued cheese of course) I did a Google maps thing that did a big loop around the US, and it was around 10,000 miles and manage to get close to 1500 or so courses. No that would be a fun year! Oh, and you could chronicle it on this site!

Go to South Carolina, Myrtle Beach....there is a 18 hole and 9 hole. There are also some closer to Columbia I think.

There are only 2 DG courses in the Chicago city limits. One is in the quad of a technical college, and the other one is on an 18 hole golf course.

Rent a cart for 5 bucks, and get nasty looks and remarks from the ball golfers.

It definitely take the paranoia out of drinking since you aren't in a public park, but I prefer driving out to the burbs to a real course.

Combo the drive-by putting with ball course play...

if your disc is within 50-100 feet of the hole, you can either putt as usual, or choose to drive-by on the cart. If you make it in on the drive-by, you get one stroke off your score for that hole.

Latest posts