• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also looks like folks can get 3 for $35 off Discmania's outlet page:
https://www.discmania.net/collectio...288978573&mc_cid=8ce6ae56c0&mc_eid=99999c4f7c

I saw that today, too! I know I could buy a bunch and be covered for a long time, but I like the idea of not needing a bag-full of backups for something that's OOP. Like, ideally, I'd have a couple backups, and no concerns about being able to buy a couple more in the more distant future. (Especially if I move to a different mold, then I'm not stuck with a shelf full of discs to sell.)

Maybe that's weird...I dunno. I'm just a guy who wants the future of the world, however bleak it may be, to include new runs of PPDs.

I have a bag full of rarities. I used to worry about backups, but now Im more cest la vie about them. I have 1-3 backups at most and going to worry about that if I lose any. Which happens pretty rarely. Also its not a 100% given I will still be in love with any of the molds in 5 years.* Its plastic, and while super duper lovely plastic, still just plastic.

*I used to also think someday my bag would be "complete/ready" and thus set in stone. Yeah, right.

*I used to also think someday my bag would be "complete/ready" and thus set in stone. Yeah, right.

That's exactly how I've been thinking. And your post makes me realize that that's kind of silly.

+100 internet points to you, sir! You just made someone on the internet change their mind about something.

I don't believe they ran anything lower than max weight DD3 in the first batch.

Second batch coming out later this month. Hopefully some in there for us.

InnovaStore had loads of other weights too. Not going to help you US guys anymore but certainly they were run. Jussi even suggested lower weights for less stability. I have 175 and 168 and perhaps a smidge of difference, although shape is 1:1

From what I was told, only dealers got the sub 175 DD3's. So unless you know a dealer or store, your chances of getting a lighterweight one were very slim on this run.

On 1010discs I got a 167g and 168g the day they came out. The lighter ones definitely went quickly.

The lighter weights appear to have a bit more dome than the max weight from my sample size.

I have 6 DD3's in total...

1 CloudBreaker @ 176.2
1 @ 169 (170)
4 @ 175 (174.7, 175, 175.7, 176.8)

All are white and the CB is a lighter colored "swirl".

My CB is 176.2 and after a fair amount of abuse has developed a very controllable turn with nice glide.. The lightest one has the most dome and from my experience flies like a nicely beat in CB while the new max weight DD3's seem to fly similar to a brand new CB.

I've replaced the CB with the lightweight DD3 for peace of mind and because the CB was hard to find in the AZ desert landscape. I've paired a lightweight one with a more stable max weight one I think its going to provide consistent and reliable results. Can't wait to get these things beat in and start cycling them into the bag..

lol glad there will be a choice of colors. Thought I misremembered... Nope just a let down these won't be in SLine like initially announced. Pushing the date out on all these too, which I understand.
Wonder who complained about SLine. Gimme a name.

I'm excited about the DD3 and Iron Samurai dropping tomorrow, but I'm curious if there's any updated info on when a stock run of the F2v3 will be released? Loving the Royal Rage.

Hey this was addressed a few pages back, but I would really like to know about any updates. The website at last look said July 2019 for a prod run.

From what I was told, only dealers got the sub 175 DD3's. So unless you know a dealer or store, your chances of getting a lighterweight one were very slim on this run.

Even for us, there was like 90 of them out of the thousands dropped for us. Gone in 2 minutes on the light weights so very hard to get.

I'd recommend they make maybe 20-25% in sub-175 for max rim drivers, and 5% or less on putters. I think the sub-175 were 2% or less on this production run

Status
Not open for further replies.