• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to find the run of jolly launcher flat MD3's - ignore the # after the MD that run is really straight.

Other than once in a while happy accidents (2nd run FD) a wide variation of flights from the same mold between runs is for the birds.

I'm a fellow discmaniac and these are some suggestions/observations/stream of consciousness thought barf

ALL THINGS CONSIDERED! (including that there will always be a *slight* variation between runs, there are already variations of runs/plastics to cover *most slots*)

Compared to the distance and fairway line ups, the mids are a mess.

the name of the game is consistency..

all MD3s should be overstable.

all MD2s should be stable.

all MD1s(after the possible retool) should fly understable.

these three flight paths plus the GM as a tweener/utility beefcake MD4** would be a complete midrange line up that rivals the competitors.

there is barely any distinction between the MD1/MD2/MD3 at least not enough to cover all bag slots (truly overstable/truly understable). They are all stable/straight to fade flyers

Please don't just start shoehorning mold after mold into the line up.

If discmania could offer a complete range of mid flight paths from understable to overstable (md1/md2/md3/md4**) keeping simplicity (number of molds) and consistency paramount (they fly like they should), they would be ahead of the game.

I love how discmania has kept a close eye on variations and made it a point to know the subtleties of flight paths. Being proactive and vocal as to which ones you're buying has seriously separated them from the competition (for the better) in my eyes..

BUT!

wouldn't it be easier if all MD3s flew like MD3s?

I must commend you for the stock stamp x-line P2 with a mini store stamp! I would love to see this done on other molds :) reminds me of when innova puts mini wings on stock stamps. Just a nice touch and nice look! Keep up the good work!

Or any flat glow cmd'2s in the near future?

This would be awesome. If I recall, Discmania's glow plastic is softer than Jolly Launcher which would be great. Flat/gummier would be a dream. It's basically impossible to find the old opaque CMD2s anywhere.

get a glow MD3, in my experience they are 99,9% the same disc as good 'ol flat opaque cmd2s

i thought the glow MD3's were actually beefy? the opaque cmd2's started out with solid fade but i wouldn't call them beefy. i guess i need to buy one to see for myself.

i also would be ecstatic if they brought back the gummier plastic for CMD2's, if that means glow plastic whatever. im just overall not a huge fan of the hard slick plastic for my mids; that's why i'm hoarding the opaque gummies.

thats what people keep saying but the two glow md3s i have are indentical, slightly power hungry maybe but straight with moderate fade. forehand given a good snap they are surprisingly long and super straight.

maybe my md2 was a freak? dunno, anyways IMO these were the perfect replacement to when I lost it

thats what people keep saying but the two glow md3s i have are indentical, slightly power hungry maybe but straight with moderate fade. forehand given a good snap they are surprisingly long and super straight.

maybe my md2 was a freak? dunno, anyways IMO these were the perfect replacement to when I lost it

that pretty much describes the opaques i have; then after you beat them in a bit the fade kinda dies off but the high speed stability stays. to me the first JL run were more power hungry and the flats really lacked glide and the domier ones faded to early. even the ones i beat in still didn't fly as well as the opaques, they just wouldn't get up and go the same way.

they're saying the new run of JL's are more like the originals so I'll have to check those out but I still would rather have a softer plastic for my mids.

G-Line FDs and FD2s in the future?

they actually have Factory Seconds G-FDs and D-FD (yup DX FDs for $6.00) at the Innova Factory Store. There is also first run X-out G-FDs (only in max weight though) at the Discmania online store.

Last edited:
Do you guys not produce a lot of lighter weight C line plastic? It seems like 170-171 is the lightest I usually find online, even at the Discmania store. Do the lighter weights not mold up how you want them? Just curious as to how that decision gets made.

Cliff notes: I'd love to find a 167g 3rd run or later C FD and C CD2 :D

Those were the two exceptions, I forgot to mention those. Those light FD's are my favorites, 166-169 are right in my wheelhouse.

I'd love a non blizzard DD2 or even a PD2 that light

The low 160s s line dd2s from hero flat out bombed. Think that's the longest forehand disc I've thrown.

BUT!

wouldn't it be easier if all MD3s flew like MD3s?

Yes, agreed. Since it's not my place to speak on that part of the operation, I'll just say it's something they're aware of. :)

I've had some of the same issues in switching over from the Roc/Roc3/Shark3 combo I was using, but thanks to the tireless efforts of the legendary Ryan Rintala I've got a good set together now.

Glow C-MD3's are overstable
new run C-MD3's (more dome) are stable
flat C-MD2's are drifty with some fade
flat gummy JL MD3's are point-and-shoot line holders

Hope this helps for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.