• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the new flatter run of pd2s have bubbles in the rim? I ordered a couple and they have bubbles, dome and fly just like the previous run. Just making sure I received the correct discs.

Mine has bubbles in the rim. The plastic is also much more cloudy compared to a regular JL-plastic but not domey at all. Not nearly as OS as the previous run.

Attachments

• IMG_20150310_052914.jpg
    IMG_20150310_052914.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 42
I ordered yellow and yellow- green. I looked at a blue in a local shop and it was as flat as yours. Maybe the blues molded up flatter. I suck at posting pix from my ipad but they are as domey as the previous run.

Any chance we will see a P-Line P1x by this summer? I change putter plastic based on temperature. Would love the same mix of p-line that's used in the KP2's to be used on some P1x's.

question for ryan or anyone else that might have the answer.

I have this c-line pd, cannot figure out which run it is. All I truly know is that it's not a 1st run. It's pretty flat, very stiff, and the plastic is glass clear. I had assumed it was a 6th run based off the description on the discmania site (http://store.discmania.net/index.php/discs/regular-production/distance-drivers/c-line-pd-flat.html) but I bought one from the site and the plastic was not nearly as stiff or as clear. The disc is yellow and the 6th run I bought is blue. I dunno if the color of plastic would make a difference or not.

Anyone know the run?

TLDR: Anyone know what run my flat, glass-clear, stiff PD is?

All the 5th runs I've seen were pop top domey. The only flat/clear/stiff PD I've seen was the first run. I have one still in a box somewhere.

DD2?

What is the most true to the flight numbers DD2 that is currently being produced?

I've had several DD2's and I've really wanted to bag one as a compliment to the PD2, but they've been wildly inconsistent for me. The one that flew the closest to the advertised flight was a heavier Blizzard, but it got flippy soon after I got it. I grabbed another one and it was pretty much a roller out of the box. Tried a p-line and it was too flippy. I also have an s-line that flies more OS than my PD2's and I've tried everything to make it more stable, but no luck. Only one I've not tried is a c-line.

I'd love to have a DD2 that starts off with a bit of high speed turn and a nice hard fade. Does that disc exist? Maybe I should look at beating in a p-line PD2 instead?

What is the most true to the flight numbers DD2 that is currently being produced?

I've had several DD2's and I've really wanted to bag one as a compliment to the PD2, but they've been wildly inconsistent for me. The one that flew the closest to the advertised flight was a heavier Blizzard, but it got flippy soon after I got it. I grabbed another one and it was pretty much a roller out of the box. Tried a p-line and it was too flippy. I also have an s-line that flies more OS than my PD2's and I've tried everything to make it more stable, but no luck. Only one I've not tried is a c-line.

I'd love to have a DD2 that starts off with a bit of high speed turn and a nice hard fade. Does that disc exist? Maybe I should look at beating in a p-line PD2 instead?

I had 2 echo star DD2s and when I ordered them I asked for the highest PLH possible to make sure they were a little more stable. One of them was pretty much a destroyer mild turn followed by healthy fade and the other was like a katana where it would turn over released on a hyzer angle. I am still wishing they would make a disc in between the DD2 and PD2!

I'd definitely try the C-line. In my bag I keep 2 C-line and 1 Echo S-Line as my main distance drivers. The flight is exactly what you're describing for me when thrown on a slight hyzer.

I had 2 echo star DD2s and when I ordered them I asked for the highest PLH possible to make sure they were a little more stable. One of them was pretty much a destroyer mild turn followed by healthy fade and the other was like a katana where it would turn over released on a hyzer angle. I am still wishing they would make a disc in between the DD2 and PD2!

In stability that would be a DD, though it isn't quite as fast.

The DD for me was a weird tweener between my PD and destroyers. It was just slightly faster and maybe 10-15 longer in average than my PD but less comfortable to throw and slower with about 30-40ft less distance potential than my destroyers. I just want a discmania destroyer!

I've had bum luck with the DD2(S-Line) lately The two S-Line's(New Stamp) I picked up recently were more overstable than my bubble rim C-PD2's. Anybody else have the same experience? I might try a C-Line to see if they fit the bill.

I've had bum luck with the DD2(S-Line) lately The two S-Line's(New Stamp) I picked up recently were more overstable than my bubble rim C-PD2's. Anybody else have the same experience? I might try a C-Line to see if they fit the bill.
Heck yes! I have an old stamp S-line that is more OS than some of my PD2's and I've tried all sorts of things to try and make that disc less stable. Trimming flashing, throwing it directly into trees, rocks, the asphalt, tuning it... Nothing has worked. Really it's just lost a tick of HSS, but still with monster fade.

Bummer to hear the new stamp S-lines are just as OS. I'd prefer to bag the S- over the C-lines.

If only all manufacturers had customer service like this, answering every single question in this thread. I even accidentally emailed Ryan yesterday when I meant to email a different Ryan here at work and he ended up answering a bunch of questions I had about MD2s and MD3s. Great guy to work with.

I do love how Discmania recognizes and celebrates the differences between different production runs and sells them separately with different descriptions. It makes buying new discs that much easier... but ends up hurting my diminishing PayPal balance :D

Thanks, we just want you guys to have the absolute best chance to reinvent your game and conquer courses.

Seeing this thread is basically the reason I went out and bought 3 FD's 4 PD's 2 P1x's a glow MD3.. CD2..

And since your answered my P2X question... No worries, I already went out and bought 2 172G P-line P2's ;) my pointer finger sits absolutely perfect on that rim. I haven't gotten to putt these yet but I'm thinking they will be my main putter.

You're the bomb. My bag will always consist of Discmania from here on out.

Thanks! we just released full weight P-LINE P2s (most marked with KP2, but all from the same run)

I was wondering if you guys ever thought about making vinyl decal for cars. I know I would love to have a big discmania shield on my back window.

We are always open to new ideas. We will consider it with new products.

G-line PD2s? Bueller?

I love seeing some of the limited stock discs pop up on your store. I'll definitely be looking to pick up some more glow MD3s, etc. However, there's no way G-PD2s wouldn't be a success. I have a good mix of PD2s in the bag, but I think a G-PD2 (especially a domey one) would be perfect for big s-curve bombs after a little beating in. I have a couple first run euro-open C-PD2s but they took an eternity to get to that point and I would hate to lose them. Additionally it would be nice to have the same disc with a little less HSS. When I bagged destroyers, I went S/DS, champ DS, *D, echo DS in order of stability. It would be nice to be able to do the same with PD2s in premium plastic.

G-PD2s will most likely happen. But it's not high speed season yet. isn't it still winter up in the northern states?

What happened to free shipping on the DM store?

We have free shipping every so often on the store. it's not a permanent thing we offer.

They occasionally do it for special events. It's never been standard.

Correct.

I doubt they would have any opposition to you having one done for yourself. They do own the logo copyrights but I think the free advertisement would be a good trade off.

Feel free to email us about this if you're really serious. [email protected]

After throwing X-line for the first time today (P1X), I wonder if it will be rolled out in other molds too? X-P2s are a thing I know, but maybe drivers too if it holds up well. XT PDs would be sick and with that tackyness you could get crazy snap on them too...

We will certainly consider them for future productions.

Does the new flatter run of pd2s have bubbles in the rim? I ordered a couple and they have bubbles, dome and fly just like the previous run. Just making sure I received the correct discs.

yes they still have bubbles in the rim, but the plastic is a little more cloudy and some colors even have a little pearl.

XT PDs, yes please.

Think you'll ever make D-line PDs?

We have actually considered both. Do you think D-LINE PDs would be worth wile after 2 rounds and the outside edge is dinged up?

Mine has bubbles in the rim. The plastic is also much more cloudy compared to a regular JL-plastic but not domey at all. Not nearly as OS as the previous run.

There are some that are domey, but not nearly as domey as the previous run. That is why we name the run "flatter jolly launcher" and not "flat jolly launcher"

Pro tip - Red & Pink are the flattest colors I've seen so far.

Thanks for quick response. That disc does not have the same profile as the ones I received. Mine are exactly like previous run making me think there was a mix up.

the Yellow/Green or dayglow seem to have the higher dome. Remember all PD2s are overstable, some just glide further than others :)

Which color did you receive? Could you post a picture of your disc?

yes, picture please!

I ordered yellow and yellow- green. I looked at a blue in a local shop and it was as flat as yours. Maybe the blues molded up flatter. I suck at posting pix from my ipad but they are as domey as the previous run.

Most blues were flatter, but Pink and Red were flattest.

Any chance we will see a P-Line P1x by this summer? I change putter plastic based on temperature. Would love the same mix of p-line that's used in the KP2's to be used on some P1x's.

yes there will be a P-LINE P1x. Yes it will be KC pro material.

question for ryan or anyone else that might have the answer.

I have this c-line pd, cannot figure out which run it is. All I truly know is that it's not a 1st run. It's pretty flat, very stiff, and the plastic is glass clear. I had assumed it was a 6th run based off the description on the discmania site (http://store.discmania.net/index.php/discs/regular-production/distance-drivers/c-line-pd-flat.html) but I bought one from the site and the plastic was not nearly as stiff or as clear. The disc is yellow and the 6th run I bought is blue. I dunno if the color of plastic would make a difference or not.

Anyone know the run?

TLDR: Anyone know what run my flat, glass-clear, stiff PD is?

Is it lighter? There was a portion of the 5th run that came out flatter but they were all 165-168 and they were pretty beefy. If it's not lighter I would guess 3rd run, but you said it was clear and not pearly it's not that run.

Could be 5th run. The 5th were jolly launcher as well

lighter 5th run was my guess.

All the 5th runs I've seen were pop top domey. The only flat/clear/stiff PD I've seen was the first run. I have one still in a box somewhere.

Want to sell it? I know a few people on the Discmania Collectors and Throwers page on Facebook that would want it.

Those are the 4th. The domey with clear flight plate and opaque rims

Opaque rims came on the 2nd and 4th run. 2nd run has a plus mold rim.

So the newest S-LINE run is really overstable. The flight numbers are more like 13/5/-1/2 you really need to take the time to beat these ones in and they become your best friend. If you're looking for closest to the flight numbers I would recommend the C-LINE DD2 or Echo S-LINE DD2. If you want one that goes a bit further - look for the 165g blizzard C-LINE DD2. Even Jussi uses this specific blizzard disc. it has a harder feeling compared to the soft spongy feeling rim of newer blizzard discs.

Try our newest S-LINE DD2 with the new stamp design.

I'd definitely try the C-line. In my bag I keep 2 C-line and 1 Echo S-Line as my main distance drivers. The flight is exactly what you're describing for me when thrown on a slight hyzer.

In stability that would be a DD, though it isn't quite as fast.

nice one :hfive:

The DD for me was a weird tweener between my PD and destroyers. It was just slightly faster and maybe 10-15 longer in average than my PD but less comfortable to throw and slower with about 30-40ft less distance potential than my destroyers. I just want a discmania destroyer!

I would recommend trying to find a domey S-LINE DD. It's more like a more dependable but still offers the glide you're looking for.

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying :)

Heck yes! I have an old stamp S-line that is more OS than some of my PD2's and I've tried all sorts of things to try and make that disc less stable. Trimming flashing, throwing it directly into trees, rocks, the asphalt, tuning it... Nothing has worked. Really it's just lost a tick of HSS, but still with monster fade.

Bummer to hear the new stamp S-lines are just as OS. I'd prefer to bag the S- over the C-lines.

The newest S-LINES are really firm. if you can find a soft feeling S-LINE DD2 that's exactly disc you're looking for to get further down the fairway and create a helix type flight.

Thanks for all the questions guys!
Cheers,
Ryan

We have actually considered both. Do you think D-LINE PDs would be worth wile after 2 rounds and the outside edge is dinged up?

Absolutely, other 1.9 sized rim discs hold up well and have a good life cycle in DX (Firebird, Viking, Valkyrie). I'd buy a stack of 10 D-Line PDs the day they came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.