• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to sell it? I know a few people on the Discmania Collectors and Throwers page on Facebook that would want it.

I guess it depends on the price. I like how it looks/feels but I don't throw it because I know I won't find a replacement and my stash of 3rd runs is enough to hold me over for a while.

What are first run C-PDs going for these days? 10/10 could be 9/10 not sure if there's storage wear.

I'm not in vinyl decal business... 😊 what I meant, get a high resolution shield stamp image and take it somewhere where they can put it on whatever product you want.

Copyright issue does exist, but if it is a single guy doing a single item for their own enjoyment, I know I would not really mind if I was the copyright owner.

I used to do this back in the day to make custom band tshirts and didnot feel I was doing anythibg wrong since they were just for me and not for sale.

Looking at the DM website, why do the c line p2s have a different flight rating than the p line. im not sure if it a mistake where the p3 numbers ended up on the p2 or if it is actually that drastically different. specifically looking at the factory seconds.
Also-FINALLY max weight p2s-THANK YOU DM

The c-line is significantly more over stable than the base plastics versions, and happily manufacturers have been acknowledging that with updated flight ratings

Yea, the C-P2 definitely fade harder than the S or D lines i have thrown. The D and S can have some turn when thrown hard, the C seems to hold the line longer before fading

Those who have read this thread or anything about Discmania know Jussi (and the Discmania staff) have ALL the input on mold design.

Those who have read this thread or anything about Discmania know Jussi (and the Discmania staff) have ALL the input on mold design.

Not according to a few posters around here that "work" at innova -- all DaveD. That's why I asked, as I was wondering if they actually know what they are talking about.

I always thought the PD was Jussi's baby but was told that Dave is responsible for all the design.

Pretty sure that Jussi said in the interview they did with him in Disc Golfer that Dave does the design, but the Discmania guys do a lot of testing and consulting; either way they make some great discs, they've slowly been taking over my bag (however, gyro also holds a few slots).

So the first day of spring is Friday, and I'll reask the same question:

Any ideas on when the Lite Basket will be available here in the US? I've been holding off on spending money on a few other baskets because I really think the Lite is going to be awesome! I'd just love to get some idea on a time frame so I can start planning around purchasing one.

Not according to a few posters around here that "work" at innova -- all DaveD. That's why I asked, as I was wondering if they actually know what they are talking about.

I always thought the PD was Jussi's baby but was told that Dave is responsible for all the design.

It's a mutual collaboration. Discmania discs as they have come to be would not have turned out that way without the involvement of both of these individuals from the start. It's best not to worry about the power structure and just remember each person owns their own respective company, and each makes individual decisions for their own company, they're just part of the same family.

There are also other very important members of the family that don't always get their due, but Jussi and Dave are the figureheads.

Pretty sure that Jussi said in the interview they did with him in Disc Golfer that Dave does the design, but the Discmania guys do a lot of testing and consulting; either way they make some great discs, they've slowly been taking over my bag (however, gyro also holds a few slots).

So the first day of spring is Friday, and I'll reask the same question:

Any ideas on when the Lite Basket will be available here in the US? I've been holding off on spending money on a few other baskets because I really think the Lite is going to be awesome! I'd just love to get some idea on a time frame so I can start planning around purchasing one.

I have no info on the release, but I can say that the Lite surprises me constantly. I really like it. (lightweight, portable, catches most like a permanent basket)

So has anyone here tried all runs of C-PD's, if so can they make a listing of them from OS to US? Im looking for some beefy PD's I can beat in and some straights out of the box. PS: I love this mold.

Im looking for some beefy PD's I can beat in and some straights out of the box.
1st runs are always going to be king, but they're really hard to find these days (not to mention $$$). The Metal Flakes in the DM store currently are nice and beefy. Definitely more beefy than any recent run's I've thrown, including the 5th run JL's that were advertised to be close to the 1st runs in terms of stability. I have one in the bag to cover those big hyzer lines. Also, though I've not thrown them, the Euro Open glow PD's are supposed to be pretty beefy too.

As far as straight(er) C-lines, the flat, stiff and pearly 3rd runs were awesome, and apparently the new flat 6th runs are similar. I think there are still some 3rd runs floating around out there in the wild and the DM store has the 6th runs (categorized under 'Flatter Jolly Launcher')

1st runs are always going to be king, but they're really hard to find these days (not to mention $$$). The Metal Flakes in the DM store currently are nice and beefy. Definitely more beefy than any recent run's I've thrown, including the 5th run JL's that were advertised to be close to the 1st runs in terms of stability. I have one in the bag to cover those big hyzer lines. Also, though I've not thrown them, the Euro Open glow PD's are supposed to be pretty beefy too.

As far as straight(er) C-lines, the flat, stiff and pearly 3rd runs were awesome, and apparently the new flat 6th runs are similar. I think there are still some 3rd runs floating around out there in the wild and the DM store has the 6th runs (categorized under 'Flatter Jolly Launcher')

I've not thrown a Fist Run, but the EO Glows are noticeably beefier than the 5th Run. Not WAAYYY beefier, but noticeably.

I also chime that other than 1st run max weight it's hard to see the difference (it's mostly in the late fade portion of flight that there is one i.e really dumpy or forward)

All PD's fly like PD's so don't be discouraged about not being able to find a specific run (though it shouldn't be any trouble) they are all HSS with nice LSS.

It's the best driver I've ever thrown, all plastics and all runs (except for 2nd :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.