• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Discmania is signing people to the promotional team on a regular basis, it would be cool to see them get a small camera and do new disc/plastic reviews. When a new disc comes out (either mold or plastic run) and the instagram testers get their hands on it, it seems to be the same description on each profile and no other content. Supreme Flight/United Disc Golfers does the best job marketing your new molds by filming extensive youtube videos of their throws and discuss the pros/cons on Facebook. I think having your promotional team focusing their effort on the test discs would be huge for your marketing! I would enjoy hearing what Eric, Kyle, Connor, Austin, Steve etc. have to say about each mold. I get the impression that many of the instagram testers take the free discs for granted, just aiming for "likes" and don't fully show the capability of the new molds. I have even heard of them selling the molds ahead of time which is their choice, but doesn't seem to be in the spirit of what Discmania's end goal is. I understand that spreading exposure is half the battle, but think this could be a fun solution!

Just a thought I had from the consumer point of view. Keep up the good work and looking forward to what the end of summer will bring us release wise! :)

Last edited:
If it is any consolation, I would be way down to receive test discs and write up an extensive review! I'm on all the social medias, and have plenty of time after work to do extensive field work and course tests! My bag is down to everything discmania except Zone, FB, and Destro, so I would love to be apart of something here! that is my end goal.

Now slim to none chances it would happen, but it would be wicked cool!

SF just got a new batch of something he said has never been run in swirly s line before, I'm really hoping it's either fd2's or DD's. We find out friday.

First off I just want to say Discmania has taken over my bag. PLine and Cline MD3s for mids, various FDs for straight shots and line shaping, and PDs for FH, distance, and wind. I love what you have done with the factory store with spelling out the specific runs and limited releases. It used to be hard to find "good" PDs but that is a thing of the past, and has made me try more molds. Firebirds and Comets are the only non-Discmania mold I have in the bag, though I am considering PD2 to replace the Forechicken as a sub 400' thrower.

Please make PLine MD3s a regular thing. The mold just works for me and they beat in exactly how I want: delayed fade, then stupid straight. I would kill for PLine MD3s in dayglo.

Thanks for the kind words, we work our hardest to make sure throwers are getting exactly what they're looking for :)

We're working on the second run of the P-LINE MD3. We would like to have it made sometime by the beginning of September but no promises.

Care to let the cat out of the bag on the new run of PDs. Rumors are out there that some of them are out there....

Yes, we just completed the newest run of the PD. We took the ever popular pearly flatter jolly launchers and made them a little more firm. So far we have been very happy with them. I believe we'll have a fresh batch of Avery Jenkins C-LINE PDs made of this new run up on the Discmania Store soon :)

I don't think Ryan has released them yet but I do know that the newest (7th) run is in production.

I'm curious to see how they'll come out. It's like being 8 years old and trying to sleep on christmas eve...

They're pretty nice...

Thanks! Of course i did haha. Made them my main putters the INSTANT I grabbed them out of the box.

Whatever you guys did with these D line mini stamp p1x's is awesome. It's not as soft as normal d line but not as hard as p line. It's literally right in the middle. Never felt a more perfect putter. It has improved my putting by a solid 100%. Any ideas or thoughts on that run specifically or did they just come out stiffer? I need to buy more. Seriously, these are my putting putters for good. Using P p1x for upshots.

We ran this run a little more firm. The first run was made during the fall winter/ so we found it was a little soft during the summer. For the most part they are all the same except these are a little more firm.

Are the stock stamp FD3s 1st runs or are they a different run? It's a great disc, btw. The orange 175s I got are a slightly beat in Firebird in a blend of JL I highly prefer to the super hard Firebirds that are out now.

The entire European Open/First Run/Stock Stamps that are available right now are all from the same run. I have been told there is a handful of them that got the rim shaved off a little bit in production and people have found them to be even more overstable than the ones with the full rim there.

So S line FD3s are a thing?

Yes, Swirl S-LINE FD3s to be exact. There will be a special disc coming soon that we'll use this for.

Yup.

Indeed they are. Had one waiting for me after being out of town this weekend. Looking forward to giving it a toss!

What were your thoughts?! I know we forgot to send you the C-LINE FD3 (it's on the way!) i'm curious to see what you thought of them side by side.

Actually the opposite, the first run cpd2s were really workable while still overstable, the 3rd run and color glows are similar, but the 2nd runs are super beef. The spd2s are mostly all pop top and as overstable or more than the 2nd run cpd2. But the new swirly spd2s are alot flatter but they are still pretty beefy but i imagine will break in a bit faster than the pop tops. I have been throwing spd2s for a few months and they hold their stability really well. I have one in my bag that has been there for 8 months and still wont turn unless i have a big headwind. The sline are less workable so i think thats why you dont see people throwing them as much because you would have to break them in so much when a 3rd run cpd2 would fly broken in already

I think you have something wrong here. There were two runs before the bubbles in the rim run. There was the first run that was super hard and flat that was more overstable than the second run a very mild dome and softer feeling plastic that felt like the 1st run MD2s that was a lot more workable than either the hard run or the micro bubble 3rd run.

I'm no discmania rep so take it with a grain of salt, but I believe there is only one run of c fd3s, so all are from the same run. I believe someone mentioned that the Euro Open ones were hand picked for beefyness, so there is a little more variance in the rest of the stock whereas the EO'S were basically all the same

We haven't found much difference here except the ones that were trimmed back a little bit too far.

Now that Discmania is signing people to the promotional team on a regular basis, it would be cool to see them get a small camera and do new disc/plastic reviews. When a new disc comes out (either mold or plastic run) and the instagram testers get their hands on it, it seems to be the same description on each profile and no other content. Supreme Flight/United Disc Golfers does the best job marketing your new molds by filming extensive youtube videos of their throws and discuss the pros/cons on Facebook. I think having your promotional team focusing their effort on the test discs would be huge for your marketing! I would enjoy hearing what Eric, Kyle, Connor, Austin, Steve etc. have to say about each mold. I get the impression that many of the instagram testers take the free discs for granted, just aiming for "likes" and don't fully show the capability of the new molds. I have even heard of them selling the molds ahead of time which is their choice, but doesn't seem to be in the spirit of what Discmania's end goal is. I understand that spreading exposure is half the battle, but think this could be a fun solution!

Just a thought I had from the consumer point of view. Keep up the good work and looking forward to what the end of summer will bring us release wise! :)

Thanks for the input. We have found that it's very hard to relay exactly what the discs fly like the caption of instagram and twitter as well. We do have a few other ones like DiscGolfEveryday that has started putting lines in the videos to help show even more. We're learning as we go and enjoy that all of the media parters are trying new stuff!

That being said, we should get the new team members more involved :)

If it is any consolation, I would be way down to receive test discs and write up an extensive review! I'm on all the social medias, and have plenty of time after work to do extensive field work and course tests! My bag is down to everything discmania except Zone, FB, and Destro, so I would love to be apart of something here! that is my end goal.

Now slim to none chances it would happen, but it would be wicked cool!

SF just got a new batch of something he said has never been run in swirly s line before, I'm really hoping it's either fd2's or DD's. We find out friday.

Feel free to send us an email at [email protected] with all of your social media stats and maybe we'll consider you :)

I will start the speculation! Perhaps another USDGC release like the CD2 had? or maybe a worlds disc? :)

I would love to see a worlds disc because I want to see it now! Is that already too late? Or do we see those on the day player packs go out? Anyway that is one that could replace probably 2 molds in the bag now.

Pop top, g line DD's please!
Swirly, pop top, s line DD's too!

Swirly DD's... *drool* Would love flat top and pop top in those!

I would love to see a worlds disc because I want to see it now! Is that already too late? Or do we see those on the day player packs go out? Anyway that is one that could replace probably 2 molds in the bag now.

I am guessing whatever it is being produced for, it is already created! Here's hoping it comes sooner than later! :) It will replace my star firebirds (I will still keep my sexton in the bag) for forehand flex shots. This is the release my bag has been waiting for! (well this and s-line FD2's haha)

Just want to say that I LOVE the blends of plastic that you guys are creating for the swirly S-line stuff. Not only does it look great, but it's really grippy and durable. More swirl!

Dare I dream it? Swirl PDs?

Just want to say that I LOVE the blends of plastic that you guys are creating for the swirly S-line stuff. Not only does it look great, but it's really grippy and durable. More swirl!

Dare I dream it? Swirl PDs?

Check out Supreme Flight. They released swirl PD's last Friday :thmbup:

WUT!? Thanks for killing my wallet, jerk ;)

Edit: All the max weights are gone :( Should I assume that they will be on the Discmania online store at some point?

I think that would be a safe bet! Or a Supreme Flight restock in the very near future. I am guessing they let John have first crack at the swirls and will post mini shield stamps this or next week.

Just wanted to shout out to the Discmania store guys again. Their service is awesome. I had a miscommunication about my order yesterday (and it was more my fault than theirs), and they generously made up for it. Super cool folks over there, and they are largely the reason that I throw mostly Discmania.

People occasionally complain about their prices, which are slightly higher than average, but for the service you get plus the in depth description and listing of each run it is well worth it. They will even pick out discs by hand for you if you call them up!

Keep up the good work!

Just wanted to shout out to the Discmania store guys again. Their service is awesome. I had a miscommunication about my order yesterday (and it was more my fault than theirs), and they generously made up for it. Super cool folks over there, and they are largely the reason that I throw mostly Discmania.

People occasionally complain about their prices, which are slightly higher than average, but for the service you get plus the in depth description and listing of each run it is well worth it. They will even pick out discs by hand for you if you call them up!

Keep up the good work!

Yep their store site, and interaction on this forum are the reason I have switched to mainly DM. No reason not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.