• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using the P3 in either D or C plastic? Are they flat, domey, how do they break in? Any comparisons to other overstable fast putters? Thanks!

Anyone using the P3 in either D or C plastic? Are they flat, domey, how do they break in? Any comparisons to other overstable fast putters? Thanks!

Had one in C, a little dome, they have a great fade but mine didn't seem to have the HSS of say an envy or zone, it may have been me but it flipped a few times. It is still a nice more stable than a P2 flight

Is there or has there been any word on another run of P-MD3? The last time I checked the Discmania store only had black ones.

Is there or has there been any word on another run of P-MD3? The last time I checked the Discmania store only had black ones.

They are working on that. I heard there may be a 2nd run with more colors sometime around September is what they're shooting for!

just put in my first order from you guys! great site; you have that run categorization **** down, especially for all of us PD lovers. hope i get a cool stamp color on the european open. :D

Any "Pro Tips" regarding colors for the regular (non-shield stamp) run of D-P1x? I ordered several from the same run - some red and some white. The red discs have a real nice tacky/grippy feel and are a bit softer. The white discs are noticeably slicker and firmer. I've been using the white discs for a few weeks as main putters and have experienced more chain outs than with any other putter.

I guess a follow-up question would be: is the shield stamp run any different in feel or firmness? I may just try the X-line, but haven't historically liked the feel of concave putters.

Any "Pro Tips" regarding colors for the regular (non-shield stamp) run of D-P1x? I ordered several from the same run - some red and some white. The red discs have a real nice tacky/grippy feel and are a bit softer. The white discs are noticeably slicker and firmer. I've been using the white discs for a few weeks as main putters and have experienced more chain outs than with any other putter.

I guess a follow-up question would be: is the shield stamp run any different in feel or firmness? I may just try the X-line, but haven't historically liked the feel of concave putters.

They ran D line at this point a bit firmer since it was the middle of the summer

I have 2 blues that I main putt with, I have had a few WTF chain outs, but I don't think the putter had anything to do with it. Mine feel pretty nice, some times they get super slick (when my hands are dry) so I lick the tip of my fingers and it gives me incredible grip.

Each run is slightly different of D-line putters and I will say certain colors come out softer than others. What you experienced isn't atypical. If you email the store and ask ahead of time they will respond within a couple of hours. I am one that is picky on feeling/color and have received great help from the staff at the store.

Any chance you'll be doing p-line FDs any time?

That is a question I would like to hear the answer to as well. I have just switched over to FD's from eagles and not sure what to throw when it gets really cold this winter.

I still have a ton of DX eagles but would surely give PFD's a shot at the winter fairway slot.

I have one in G Line I don't like much. It is a flat turd. If I can find a domey one I might give it a shot, thanks for the input.

FD's are definitely the mold that made me not hate domey discs.

I love my blizzard DD2 and interested in the g-line version. I can't find any user reviews/comments, does in fly the same? It is the only disc I'm interested in and can't find used (for sale/trade)

I love my blizzard DD2 and interested in the g-line version. I can't find any user reviews/comments, does in fly the same? It is the only disc I'm interested in and can't find used (for sale/trade)

G-DD2's are comparable to champion terns (since their flight numbers are so similar). I bag both.

for me the champion tern (in max weight) has that easy shapable flight (hyzers/sweeping hyzers/hyzerflip to straight/hyzerflip to turnover/S curve) and the G-DD2 (max weight) is similar for me but is more stable/straight and can be even longer (I can get my G-DD2's about 20feet further). I can throw 350-380ft consistently with both on hyzer.

I specifically use the G-DD2 in very tight wooded holes where I want to gamble and go for the pin (longer ones in the 370+ft range where if I hit a tree it won't veer off as far as my champion tern would.

I also have the new simple shield stamp S-DD2 (star plastic) and those S-DD2's are beefy destroyer overstable beefcakes. Like almost champion PD2 level beef! It took months of heavy wooded play (I even lent one out regularly to the big armed open players for them to beat in) and it finally beat in to a old school beefy/glidey/faster star wraith. I almost gave up on the new Shield stamped S-DD2's because they were so damn OS but glad I didn't.

I have one in G Line I don't like much. It is a flat turd. If I can find a domey one I might give it a shot, thanks for the input.

FD's are definitely the mold that made me not hate domey discs.

Get a couple first runs. They have the dome you would expect on an FD. Still quite understable but they will fight out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.