• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Aussie Open is a CD2 I do believe. The other I want to say is a PC DD2. The DD2 is more rare than the Aussie Open disc. If that PC disc is new, I've seen them going for anywhere between $30-$40.

Wanted to say that my c line p2 has been PERFECT. great for flicks and just money off the tee. last night was one disc night at league and I went c line p2 and owned the wind. LOVING it!!

The Aussie Open is a CD2 I do believe. The other I want to say is a PC DD2. The DD2 is more rare than the Aussie Open disc. If that PC disc is new, I've seen them going for anywhere between $30-$40.

Yep, DD2 and CD2. I believe they are new and unthrown. I will let him know and give him a link to this thread. Maybe we'll have a new member to DGCR! Thanks!

Man. I just ordered 2 175g Red S line fD's as they are hybrid plastic. Champy star, can't wait to see how they fly compared to my C lines. 2 more pro P1x for practive putting, maybe one for approach. I think i'm going to use it as my putting putter for good. Another P MD3.

JL C DD, x out S DD, and a C line PD2. First time with these 2 molds, excited to see how they fly. I've put my wraith and Destroyer just past 400 feet after only playing less than a year, do these compare?

I really don't have room for anything in my bag that isn't Discmania haha I've fallen in love. Except for an envy and a firebird of course. I think I'm flat out buying only discmania from here on. For my bag slots anyway

JL C DD, x out S DD, and a C line PD2. First time with these 2 molds, excited to see how they fly. I've put my wraith and Destroyer just past 400 feet after only playing less than a year, do these compare?

Kind of, but not really. The JL C-DD feels similar to a wraith, but flies a bit more overstable than the Wraith. It will hold into some solid headwinds. I don't have much experience with the S-DD(Mainly because I prefer the overstability of the C-Line version).

As for the C-PD2...it depends on which version you ordered. The normal C-PD2pretty overstable and won't flip on you(And if you have a bubbled rim one it will be really overstable). The Flat JL(which does have some bubbles in the rim) will stay straighter longer and then hyzer out. I carry one of each style of C-PD2's as they both serve a purpose.

Cool. So the DD's actually separate themselves from pD's or not really? I wouldn't imagine it is a huge difference. Less beef?

I have JL C, C, S and G pD's haha.

And I just grabbed the lizzote signature pd2 because it said simon gets some profit and I was all about it. I'll see how well I can throw it. I would imagine it's the most OS because it's a lizzote disc :p

Got my PMD3's in the mail. Initial reaction is positive. Nice and beefy so they can break in and cycle well and the glide is just awesome.

Got my PMD3's in the mail. Initial reaction is positive. Nice and beefy so they can break in and cycle well and the glide is just awesome.

Agreed on the glide! One thing I noticed is even with all the glide I didn't have to worry about a hard crash and skip! I need to sell some discs and pick up a few more :clap:

I have been throwing the new p line p1x and p line md3. Over all i like the p-line md3 a lot but the one thing i did not like about them was they were kinda soft. i expected them to be more of a kp2 kind of plastic.

Did you get protos or regular runs? My protos are very kcp-like, and I have 5 regulars on the way. I was hoping for MD3s that would break into understable, as I love the feel of them, but my champs are all laser straight, so these should be perfecto mi amigo!

Did you get protos or regular runs? My protos are very kcp-like, and I have 5 regulars on the way. I was hoping for MD3s that would break into understable, as I love the feel of them, but my champs are all laser straight, so these should be perfecto mi amigo!

There has only been one run, we just used a couple different stamps for variety.

I'm surprised too about the soft comment. I've been in Texas and Louisiana for the past 2 weeks and mine do not feel what I would call soft, they are KC Pro for sure.

I mean it's not the best feeling KCP plastic I've ever felt but it feels better than some of the stuff passing for KCP recently. I think doing these discs in this plastic is pretty much one of the best moves DM has made.

There has only been one run, we just used a couple different stamps for variety.

I'm surprised too about the soft comment. I've been in Texas and Louisiana for the past 2 weeks and mine do not feel what I would call soft, they are KC Pro for sure.

Good to know! I won't be worrying about throwing my protos as much (although I'll still probably save one as a wall hanger -- I absolutely LOVE this disc).

I ordered 2 Red 175G s lind fD's which are in that hybrid champy star plastic. I'm REALLY excited to see how they fly and feel. If they are more stable than normal star and I can rip on them like I do my C line but have the grip of S line, I'm going to buy them all.

Ok trying to figure out what run my pd is. its red stiff and flat. Think it predates the jolly plastic. seems to have a late flip to flat. I know it could be hard to figure out what run just by description but anyone have an idea on maybe what run that is second I'm thinking? I have a bunch of the later runs with the pop top that are nice when I need a little more stability but would like to get a few more premo before this one hits water sometime in its life.

Ok trying to figure out what run my pd is. its red stiff and flat. Think it predates the jolly plastic. seems to have a late flip to flat. I know it could be hard to figure out what run just by description but anyone have an idea on maybe what run that is second I'm thinking? I have a bunch of the later runs with the pop top that are nice when I need a little more stability but would like to get a few more premo before this one hits water sometime in its life.

What plastic? Can you post a pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts