• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is something we'll evaluate when things begin to level out again. The price of any kind of goods, beginning with raw material, is just continuing to rise. We don't expect our prices to rise further any time soon but also can't state if they will be decreased either.

Hopefully we can do better in the future! Many companies choose to say nothing at all so hopefully we're at least headed in the right direction.

Thank you for responding about this topic and being transparent with your company. Just want to see how transparent you rrally are. Answer is very. You're right that other companies don't do this, and wish more did so, but major props to you guys for responding to a difficult question.

Anyone have a Splice or a mutant? Wondering if either are worth picking up for an overatable slot?

Anyone have a Splice or a mutant? Wondering if either are worth picking up for an overatable slot?

A buddy has a Mutant. He throws a Justice a lot and says it pretty much flies like his beefier Justice.

I can't recall if he has a Splice but I just ordered one as I recently lost my favorite speed 9 utility disc and thought I'd give the Splice a shot at filling that role.

I throw a variety of FD3s (CG, Glow, C line)

I've tested a 167gm Splice (I'm old and at altitude).

The thing is bloody overstable. No glide. Dump, get down to the ground.

It is more OS than my FD3s...probably more so than the Glow FD3

I'd say if you have a decent arm speed, face strong winds, and are at a reasonable altitude then a Splice would be handy

I'll likely stick to FD3s unless I'm going to be at something closer to sea level for a tournament

Splice seems to be like the flat Lizotte bar stamp swirly pre doom bird fd3's.

Will the Discmania store be restocked any time soon with FD's? I realize they have some available, but I am not a fan of the color selection and want red. I missed the drop and have a gift certificate to use and the Euro store has red but won't accept it.

I have both, and they are both VERY overstable.

The mutant is basically justice level of overstability but I have a gator and legacy pursuit in the bag that the mutant did not end up replacing.

The splice is noticeably more OS than my sexton firebird and has ended up in my bag as a result. Plus it feels great in the hand for me

Mutant: I picked up one from the release last summer (DGPT Match Play). It is super overstable. I can get most of my Mids to about 300-325' and the mutant goes about 200' for me and is nearly vertical by the time it hits the ground. Odd design, but actually feels nice in the hand for me. Only comes into my bag when winds are up as the Method or RC2 fills this slot for me on a calm day.

Splice: I snagged one from the Kyle Klein victory series last summer. For me it is pretty darn close to a Tilt. I go back and forth between a raptor and a firebird in this slot as I never snagged a FD3. For me it is pretty much useless. I could see it sneak into the bag on only the windiest of days.

Will the Discmania store be restocked any time soon with FD's? I realize they have some available, but I am not a fan of the color selection and want red. I missed the drop and have a gift certificate to use and the Euro store has red but won't accept it.

I wanted red too. The Pink I did get is excellent. I thought it would be too clear, but it is a close 2nd to red.

I wanted red too. The Pink I did get is excellent. I thought it would be too clear, but it is a close 2nd to red.

How does it fly for you? I have a yellow one, but I switched to Discmania after the original FD.

Mutant: I picked up one from the release last summer (DGPT Match Play). It is super overstable. I can get most of my Mids to about 300-325' and the mutant goes about 200' for me and is nearly vertical by the time it hits the ground. Odd design, but actually feels nice in the hand for me. Only comes into my bag when winds are up as the Method or RC2 fills this slot for me on a calm day.

Splice: I snagged one from the Kyle Klein victory series last summer. For me it is pretty darn close to a Tilt. I go back and forth between a raptor and a firebird in this slot as I never snagged a FD3. For me it is pretty much useless. I could see it sneak into the bag on only the windiest of days.

This helps a ton. Doesn't sound like I need one yet. Gotta keep working on that arm speed!

How does it fly for you? I have a yellow one, but I switched to Discmania after the original FD.

I picked up two new FDs, and they fly the same. Flight is a much longer MD3. Straight, very hard (for me) to turn without headwind, and land in pushing, gentle fade. Anny stays on angle until the very end of flight and lands flat. If it's thrown low, it is point and shoot. Little higher and you see some fade. I'm in the 300-325' on the course with some 350' on a football field. I have yet to throw it without gusting wind. Holds up well in strong head wind on hyzer.

Discmania Support Reply

Hopefully within a week or so! We're inventorying a new shipment now and should be done around Friday. So early next week is probably the best bet

@Discmania_Support, are Rainmakers designed to go puddle-topped? Both my Flex 2 and 3 are showing signs after minimal use since BlackBox arrived. I wonder if it's designed that way because my D-Line P2 molded byinnova did the same thing. Not noticing any puddles with the four Proto P2s that see heavy use putting.

@Discmania_Support, are Rainmakers designed to go puddle-topped? Both my Flex 2 and 3 are showing signs after minimal use since BlackBox arrived. I wonder if it's designed that way because my D-Line P2 molded byinnova did the same thing. Not noticing any puddles with the four Proto P2s that see heavy use putting.

I love this question and hope we receive insight into this depth of design nuance.

Well, looks like my new thumber/utility disc should be arriving this evening. I should get to put it through it's paces this weekend and see how it performs for me.

(It's a Splice, by the way.)

Not sure if you saw this yet. Stock Rainmakers are glow! Check out the image. This is from Eagle's newly dropped In-The-Bag.

@Discmania_Support I'm also curious if Flex 3 D-line replaces P-line or if P-line P2s will return?

Attachments

• C895363F-64E6-4C4C-932D-E1E2373CFA0F.jpg
    C895363F-64E6-4C4C-932D-E1E2373CFA0F.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 21
Not sure if you saw this yet. Stock Rainmakers are glow! Check out the image. This is from Eagle's newly dropped In-The-Bag.

@Discmania_Support I'm also curious if Flex 3 D-line replaces P-line or if P-line P2s will return?

Ok that's pretty cool! These proto Rainmakers from 2021 black box do not glow.

Ok that's pretty cool! These proto Rainmakers from 2021 black box do not glow.

I know it's super interesting to have a stock run of glow putters. Obviously Eagle has favored glow plastic for putting through his career. can't can't to compare! Do you put with them currently?

So, I think the Splice is going to be the super overstable disc I've been looking for.

The Splice is on the left. The right is the flattest Firebird I could find with the highest parting line I could find.

Suck it, Innova.

945842983b54f3e6fb42d72e44128e28.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts