• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a Heads up:

FD3 Approved today: https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/fd3-new

P1 Approved Today: https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/p1-new

"Cloudbreaker" Approved today (Not sure of significance) : https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/cloudbreaker

This is in addition to the Paradigm Mold (11 speed Evolution driver) that was approved a few weeks ago. Here's to fingers crossed that DM releases some information on future releases in the next few weeks.

Also, GO SIMON! Here's to hopefully #3 soon!

Do they have to get it approved in every plastic? Perhaps that's the first look at a non-special blend S-line!?

Do they have to get it approved in every plastic? Perhaps that's the first look at a non-special blend S-line!?

No. The mold approval has nothing to with plastic types, that is why this is a bit confusing. My best guess is that this is a little tweak of the DD3 mold in the S-line plastic, but of course there really is no way to tell until we hear from DM on it.

Discmania Support Reply

No. The mold approval has nothing to with plastic types, that is why this is a bit confusing. My best guess is that this is a little tweak of the DD3 mold in the S-line plastic, but of course there really is no way to tell until we hear from DM on it.

Good question! Creator series discs will need to be submitted for approval since they exist separately from a stock version such as DD3 in this case. But a new plastic version in the 2023 version of Cloudbreaker wouldn't need to have another approval process for sure.

Good question! Creator series discs will need to be submitted for approval since they exist separately from a stock version such as DD3 in this case. But a new plastic version in the 2023 version of Cloudbreaker wouldn't need to have another approval process for sure.

Gotcha,

Question: What is the general timeline like after PDGA approval for a mold? Has it already been produced, just in limited quantities, for testing purposes? Does it then fall into the list of molds that are ready for full production? How does that work?

Is this the same for signature series? Every run needs separate approval, hence the numbering system?

Also, are you saying this is a Creator Series tweak on a Cloudbreaker DD3 for the black mystery box!?

Finally! I. Can't. Wait.

Question for the group: how do you feel about pros not bagging/throwing their own Signsture Series discs? In Eagle's ITB, he had the C-line tactic and not the new RC2. Similarly, Simon's main throwing putter is the ooolllld P1X. No judgement, just curious your take on the matter.

Simon's has also started asking for a new signature series disc. In one of his videos, he said he wanted the new md1, which he slaps around all of the time, and Jussie said he needs to win more before getting a 4th signature disc. How about now, Jussi?! How about now.

Finally! I. Can't. Wait.

Question for the group: how do you feel about pros not bagging/throwing their own Signsture Series discs? In Eagle's ITB, he had the C-line tactic and not the new RC2. Similarly, Simon's main throwing putter is the ooolllld P1X. No judgement, just curious your take on the matter.

The C-Line Tactic is supposed to be the same Eagle-requested mold as the RC2, so we can maybe give him a pass on that.
Since the P1X will no longer be produced by DM, I hope Simon has some backups.

It does give me some pause when a pro doesn't bag his own signature disc or even the mold, but such is the nature of disc golf sponsorship…

I still just throw what works for me.

Would LOVE to see a SL signature MD1!!!

Finally! I. Can't. Wait.

Simon's has also started asking for a new signature series disc. In one of his videos, he said he wanted the new md1, which he slaps around all of the time, and Jussie said he needs to win more before getting a 4th signature disc. How about now, Jussi?! How about now.
I think Simon is having fun playing with more stable/understable discs now. P1x/MD1/Origin are his discs for shaping shots to the green. P1 just got approved so maybe he will move to that when the P1x needs replacing. He has been using the Proto C-line P2 a bit for OS approach/drives which is what the new SG4 will be. Doombird/old Lizotte stamped FD3s are still in his bag. I think he very much wants to use the new DM manufactured discs when they become available and he has enough time to practice with them but its probably hard to give up on those long term ITB FD3s/PD. His mid range/approach lineup has always been in flux though.

The C-Line Tactic is supposed to be the same Eagle-requested mold as the RC2, so we can maybe give him a pass on that.
Since the P1X will no longer be produced by DM, I hope Simon has some backups.

It does give me some pause when a pro doesn't bag his own signature disc or even the mold, but such is the nature of disc golf sponsorship…

I still just throw what works for me.

Would LOVE to see a SL signature MD1!!!
Lizotte has had a signature version of most of the OS molds so would love to see a few S/US mold offerings. He can make any disc do fun stuff and entertain.

I just want to say thank you to Discmania for bringing back the P1. Did not think this would happen!

I hear its even better than the original. I wasnt too hyped at first but my friend was able to stoke that fire some.

I'll be interested to watch any preview demos that start showing up! Right now I have a base, soft Sensei that is decently flippy, but nothing like Simon's blue P1. I'd totally buy a couple P1.

Quick question for any of you with P2 as your putter. Do the new P2's in flex 2 have the same slick, hard, no grip feel of the old original Innova P2's? Or have they changed the feel to be more like the Exo Soft/Hard type plastic? Thanks

Quick question for any of you with P2 as your putter. Do the new P2's in flex 2 have the same slick, hard, no grip feel of the old original Innova P2's? Or have they changed the feel to be more like the Exo Soft/Hard type plastic? Thanks

Definietly no way near as grippy, even exo hard is noticeable more tacky.

There is a grit/tack to the new plastic. Some may not notice, but as someone who has used D-P2's for 3+ years straight, its noticeable.

Definietly no way near as grippy, even exo hard is noticeable more tacky.

Oh dang! Ok, that's a no go then for me. Exo soft is my favorite feeling for putting putters. Exo hard is a little too slick, but could deal with it alright. Anything slicker than Exo hard is not for me. Thanks, you just saved me from wasting a bunch of money on a big stack of putters, haha.

Right now I have a base, soft Sensei that is decently flippy, but nothing like Simon's blue P1. I'd totally buy a couple P1.

It's my understanding that Simon bags a blue P1x, not a P1. He putted with P1's for a short time, I think that may have been last season.

They are pretty much indistinguishable in flight in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts