• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

It's official.*

*Or the posts on FB with a pic of the stamp are damned cruel

Last edited:
Sure sounds good to me.
I have been using my pro d more and more, just loving it.
Only drag out the z when I need the extra beef

Just don't see the appeal of an X or Soft X Zone. It's perfect in ESP. Keep a beefy disc beefy. Still can't believe Discraft doesn't have their own version of KC Pro in regular production. Been making discs for a long time now.

Zones become pretty amazing as they season. They hold their HSS for a long, long time and just start flying longer and longer. I prefer mine with some wear. They still work in the short utility role, but they do so much more after a couple years of trees.

The Pro-Ds just get there faster. They also skip completely different than their premium counterparts.

I'm not super excited for this. I feel like they've been mixing a Soft-X blend into Pro-D stock for years. At least now you know what you'll be getting.

Just don't see the appeal of an X or Soft X Zone. It's perfect in ESP. Keep a beefy disc beefy. Still can't believe Discraft doesn't have their own version of KC Pro in regular production. Been making discs for a long time now.

I'm with ya

I own a few different types of zones but i can never take the ESP out of the bag.

Zones become pretty amazing as they season. They hold their HSS for a long, long time and just start flying longer and longer. I prefer mine with some wear. They still work in the short utility role, but they do so much more after a couple years of trees.

The Pro-Ds just get there faster. They also skip completely different than their premium counterparts.

^^^ this,is exactly what I have been seeing with my Pro-D zones.
They are getting to the point now, where they are more useful than for just the utility type shots.
My esp, zflx, and Cryztal zones are great, but I use the seasoned up Pro-D more, because it used for a more commonly needed shot

I've got a Glo Z Zone that's been in the bag since they were released that's been at that point for about a year. I pretty much throw it on anything inside of 250'. Looking forward to another several years before it gets too flippy. It broke my heart to have to retire my Pro-D (the one that started my addiction) so I just sucked it up and put in the time to get a premium blend there.

^^^ this,is exactly what I have been seeing with my Pro-D zones.
They are getting to the point now, where they are more useful than for just the utility type shots.
My esp, zflx, and Cryztal zones are great, but I use the seasoned up Pro-D more, because it used for a more commonly needed shot

This concurs with my theory that if one buys baseline plastic, one should stick to OS discs unless one is a master roller.

You get a great life-cycle out of discs like Zone, of my favorite baseline, Firebird.

I just picked up a LE cryztal FLX zone. Pretty sweet little disc. It may overlap with other discs in my bag, but it feels so nice.