• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

This is exactly what I do. My throwing putters are:

Ti Zone > kinda beat JB Zone > Neutron Soft Envy > kinda beat Electron Envy

I've never had the tacoing problem with Jawbreaker that some others have had though, and it is an awfully large stability gap going from a premium Zone to an Envy. But for someone that only wants to bag 2 throwing putters, a Zone/Envy combo with both in durable plastics is a fantastic and very natural combo. Personally I find myself throwing the JB Zone the most on approaches, and the Neutron Soft Envy the most off the tee.

Zone/Envy combo with both in durable plastics is a fantastic and very natural combo.

That's what I'm bagging along with a JB Roach. Roach gets most shorter approach shots and Envy for longer or off the tee. Zone gets most FH upshots but will flick all of them when needed.

I've found the proton Envy moderately more OS than the stiff neutron that I bag.

Speaking of Zones, I just put a new run Ti in the bag. Flies exactly like a Zone, puddle top, and the new Ti definitely has better grip than the older stuff. I dig it.

nice, I got an older Ledgestone Ti Zone that was super domey. When I did the puddle top routine it got slightly puddle topped and straight. After several years of use now it will hold a soft turn most of the flight if thrown flat.

I've found the proton Envy moderately more OS than the stiff neutron that I bag.

I've got an Eclipse, Neutron, and Neutron Soft Envy. They all fly a little different, but not different enough to warrant bagging multiple. My Neutron actually flies the most OS and has the least glide. The Eclipse has a similar stability but with more glide. My Neutron Soft has just a touch of turn but still fades reliably.

Before I discovered the magic of Jawbreaker Zones, I liked bagging the Neutron the most. But after I started using JBZ's more, I found I preferred my Envy to be a touch more workable so I typically go the Neutron Soft route. Much like there's no such thing as a bad Zone, there are also no bad Envies. :thmbup:

I've never had the tacoing problem with Jawbreaker that some others have had though, and it is an awfully large stability gap going from a premium Zone to an Envy. But for someone that only wants to bag 2 throwing putters, a Zone/Envy combo with both in durable plastics is a fantastic and very natural combo.

Yeah that definitely makes sense to need something between them if you want to really lean on that slot a lot. They feel a similar shape and speed to me, and both are extremely HSS. But an Envy definitely doesn't dump, while just doing hyzers very very well and holding straight if you want it to.

I just add a Zone to a normal throwing putter rotation, but if I wanted things to be that same speed/feel I would pair it with Envy's I think as they are both fantastic molds.

nice, I got an older Ledgestone Ti Zone that was super domey. When I did the puddle top routine it got slightly puddle topped and straight. After several years of use now it will hold a soft turn most of the flight if thrown flat.

I have several of the Ledgestones and all are basically flat. Had them in and out of the bag for a couple years and haven't knocked any stability out of them.

how does the new macbeth first runs fly

Most I've seen are flat (felt two with the slightest puddle). The one I threw wasn't dumpy at all. For reference, it flew like the Ten Years/Ti/Big Z/Swirl ESPs. Dumpy for me would be Colorshift, and the various Ledgestone Cryztal/Cryztal FLX.

Received 4 dayglow McBeth Zones in the mail today. All of them have a micro-dome except one, which has an obscene looking lopsided half-dome. I am underwhelmed. I'll take my favorite one out for field practice today and see how it goes.

Received 4 dayglow McBeth Zones in the mail today. All of them have a micro-dome except one, which has an obscene looking lopsided half-dome. I am underwhelmed. I'll take my favorite one out for field practice today and see how it goes.

That is unfortunate. Both of my PM Zones have slight puddle tops and feel about as great as any good zone. I have a black one and a neon reddish pink.

Perhaps the day glo batch were anomalies? Are people noticing domey results in other colors outside of the day glo-like color?

That is unfortunate. Both of my PM Zones have slight puddle tops and feel about as great as any good zone. I have a black one and a neon reddish pink.

Perhaps the day glo batch were anomalies? Are people noticing domey results in other colors outside of the day glo-like color?

Dark orange one is board flat, where as the lighter orange one has the very microdome to it. Both are max weight and bought from same shipment. One was stickered with weight and other was pen'd for whatever thats worth.

Attachments

• PM_Zones.jpg
    PM_Zones.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 47

I don't like puddle tops, and haven't had any success trying to flatten them out...but it's easy to turn those puddles into slight domes. Just did it to a Colorshift over the weekend using the boiling water method.

I don't like puddle tops, and haven't had any success trying to flatten them out...but it's easy to turn those puddles into slight domes. Just did it to a Colorshift over the weekend using the boiling water method.

Yeah I am the opposite, I love the way the flight plate starts to sink in after a few years of use. I just had some success fixing the weird dome on the worst Zone, and one of the others I'm trying to convert to a slight puddle. I just wish they'd have come that way, it feels dirty manipulating discs like that.

I love my esp puddle top zone. Super stable and that's what I I think we all love about the zone is it's overstability. I throw it on 90% of my upshots even when I don't need something that stable it just brings me joy when I throw it.

Boiling water and multiple cooling techniques aren't working. They will hold for a while, but bounce right back as soon as the temperature changes. Aside from that disappointment, my weirdo Zone flies okay. A hearty fade, and just a hint of instability on torqued shots, exactly what I expected.

This is exactly what I do. My throwing putters are:

Ti Zone > kinda beat JB Zone > Neutron Soft Envy > kinda beat Electron Envy

...But for someone that only wants to bag 2 throwing putters, a Zone/Envy combo with both in durable plastics is a fantastic and very natural combo.

But who only wants to bag 2 throwing putters!?

I LOVE rolling with:
ESP Zone > Neutron Soft Envy > Neutron Envy > Neutron Soft Proxy

Winter golf short tees those 4 discs cover 90% of my tee shots. Have a teebird and a OS utility fairway in the bag too just in case, but putter shots all winter is the way to live.

I can maybe see wanting something between an ESP Zone and a N Soft Envy, but I find that the N Soft Envies have enough fade on them to hit most shots a N Envy is a little too straight for. Zone on the end of the cycle when you really need to throw a brick disguised as a frisbee.

Boiling water and multiple cooling techniques aren't working. They will hold for a while, but bounce right back as soon as the temperature changes. Aside from that disappointment, my weirdo Zone flies okay. A hearty fade, and just a hint of instability on torqued shots, exactly what I expected.

You could use the oven method. It works much better than the boiling water. I just did one a few days ago and it is still perfect

But who only wants to bag 2 throwing putters!?

I LOVE rolling with:
ESP Zone > Neutron Soft Envy > Neutron Envy > Neutron Soft Proxy

Winter golf short tees those 4 discs cover 90% of my tee shots. Have a teebird and a OS utility fairway in the bag too just in case, but putter shots all winter is the way to live.

I can maybe see wanting something between an ESP Zone and a N Soft Envy, but I find that the N Soft Envies have enough fade on them to hit most shots a N Envy is a little too straight for. Zone on the end of the cycle when you really need to throw a brick disguised as a frisbee.

Weird, my N Envy is actually a tick more stable than my N Soft Envy. I've only got one of each (plus an Eclipse Envy and a small stack of Electrons), so maybe one of mine is abnormal. All three of my premium plastic Envies fill basically the same slot in slightly different ways though, so I don't typically bag more than one of them. I kind of wish they were more different so that I had an excuse to bag more Envies!

Weird, my N Envy is actually a tick more stable than my N Soft Envy. I've only got one of each (plus an Eclipse Envy and a small stack of Electrons), so maybe one of mine is abnormal. All three of my premium plastic Envies fill basically the same slot in slightly different ways though, so I don't typically bag more than one of them. I kind of wish they were more different so that I had an excuse to bag more Envies!

That surprises me. I've had about 4 or 5 of each and all of the N Soft Envies fly more OS than my 4 or 5 N Envies. Could be weight parting line height causing the discrepancy.

My N Envies and N Soft Envies are definitely different enough from one another to justify carrying one of each plus a Proxy.