• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

It was sold as "new Swirly ESP" but it might as well have been an old one with a new stamp, IDK.

Edit: "ESP zone new stamp"

Yeah, no idea. I've only seen one of the new ones and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of variance too, like all manufacturers.

Guys, I have a 2018 Color shift Z Zone that is one of my favorite discs and I rely on it heavily. I like it so much that I want to try out the Zone in other plastics too. Does anyone have any input as to which is their favorite plastic for a Zone?

If you've already got a Z Zone, then I'd also pick up a Jawbreaker Zone. Natural pairing, as that Z will stay OS for a long while, but the JB will season in nicely and fairly quickly. I typically pair a Ti and JB Zone.

Guys, I have a 2018 Color shift Z Zone that is one of my favorite discs and I rely on it heavily. I like it so much that I want to try out the Zone in other plastics too. Does anyone have any input as to which is their favorite plastic for a Zone?

Your Colorshift has the slightest puddle top, yeah? Mine did and it was as beefy as any puddled Zone. Only flat zones I've thrown with the same fade were some 2015(?) Ledgestone Cryztal FLX. That said, I prefer a flat Zone, and I used the hot water method to flatten my Colorshift. I think flats have more than enough fade. I've never had a throw that turned or stayed straight too long with a flat top.

Yeah, it has a little bit of a puddle. I love how reliable it is though. I've never messed with JB plastic but I've read that it's not very durable. I was thinking of trying an ESP or Ti. I'm not big on beating in discs...

Yeah, it has a little bit of a puddle. I love how reliable it is though. I've never messed with JB plastic but I've read that it's not very durable. I was thinking of trying an ESP or Ti. I'm not big on beating in discs...

I haven't thrown the color shift Z style you have....don't actually know what that looks like. But I have thrown a few Z and a few ESP and they are in the same realm of shots. I like ESP because I like that feel. Been my go to for a few seasons and still has all the stability I need.

So if you want a different line, then Jawbreaker is a good bet for holding straighter but still being reliable as a thrower. It will definitely wear in but it will be a different shot from your Z. But if you just want to try another with a different feel, I can say ESP are good too.

The new Ti and ESP are nice, I have one of each. Both are slightly puddle and maybe a hair less stable than the older run Ti. Never dabbled in Z Zones since most Zones fly like Zones and I have plenty.

What about the Big Z plastic? Any info on those,

I have one Big Z Zone, unexpectedly beefy. I would put it right up there with my LE Z Glo. I am currently rolling with the Titanium.

I wouldn't bag a Jawbreaker Zone for throwing unless I was playing open grassy courses. If you power them up and catch an early tree they will buckle and chunk.

I have one Big Z Zone, unexpectedly beefy. I would put it right up there with my LE Z Glo. I am currently rolling with the Titanium.

I wouldn't bag a Jawbreaker Zone for throwing unless I was playing open grassy courses. If you power them up and catch an early tree they will buckle and chunk.

I have a Westside Anvil that fly's almost exactly like the LE Zone I had before....never should have traded it away for a slammer :doh:

I have a Westside Anvil that fly's almost exactly like the LE Zone I had before....never should have traded it away for a slammer :doh:

Slammers are gross. And I'm saying that as a guy whose bag is 50% Dynamic Discs (and 80% Trilogy). Trading a Zone for a Slammer is pure apostacy.

Anyone out there gotten a chance to throw the new Ledgstone Sparkle Z Zones? I have one, but the weather has way too much rain on the forecast so I may not get a good chance to throw it for a bit. It isn't a puddle top at all. Pretty much just flat.

Try a Z-FLX. If you don't mind the slight give, Z-FLX is the toughest plastic from any manufacturer.

I might disagree, but I had a Z-FLX Nuke OS (pure beef), and I put a slice into the rim at least 1/3 the width of the rim on a throw. I no longer have the disc, I just remembered what happened to it.

I have close to 30 Zones in a variety of plastics. Since most are really slow to cycle, I change them out just for variety's sake. ESP is my preference. Z FLX is close. Jawbreaker has its place, depending on the course. I would like a regular Z but not a fan of the McBeth stamp.