• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Anyone out there gotten a chance to throw the new Ledgstone Sparkle Z Zones? I have one, but the weather has way too much rain on the forecast so I may not get a good chance to throw it for a bit. It isn't a puddle top at all. Pretty much just flat.

I threw one, magenta with the slightest dome. In comparison with experiences from a wide a variety of zones thrown up to 300', it is an OS zone. It stays in the air, but goes left earlier and harder than most others.
I enjoy the feel and shape. If I'm ever looking for a zone with a bit more overstability than what I consider regular for a zone, this one will be it.

If i wnat something with the feel and flight of the Zone but a hair faster, what should i try?

I´m thinking Mortar, Buzzz OS and Quake. . something else i should try?

If i wnat something with the feel and flight of the Zone but a hair faster, what should i try?

Gila by Reptilian DG. Final and best answer.

Then MVP Resistor for a touch faster than that.

This flat A2 in 400 plastic I got recently is reminding me a lot of the ESP Zone I used to have. I can't believe that Seppo Paju has a beat one that can go 350' on a rope but then again he absolutely crushes.

I might disagree, but I had a Z-FLX Nuke OS (pure beef), and I put a slice into the rim at least 1/3 the width of the rim on a throw. I no longer have the disc, I just remembered what happened to it.

In So Cal we have mostly rock and dirt fairways, and in my experience Z-FLX can take the most abuse. I only have it in blunt discs, but comparing to Z Zones and Z BuzzzOSs, the FLX will stay in the bag after I've already swapped the others out 2 or 3 times.

Dang, I gotta say, I am loving my z-flx zone. I used to have one of those fancy schmancy Elite-Z signature McBeth 4x zones, but I lost that up in a Charlie Brown tree and I replaced it with this z-flx. Wow, just wow. <3

I think the ZONE and BUZZZ are the two that works best in Z-FLX, the drivers gets TO soft and the Challenger is super US.. . the only mould i have not thrown in Z-FLX is the Ringer GT.

But the ZONE is really good in Z-FLX. . after CryZtal it´s the best plastic for a ZONE. . .i have CryZtal for FH and Z-FLX for BH in my bag

I love my jb zone, but I love the z-flx even more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody managed to get their paws on an earhardt signature swirly zone? Would love to hear how stable they are.

Pretty OS, similar to other good ESP runs. They are flat, not puddle top. Not as OS as Z FLX or his tour series Ti from last year.

8jTTOO0.png

Whats the step up in firmness from Z-FLX? I have one but i use it for Fh, so it's abit to soft. It's great in that it doesnt skip much, so if there is something that is firmer yet doesnt skip much - would be gold.

Last edited:
Whats the step up in firmness from Z-FLX? I have one but i use it for Fh, so it's abit to soft. It's great in that it doesnt skip much, so if there is something that is firmer yet doesnt skip much - would be gold.

You are looking for a cryZtal zone. I have a newer run that's clear and puddle topped. Just think a slightly softer Z plastic. But not as floppy as Z-FLX

crystal is what you seek, or a 10 year sparkle zone, those are Z but not too shiny or slick, little give to the flight plate.

crystal is what you seek, or a 10 year sparkle zone, those are Z but not too shiny or slick, little give to the flight plate.

FYI the 10 year zone is not sparkle, more like shimmer if anything, or just a pearly (but not bigZ) Z. Was mistaken.

Just got a Zone in Big Z plastic. The plastic is okay, but not as great as my Ti Zone. The Big Z Zone flew... well, like a Zone. i got it to be a backup for the Ti Zone, and the Big Z Zone is pink, so I'll give it some work during 'Throw Pink' month.