• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official PDGA St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational Thread

We're still a ways to go to our goal of 300k, but definitely making progress.

From the Facebook page:
Fundraising tip of the week
(from Dana Vicich (PDGA #26228), St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Co-Chair)

Set goals!

As most of you know, setting goals can be a major contributor to creating success in disc golf and life. The same can be said for fundraising. I'd like each and every one of you to make a goal for yourself to either pick up the phone and call or text 10 people by this Friday.

If you text, make sure to provide the direct link to your St. Jude fundraising page. Be polite and explain what you're doing and why. Provide specific facts about St. Jude, such as "St. Jude has treated children from all 50 states and around the world." Click on the image below for some more facts for you to read up on and share or you can find information on your dashboard of your St. Jude page.

Share your goal for the week on social media: "As many of you know, I'm competing in the St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational PDGA Tournament (link the Facebook page or www.stjudediscgolf.com) this May. I have a goal of raising $100 by this Friday. I'm looking for only 10 people to donate $10 a piece. At St. Jude, $100 is enough to pay for 2 platelet count tests for a St. Jude patient! End your post with the direct link to your fundraising page."

Fancypants Fundraiser!
Shasta Criss, PDGA #28597 ran a fundraiser at the world famous DeLaveaga disc golf course in Santa Cruz, CA this past weekend. Shasta turned the regular monthly event into a "Fancypants Fundraiser" for St. Jude. All players who wore fancy pants were given a mulligan, a chance at a special CTP and a trophy for the fanciest pants. $5 mulligans were also available for purchase. Shasta and 47 fancy pants disc golfers raised $255- Nice Work!
Photo credit: Don Smith

Attachments

• dela.jpg
    dela.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 42
tumblr_m6idxv05ph1r4gei2o5_400.gif

If you are attending GBO, we'll have a St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational booth setup. Stop over and say hi...there may even be a few surprises ;)

^ Huge surprise...Paul McBeth is WAY better than everyone else at something.

Just Joking, Thanks for the update Dana!!! Such a rad thing you guys are doing.

I donated a few months back. Just threw another $20 bucks at it. If we all do that I think that we can hit the goal, long way to go still but tons of good done by the disc golf community.

I donated a few months back. Just threw another $20 bucks at it. If we all do that I think that we can hit the goal, long way to go still but tons of good done by the disc golf community.

Good stuff, thanks for making a donation! I see that a number of Prodigy players (myself included) are currently offering up a specially stamped Team disc for a $50 donation. So if you reach out to your favorite Prodigy Pro you may be able to snag a cool limited (stamp) disc!

Note- I believe other players are offering the same types of deals if you donate $X amount (Sexton, Wysocki, Mcbeth).

I had a chance to speak with Dana and a few others about the journey behind this event. If you're so inclined, feel free to read it here:

St. Jude tournament brings PDGA to the intersection of charity and opportunity

HUGE thanks to Dana for taking time out of his day to talk to this random disc golf writer, and kudos for all the work he and the committee have done. As of now, the fundraising total is $157,376. :clap:

I had a chance to speak with Dana and a few others about the journey behind this event. If you're so inclined, feel free to read it here:

St. Jude tournament brings PDGA to the intersection of charity and opportunity

HUGE thanks to Dana for taking time out of his day to talk to this random disc golf writer, and kudos for all the work he and the committee have done. As of now, the fundraising total is $157,376. :clap:

Blocked at work because of blog but will read it later. Likely throw some cash down as well! This is pretty freaking awesome.

Wow, Really?

This is a great event, and I wish it all the success in the world, but I just read the following on the PDGA website...

"all competitors will be expected to act professionally at all times and to project a professional image by wearing your Sunday best on all days in terms of clothing and attire."

Really??? Are the players going to be playing in suit and tie???

suit and tie, yeah no. just don't show up looking like ccdg's latest video and you're fine.

This is a great event, and I wish it all the success in the world, but I just read the following on the PDGA website...

"all competitors will be expected to act professionally at all times and to project a professional image by wearing your Sunday best on all days in terms of clothing and attire."

so no kicking baskets over? :(

How horrible that they expect pros to act professional.

Bump for some info?

Who is filming and how long for some coverage? I know Jamie and TheSpinTV should most definitely be there. Anybody else getting to film the event?

Latest posts