• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official peg warmer thread

Academy was well stocked again, not really too low on anything (noticed they were out of Omega Soft Putters); dyed discs don't seem to be selling very well....
noticed they do NOT have any Magellan backpacks available....
almost pulled the trigger on a Viper but decided to wait for a used, orange, cheap one to show up on here sometime, lol (my Drone will have to serve its duty for "super overbeefy" for now)

dyed discs don't seem to be selling very well....
Whether its Academy, Dicks, Scheels, Sports Authority or some other general sporting goods store, these always seem to be the slowest movers. You only have to look at the price tag to know why.

At our local PIAS, tye-dyed disc's are a hot commodity. But they price theirs to sell versus other brick and mortar stores in the area. Usually you can find one for $17.99 where as other stores in the area are charging $21.99. As for peg warmers, it seems like R-Pro doesn't sell a whole lot as well as anything that isn't a warp speed driver. The rec players and single discers buy a lot of Champ Bosses, Grooves, Nukes, Forces, XCal's, etc. And then they lose them at my local 9 holer quite religiously. In the past year, I bet I've found close to 30 near brand spanking new disc's out there with no names on them.

Funny, our local Academy stores NEVER carry the Starfire (that I have ever seen in one year's time).

I keep trying to like the Starfire because ever store that carries Innova has a bunch in stock. Also, almost every person who has a box of used discs in their trunk has as least one. That's a disc that you know you could replace anywhere anytime.
No way, Starfire fo' life! I only started throwing one this past season as recommended by the owner of our local shop, and I immediately fell in love with it. It replaced my stupid OS Firebird and I'm never looking back. I can't wait until it's beat into that sweet spot because I could see it becoming my go-to for many situations. Also dat Star plastic... :thmbup:

Whether its Academy, Dicks, Scheels, Sports Authority or some other general sporting goods store, these always seem to be the slowest movers. You only have to look at the price tag to know why.
I'm gonna go ahead and say it's because tie-dye is hideous. It was never cool, hippies! Tie-dye is one of the ugliest, most banal inventions of all time. Dyeing discs in this fashion makes things worse for all of us. Besides owning a repulsive disc now you have the good fortune of trying to find it in the woods!

I carry DD, Westside, Latitude, MVP, Axiom, Discraft, Legacy, Prodigy. I've been running end of year numbers for my online store and the hands down winner for me is everything Prodigy.

2014 total discs revenue to date: $74,316
Prodigy - $1337
Legacy - $3815
Axiom - $5991
MVP - $8411
Discraft - $8977
Dynamic Discs - $12508
Westside - $14264
Latitude - $19013

Actual molds that sit here forever besides all Prodigy: Halo, Striker, Boatman, Vision, Avenger, Avenger SS, Stalker

I carry DD, Westside, Latitude, MVP, Axiom, Discraft, Legacy, Prodigy. I've been running end of year numbers for my online store and the hands down winner for me is everything Prodigy.

Prodigy - $1337
Legacy - $3815
Axiom - $5991
MVP - $8411
Discraft - $8977
Dynamic Discs - $12508
Westside - $14264
Latitude - $19013

Actual molds that sit here forever besides all Prodigy: Halo, Striker, Boatman, Vision, Avenger, Avenger SS, Stalker
Ummmmm.... why not carry innova? champions aren't your target demographic?

Wow, can't believe Discraft got hosed so bad, man!!! I am sure that has something to do with your customer base, but that is still crazy.
As for tie dye, I am no hippy, but I think it looks pretty cool. I do NOT think it is so cool that I want to pay $5 more per disc for it, though.

Prodigy - $1337
Legacy - $3815
Axiom - $5991
MVP - $8411
Discraft - $8977
Dynamic Discs - $12508
Westside - $14264
Latitude - $19013

First of all, I think that a lot of posters here are not clicking on this thread because of the misleading title. All these months, I thought it was about something that kept you warm for the winter. (Which I couldn't care less about) A different title may have gotten many more responses here.

Second, this is probably the first time I've ever seen a retailer give us any kind of actual sales numbers on DGCR. And you're a MI store, so you definitely should support DC and MVP. (And glad that you are!) But the "Trilogy" numbers are surprising. They seem hot right now.

Btw, didn't mean to knock your title. I know it can be hard to title a thread sometimes. I've struggled with that myself. :eek:

Btw, didn't mean to knock your title. I know it can be hard to title a thread sometimes. I've struggled with that myself. :eek:

No worries, man. I care nothing about thread popularity. Again, "peg warmer" is just an old collector's term for stuff that hangs around in the store, taking up space & keeping you from getting in new merchandise.

To KW's Disc Golf, thanks so much for sharing your sales numbers! That is very informative (and amazingly transparent of you) to share. Yep, Trilogy would appear to have the hot hand right now. Feldberg has a sense for these things, doesn't he? Prodigy appears to be in major need for a product overhaul - maybe ditch the letters & numbers and get with the corny disc-name-program! May I suggest a holiday line - The abominable snow disc, the Jack-o-lanternator, and the Elfin Wonder? (JK) ;) :gross:

Maybe a red light-up disc - the Rudolph?
A green/red tie dye - Hollyberry Swirl?
A botanical line-up (flora since Innova cornered fauna)? Oh yeah, DD has the scented discs. How about a Garbage Pail Kids type variation of gross scents - the Funktastic (smells like feet after 18 holes of swampy summer disc golf). Man, this naming stuff IS harder than it seems.

Ummmmm.... why not carry innova? champions aren't your target demographic?

I can't officially carry Innova because I'm online only right now and they won't let online only stores become official dealers. They told me that my sales don't matter.

Second, this is probably the first time I've ever seen a retailer give us any kind of actual sales numbers on DGCR. And you're a MI store, so you definitely should support DC and MVP. (And glad that you are!) But the "Trilogy" numbers are surprising. They seem hot right now.

I've been selling discs on ebay for 5 years now, and finally this year started my own website to try and get away from ebay fees. I started by buying a box of used discs and then selling them one at a time. I rode the "bulk lot" biz for 3 years and built it into this. Now I rarely carry used stuff. As for the Trilogy sales, it has been absolutely crazy. I place decent sized Trilogy orders every single month and by month's end, I've already turned a profit on that batch. And if you go to the site, you can see that I'm one of the lowest shipped price stores around (shameless plug). I can only imagine what my profits would be if I charged $18 shipped for Lucid/VIP/Z/etc. I'd rather sell large quantities at an awesome price and give perfect service. Those numbers don't factor in the tons of Trilogy bags, apparel, accessories, etc either. I'm just feeling very fortunate that the DG community is as awesome as it is and lets me expand my "hobby" into something bigger. I'm running out of room in my basement lol. Sorry for the long post :doh:

I was recently in our local shop and noticed 4 or 5 Champion Beasts in the bin for $6, looked 7/9-10 so I bought em all, was surprised. The lady at the desk said they've had those discs there for about a year and no one even gave them a 2nd look. At the local Dicks, their DX plastics fly off the shelves around here and it seems their Champion plastics hardly move.

Dick's is overpriced by about two dollars on every disc. dx is $9.99 for crying out loud.

thanks for posting your revenue numbers kw. very interesting.

Dick's is overpriced by about two dollars on every disc. dx is $9.99 for crying out loud.

thanks for posting your revenue numbers kw. very interesting.

Noticed this too
Don't buy from Dick's
They need to hear/feel it from us how overpriced they are! :thmbdown:

Noticed this too
Don't buy from Dick's
They need to hear/feel it from us how overpriced they are! :thmbdown:

Dick's is still cheaper than Sports Authority.. those guys charge $20 for Star, Dicks is $18. Actually looks like Dicks reg. price on Champ plastic is higher than SA ($16 vs $15.)

lolwtf Jedeye, you must pull some serious weight. Dicks has heard your plea - Star Plastic on sale for $13.50 and Champ for $11.99.

since I went Trilogy there arent as many local options so Im mostly ordering from KW or Marshall St for xouts.

on topic : my local Dicks has an awesome collection of Champion Grooves that Ive seen in there since the store opened. Tons of 'em.

I only buy from Dicks if I'm looking for something specific and want it right now instead of getting it shipped, but with Amazon Prime, it's hard to justify buying anything from any place unless it's used or for a rock bottom price.

Latest posts