• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official peg warmer thread

I like Star Starfires, for me they are solid and reliable at fighting headwinds. Actually I only carry it on windy days.

The Pro Starfire is an entirely different story...not overstable at all. Its a different mold. I heard it is the same mold as the Star SL which is needlessly confusing. I'm no marketing expert but that seems like stupid marketing.

Pro Firebirds are the FL mold too. Innova keeps ya guessing, that's for sure.

I see a lot of people saying Starfire. The Starfire is what happens when a company takes too long to release a fundraiser mold to the public. By the time it was released, the wraith was the new hotness. Which is sad because the two discs complement each other if the Starfire is the SFX mold. I equate it to a surge/crush pairing. The Starfire SF mold was CFR only.

I think it would be good if they had individual names for each disc in each type of plastic since they all differ so much when made in different types of plastic, unless they can figure out a way to truly standardize the flight paths. As it is, they cannot even standardize the different runs in the same plastic, lol.

^^^Ooooh, we can have so much fun with this idea. For instance, the Boss:
Dx: Idiot [pointy-headed version only]
Pro: Yesman. Yesma'am also available
Star: Egotist
EchoStar: Marion Barry
Champion: Puppetmaster
Blizzard: Tyrant

Last edited:
^^^Ooooh, we can have so much fun with this idea. For instance, the Boss:
Dx: Idiot [pointy-headed version only]
Pro: Yesman. Yesma'am also available
Star: Egotist
EchoStar: Marion Barry
Champion: Puppetmaster
Blizzard: Tyrant

I love it!
Let's just start calling the Teebird by its alternate names (since it's an easy one to follow):
Deebird (Dx)
Peebird (Pro)
E-bird (Echostar)
Ceebird (Champion)
Starbird (Star)
Starlightbird (Starlite)
Gbird (G star)
Glowbird (Glow)
& let's not forget the Brinsterbird & 11xbird/12xbird (which most folks already call 'em anyway)

I actually just saw a few ITB videos with pros who throw Starfires. Barry Schulz, namely. Maybe Innova will keep making it for that reason.

Innovas ineptness at keeping the name thing easy for CONSUMERS to understand has made me BUY less and less Innova. Oh, and fwiw the Pro Starfire is a great disc. Too bad they didn't make THE SAME DISC in champ or star.

Last edited:
I love it!
Let's just start calling the Teebird by its alternate names (since it's an easy one to follow):
Deebird (Dx)
Peebird (Pro)
E-bird (Echostar)
Ceebird (Champion)
Starbird (Star)
Starlightbird (Starlite)
Gbird (G star)
Glowbird (Glow)
& let's not forget the Brinsterbird & 11xbird/12xbird (which most folks already call 'em anyway)

My 11x champ teebird is already the "PeeBird" ROFL I made a sharpie stamp on it back in 2008

Behold... The PeeBird!
30a88ht.jpg

Bear in mind, I would have never done this had I known in 2008 what I know now...

PICS = Dick's or PIAS (Play It Again Sports) or a mix of the two?

I got auto-corrected, should've been PIAS.

Saw on REI clearance champ starfires and blizard bosses for $11. REI might be the only place more expensive than Dick's.

Well, time for a local Academy update - generally low numbers of discs available (fewest since last winter, Christmas sales must have been good), not as many color or weight options to choose from as usual; one store is completely out of Birdies, the other almost completely out of Soft Omegas, both have around 5 each of Challengers & Dx Aviars, one w 3 Pro Aviars, the other w around 8-10, tons of Star Aviars; Avengers are GONE!, Magellan DG backpacks - NONE
Lots of Driver options, especially if you want premium dyed stuff
Rocs - none, Buzzz's aplenty
If you wanted to go Aviar, Buzzz, & (Valkyrie, Beast, Wraith), around 165-175g, in basic or premium plastic, it would still be still doable from either of these locations, even after the Christmas rush!

I asked the guy that runs our local pro shop about which discs sit on the shelves the longest. His answer was Discraft! Besides the Buzzz, that's really all I throw from them...

^^ haha its SO true though. There are a few discraft discs I like and Bag, beyond that the molds are all so random, no real categories, just...diff diameter, rim width, speeds, glide, like nothing in a set, OTHER than the Buzzz, SS, and OS. Thats one reason I just dont use them and the Z plastic is too stiff and slippery (yes...thats what she said)

But I have a discraft gift certificate to a local store for 150 for winning a tourney....i dont know what to do with it.... :( i wish it was for ALL discs :(

The Pro Starfire is an entirely different story...not overstable at all. Its a different mold. I heard it is the same mold as the Star SL which is needlessly confusing. I'm no marketing expert but that seems like stupid marketing.
Is the Pro Starfire really a different mold? I wanted to get one but now I am not so sure.

I have a discraft gift certificate to a local store for 150 for winning a tourney....i dont know what to do with it.... :( i wish it was for ALL discs :(

That is a conundrum! I have a similar situation with putting league winnings, but fortunately that's all Innova. My recommendation is to pick up discs you can easily trade or sell. If that means getting a stack of a dozen new Buzzzes, then go for it!

Was looking on eBay, just seeing if anyone put up anything fishy re:paul's stolen bag, and I saw these. <don't get too excited, not saying they are his>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Innova-...939?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234c18d41b

Now those could be ACTUAL PEG warmers, lol.

Big restock @ local Academy on Innova Cobras, Leopards, Bosses, Omega supersofties, and Discraft Challys
Biggest reduction - they cleared out all Blizzard plastic except the Boss (only a few Wiggins left)

I just don't get it - they already had a bunch of Champion Mambas, & now they have gotten even more!!!!!
Who even throws this disc?

At the PIASs around here one has a ton of Prodigy they can't move, but is burning through Trillogy and most Innova. They do have some star and champ putters that have hung around a long time though.

The other is a bit overpriced and hasn't moved much in the last 2 months. A ton of Trillogy that is a bit high price wise, but they sold all their Misselins somehow. And a bunch of used discs that are priced way high. No one is paying $20 for a first run Teedevil around here. I don't care how pretty it is.

Also both have a ton of Katana stamped Monarchs which just seem to piss people off.

Latest posts