• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OKTHROWBERFEST 2014 -- FINALS VOTING POLL

Vote for your THREE favorites for Okthrowberfest 2014

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For a while it looked like A Murder of Crows was running away with it, but The Hand That Feeds is making this close. Might come down to the wire. :popcorn:

I feel so incredibly horrible about having to tick off only three - more than in previous competitions.

I have a sneaking suspicion that presentation order might influence the results a little - while not necessarily producing the "wrong" winner. I could tell I started picking them as I was going through them. And Murder of Crows made quite the unforgettable impression to begin with.

What I am trying to say is - to the artists: Don't for one moment think that the number of votes for your entry is reflecting the actual admiration of it. Some of the ones with the fewest votes are among my favourites or as close as it gets without me having a vote to spare for it.

WOW!! Spectacular discs this year. :thmbup:

I agree, it's almost impossible to pick 3. Gonna have to really let some of these soak in before I vote-tober. :p

I feel so incredibly horrible about having to tick off only three - more than in previous competitions.

I have a sneaking suspicion that presentation order might influence the results a little - while not necessarily producing the "wrong" winner. I could tell I started picking them as I was going through them. And Murder of Crows made quite the unforgettable impression to begin with.

What I am trying to say is - to the artists: Don't for one moment think that the number of votes for your entry is reflecting the actual admiration of it. Some of the ones with the fewest votes are among my favourites or as close as it gets without me having a vote to spare for it.

For both rounds, I put the entries into a list sorter on random.org, so there is no choosing who gets put where in the order.

Just a thought for manageing all the entries next year, what about a stencil bracket and a hand cut bracket that feed into the finals?

We've considered this in year's past, but we've also seen year after year and through the dye-a-day threads that a plotter and a hand-cutter can produce the same results, unless you're doing intricate patterns or lettering, of which there isn't ever much of that in this contest.

The Hand That Feeds is the best thing since sliced bread and pockets on jeans.

Nice work people. I wish that I had some artistic skill, I can't even draw stick figures very good!

When is the contest over?

At the top of the poll, it says it will close on Sunday night.

I assume that Bennett will have everything wrapped up and post a new thread on Monday, detailing the winners and prizes.

Got to the Disc Dyeing subforum and both of the semi-final polls are on the first page.

Got to the Disc Dyeing subforum and both of the semi-final polls are on the first page.

Thanks BigSky. Boy some of those are really good too. I wish "Autumn Arrivals" and "Moonshine" had made it through. Those are SWEET!

No problem. There have been some incredible dyes on display here, and we are all grateful for the hard work that eveyone did to give us a great "show." It keeps getting bigger and better every year!

At the top of the poll, it says it will close on Sunday night.

I assume that Bennett will have everything wrapped up and post a new thread on Monday, detailing the winners and prizes.

Are the results going to include the entire field, including those that didn't make the finals? Bennett has been great with communicating info/ updates to the contestants and followers of the thread. I just wasn't sure if it would be in an email or on a thread

Are the results going to include the entire field, including those that didn't make the finals? Bennett has been great with communicating info/ updates to the contestants and followers of the thread. I just wasn't sure if it would be in an email or on a thread

Yes, results will include all participants. I wanted to try to get the payout to touch everyone who entered, as did many of the sponsors, and we will be able to do that.

I will post mentions of the winners on Monday or Sunday night, but will take a few days to organize the payout, as it will take some good time and work to put this MASSIVE payout together!
I ask the entrants to "rank" in order which prizes in the pool they would want the most, and filter through as we go down the list from 1st place. For instance, 1st place gets his first choice of prize, but the payout will go through the rest of the winners and their chioces before 1st place gets his next selection. Hope that makes some sort of sense! This is how we've done the payout in the past. It keeps the winners from getting all the best discs all at once, but in this year's payout, I don't think there is such a thing! SO MUCH DONATED!

One last thing, to all of you --- PLEASE thank our sponsors. That's the best way to thank me and the artists. Send a note, a PM, a post on Facebook, a tweet, an email, or even in person if you get the chance. They have truly made this an incredible contest, and I'm ever so stoked to get NEXT year's Okthrowberfest rolling!

Latest posts