• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old Farts Only 40+ (no kids allowed)

What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?

• Total voters
I wish I had a $ for everyone that I've introduced to the sport that got better than me. Pretty much everyone that I've introduced to the sport lol. The best part is watching them get their first ace when I myself still don't have one.

I wish I had a $ for everyone that I've introduced to the sport that got better than me. Pretty much everyone that I've introduced to the sport lol. The best part is watching them get their first ace when I myself still don't have one.
I only have one ace in all the years I've played. I think it's due to playing for birdies instead of running it for the ace.

At Stoney Hill I sometimes guide first-time visitors, with the explanation that my job here is to make our guests feel good about their game (in comparison).

You could claim to provide the same service, for your recruits.

At Stoney Hill I sometimes guide first-time visitors, with the explanation that my job here is to make our guests feel good about their game (in comparison)..

.... then again some of us first time visitors give him the opportunity to say, "I don't think I've ever seen one thrown there before "[emoji106][emoji41][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went and played the two Duncan lake courses that host my first B tier next week. Tight fairways, briars and lots of elevation changes. Now I know why it's called the Hill Climber Open.

Tired, scratched up and my 60 year old legs are barking at me today. They add 3 temporary holes on each course for the tourney for a total of 42 holes next Saturday, so I have that going for me. Wish I had taken up the sport about 30 years sooner. 🤕

Went and played the two Duncan lake courses that host my first B tier next week. Tight fairways, briars and lots of elevation changes. Now I know why it's called the Hill Climber Open.

Tired, scratched up and my 60 year old legs are barking at me today. They add 3 temporary holes on each course for the tourney for a total of 42 holes next Saturday, so I have that going for me. Wish I had taken up the sport about 30 years sooner. 🤕

those are fun courses! maybe i should see if there are any spots open still. it would be my first opportunity to play MA40

Gotta play as many as you can for that "rookie year."

We call 'em MIT's [masters in training] or apprentice. Dues often being the first round in the post round lawn chair circle. MIT's are often reluctant, hesitating to leave their youth behind, but generally have come fully around by the time they reach "baby grand" status.

That darn Bob Cannon really is the dg version of Snidely Whiplash...:p

Do you happen to know what a Cannon forehand video is going for on the black market these days?

I may have one from hole #18 at the Lair from last year Golden Horseshoe. :D

Not as good as the original but still pretty entertaining.

Do you happen to know what a Cannon forehand video is going for on the black market these days?

I may have one from hole #18 at the Lair from last year Golden Horseshoe. :D

Not as good as the original but still pretty entertaining.

The most value would be Bob paying to have it destroyed...

I don't think I can look at another form video. It's just too much. Too many. I don't have any concept of what I'm doing and I can tell half the advice is bunk or off the mark. I'm def a pre-info-age guy, for better and worse.

At least this season the kids (really the manufacturers) seem to have gotten away from putting their names in large font on their signature discs. It's like dude Ken Climo's signature is not that big on my Teebird and your name takes up 1/3 of the flight plate. And KC definitely would have had done better than a couple top-10 finishes before coming out with own personal logo. My logo would be my initials in the shape of my face scowling after watching some kid in weird pants park a 420' hole sidearm.

Is this our legacy? Is the future of the game in good hands? Lol.....joking of course, but the clip is dang funny and I did not know where to put it. Figured most of us can laugh at this.

Kids?....might hit too close to home. :p

I recognize that species, Brewtus iPhonius Discmaniacius. They can be found on my local course by the dozens every afternoon, but are rarely seen in the early morning hours. They are said to work from home, but this cannot be verified. They are indigenous to the Pacific Northwest, but they are an invacious species which can now be found across the country. They are very good company, but will outdrive you by an embarrassing distance.