• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old Farts Only 40+ (no kids allowed)

What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?

• Total voters
I threw an Aviar when it was a high speed driver (~mid 1980s). Probably still have one in the closet (not original, sadly).

Old Farts club badge - earned! :D

I went crazy and restocked on scorpions.. Almost warm enough to throw a couple.. Been staring at em all winter. Does that count?

I went crazy and restocked on scorpions.. Almost warm enough to throw a couple.. Been staring at em all winter. Does that count?

Sounds good to me, but DavidSauls is the one handing out badges. . ;)

I dislike what I call the "Pandemic Players" who think they know the rules, especially the safety rules, of disc golf. "I don't need to wait for you to finish putting to drive." "I don't need to ask you to play through." "I yelled 'fore' isn't that good enough?" "Well, I didn't hit anyone [so that's OK]."

And I also dislike how even just 5, 6 years ago, if you lost an inked disc you had a 75% of getting it back. Now days, maybe 10% you get your disc back.

Jerks.

Shoot, I use to wear cleats to play disc golf. Used my old Ultimate shoes when I started.

LOL, reading back a bit, my first "bag" was a pair a jeans that me and my mom cut up and turned into a bag. I used that thing for several years before I got a Wall City bag as a prize at a tournament.

BTW, I still have that bag, I should take a picture of it and post it if I remember when I get home.

LOL, reading back a bit, my first "bag" was a pair a jeans that me and my mom cut up and turned into a bag. I used that thing for several years before I got a Wall City bag as a prize at a tournament.

BTW, I still have that bag, I should take a picture of it and post it if I remember when I get home.

My first golf-specific bag was a Wall City Cube.

Remember when we used to play disc golf without any technology? Just two good knees and a desire to get away from it all? Maybe one pencil between us all?

At what age did you start adding extra accessories? For me it was the towel after 5 or 10yrs... What's with bucking the natural progression of the game?

Shopping bag-- cooler ---- backpack ---- real disc golf bag--- pencil ---- towel ---- umbrella ----

Now its

Udisc--- YouTube ----- Sexton Firebird----- giant pro bag ---- rangefinder---- cart --- another $1000 in plastic etc..

Bah humbug

Remember when we used to play disc golf without any technology? Just two good knees and a desire to get away from it all? Maybe one pencil between us all?

At what age did you start adding extra accessories? For me it was the towel after 5 or 10yrs... What's with bucking the natural progression of the game?

Shopping bag-- cooler ---- backpack ---- real disc golf bag--- pencil ---- towel ---- umbrella ----

Now its

Udisc--- YouTube ----- Sexton Firebird----- giant pro bag ---- rangefinder---- cart --- another $1000 in plastic etc..

Bah humbug

On a somewhat similar note- I can distinctly remember telling Dave Henrickson (founder of Revolution Disc Golf Bags) some time in the late 90's that no one would ever pay $100 for a disc golf bag.

On a somewhat similar note- I can distinctly remember telling Dave Henrickson (founder of Revolution Disc Golf Bags) some time in the late 90's that no one would ever pay $100 for a disc golf bag.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
When I first started playing, had you told me that I was going to:

• $pend thousands on plastic.
• Plan vacations around the best courses.
• Write course reviews.
• Play competitively* in leagues and tournaments.
• Follow the professional game.
• Spend this much time on a freaking disc golf website, debating various aspects of the game with other disc golf nuts.

...I'd have told you, "You're full of slang for feces." :eek:

* admittedly, "competitive" might be pushing my play personally, but you get the idea. :eek: ;))

Last edited:

Now its

Bah humbug
I still fall into the trap of judging players by equipment.
I get paired up with a guy that has a $300 bag full of expensive discs, team dry fit polo, $150 shoes & a range finder.
I think, lets win some doubles".
Then he throws his first run Nuke 250'...

I still fall into the trap of judging players by equipment.
I get paired up with a guy that has a $300 bag full of expensive discs, team dry fit polo, $150 shoes & a range finder.
I think, lets win some doubles".
Then he throws his first run Nuke 250'...

Thought you were talking about me,
...but I don't bag a Nuke. :|

Latest posts