• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old Farts Only 40+ (no kids allowed)

What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?

• Total voters
AND you look great for 94, if you don't mind my saying so.

Hey one of the mods f###ed with my stuff haha.

I was going to come here and say that most obviously you don't care about me enough to do the math, I'm ___yrs old you lazy... :)

But someone of higher power changed me to say I started in '88 haha, I signed up as 2005 and I don't think I changed my Sig since then. I feel like I was playing closer to expo '86 but '88 is pretty accurate.

I think I had a wham-o '88 and a green one with a cone in the center, you could spin it on your finger. Look cool, I loved that stupid green disc with the black decals,,, that stuck forever!!

Why is glue and decals so half ass these days?! A decal should be for life! Or at least a decade...

Anyhow, someone up there cares!!! Nice man!

Geez I guess I have played disc for 2/3 of my life so far :D

Last edited:
I'm 55.

Sammy can't drive, but I can...

Proud to be able to hang with (some of) the younger guys, but I also know my limits. As with most of us Olde Tymers, I make up for a lack of pure distance with the craftiness of a seasoned veteran. Ego doesn't play into my game at all - it's all about scoring. And beer. Lots of beer.

I find that it's much like pool, darts, or bowling, where you have a slight uptick in performance up to about beer #3 or so (depending on the ABV, I reckon), but after that...it goes to hell at some point, so get those birdies early, right?

Not gonna let you fossils drag me down complaining about aches, pains and loss of distance!

Won the MA50 final in a masters series yesterday, 2 round B tier. 914 rating for the event and 931 for the last round, my best score ever. Started playing about 6 years ago, turn 61 in a week and still improving.

Take that youngsters!

I was looking for the "irrationally upset" thread but this will do... :D

How about when you stop looking for "grey hairs" and start looking for black ones?

You immediately dismiss the newest fastest driver as:
"Something I definitely don't need to try"

When you hand a kid a disc and say:
"When were you born? Yeah this plastic is older than you"

How about when you have to Google internet slang... personally I had to look up TLDR haha. If I had a radio station that would be my call letters.

How about when you "slap it around" a little in the morning to make sure it still works? Just enough to pee past your slippers....

When you wake up... like my daddy sez...
"If it don't hurt, it don't work"

When you take a spill and people are worried, while on the ground you automatically raise left and right hands/arms and legs to check for a stroke.
.... Nope just clumsy! No need to worry!

How about when "six beer is plenty" ?

I've missed more from my wife's back surgery, than I ever have from my own injuries. She finally had the procedure done last week. I'll probably be back to every weekend in about 10 or 11 weeks. Now... I have to be a nurse when I'm not having to work.

When I started playing at ~50, I played multiple rounds in a day.
At 64, I'm playing one round every other day.

But I'm better now than I ever was in my 50's.
Form beats power…

Well, I used to think that until last week, a 20-something throws a nose-up sky-high flick and out-drove me (a good drive for me) by 50 feet.

Why? Because I posted it? lol

Get back with me on that when you have bulging discs and arthritis.

You have nothing to do with my post, outside of advocating for Vicodin. Promotion of opioids, as long term treatment for aging, is irresponsible and dangerous. If you are pleased with their short term analgesic effects, good on you.

I have both, the former in part from lifting, moving and helping far too many opioid dependent patients.

https://www.cdc.gov/opioids/basics/index.html