• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oldest player to reach 1000 rated for first time

joshmo65

Eagle Member
Asking for a friend...

There are a lot of older players who are over 1000 rated, but they have been over 1000 for quite some time. Does anyone know who was the oldest person to reach 1000 rated for the first time?

Damned impressive.
That link didn't work for me, but I was able to find this on you tube.

Check out about the 1:46 mark (#13): I love how the young guys go for the big spike hyzer to get over/around the tree. Dude throws a damned near perfect skip shot, ends up closer than all of them for the easy bird.
Brains > brawn.

Check out about the 1:46 mark (#13): I love how the young guys go for the big spike hyzer to get over/around the tree. Dude throws a damned near perfect skip shot, ends up closer than all of them for the easy bird.
Brains > brawn.

I don't know if throwing the lower risk shot is brawn, but I sure do love watching old man form! I can watch that guy throw all day.

I don't know if throwing the lower risk shot is brawn, but I sure do love watching old man form! I can watch that guy throw all day.
I get the impression that for him, that skip is the lower risk shot.

I dig that little hop in his run-up, and the way his throws just seem so effortless.

Damned impressive.
Brains > brawn.

I am thinking that the low skip might have been the best play. That is a giant tree to navigate.

I am thinking that the low skip might have been the best play. That is a giant tree to navigate.

Throwing a low ceiling skip shot past a tree that looks to be almost as wide as it is tall (kidding, but seriously look at all those trunks) is definitely a lower percentage shot for me than just chucking a spike hyzer over the tree. You may not be parked, but you'll have a clear look at the basket. If your skip shot isn't perfect you're going to get denied by the tree and then forced to scramble just to get up and down for the par.

I get the impression that for him, that skip is the lower risk shot.

I dig that little hop in his run-up, and the way his throws just seem so effortless.

For him, yes. For the rest, probably not :)

And yes, the old man hop is the best part. I need to start working on it so I'm ready for the day when my hips/knees stop working.

I've played with Kazuo at Pro Worlds. Solid player grinds it out with few mistakes where he has to scramble. He hasn't yet been able to win in his MP60 division here against the likes of Greenwell, Sias and Beers despite sometimes being the highest rated player.

A few of those holes in the clip, it looked like a tree or bush must have been a nebulous mando where we couldn't identify what comprised making or missing the mando.

Latest posts