• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

What do the old 1.1s go for $?
Depends.

QOFs are worth more, usually, than SOFs.

Dayglo and Orange QOFsa re worth more, typically, than whites. Nice dyed ones can be more than even dayglo. Bar Stamps are worth more than stock stamps. QOFs are $30-50 ($50 being dayglo or orange barstamps) in new condition. $20-35 thrown.

For the SOFs, Barstamps worth more than WORLDS BIGGEST 2006 stamps worth more than stock. Dyed worth more than white worth more than yellow/orange. Barstamps are $35ish new, throwers around $20-25ish.

USDGC they had some for in person purchase only.

DGPT shop got an exclusive drop yesterday and almost all of them are sold out except 168g Rasta stamped. According to the Millennium Collectors FB page post this would be the only way to get them for a bit and they are mostly sold out already :confused:. Millennium - Galactically Parked - Lunar Orion LF

I picked up a pair of the DGPT ones in the low 170s to try out. By all accounts they are flat and stable so I'm hoping they are similar to my 1.6 Q OLF in flight.

Got some comparisons & throws in last night with the Lunar Q OLF 1.1 - 171g. Very flat profile over the entire flight plate (doesn't show any evidence of flat top processing though).
  • PLH higher than the flat 172g 1.6 Q OLF I usually throw and was a step up in stability
  • Domey 1.6 Q OLFs are similar stability, just different profile and grip
  • Better glide than any of my Dracos/Firebirds and more torque resistant than some of the flat Star/Helio ones
  • In the C-line PD ballpark for flight numbers (9-10/4+/0/3-) and the flat/firm profile isn't too dissimilar to the glow Dark Maul II PD
I think it'll break in a bit but remain pretty OS. The fade is late in the flight and didn't show any turn in a slight head/cross wind ~10mph. The glow is pretty on par with most Innova glow Champion plastic, better than the color glow Champion.

Today the new DGPT orions arrived. Nice and flat! No center dimple.

Excited

Thank you Millennium

I've got two of the Lunar OLF's, and maybe the one I bag is an anomaly? It's 168 and I definitely get it to flip up quite a bit. I did lightly sand off the flashing on the bottom rim. Every other discussion I've seen about them say's they're beefcakes and that hasn't been my experience. They're definitely stable, but I had to put a helio draco back itb for those shots that need more fade.

I've got two of the Lunar OLF's, and maybe the one I bag is an anomaly? It's 168 and I definitely get it to flip up quite a bit. I did lightly sand off the flashing on the bottom rim. Every other discussion I've seen about them say's they're beefcakes and that hasn't been my experience. They're definitely stable, but I had to put a helio draco back itb for those shots that need more fade.
Yup. Very overstable finish late in the flight, but enough inherent turn in the mold that it will flip up a bit thrown hard RHBH, flip up a bit more in a headwind, and can even get away from you if you get over the top on it. Great discs, but not what I want to throw full blast into a headwind.

What flight numbers would you give your 168g one? I'm wondering if there are differences in how they molded up at the lightest available weights below 170 vs. the 170-175.

Sanding the bottom rim likely accelerated the 'beat in' progress a bit compared to just throwing it as an off the shelf the disc and letting that happen naturally.

Would be nice to know your release velocity/max distance/typical distance with 9-10 speeds as well to see if that indicates a power threshold for getting some turn. Do you always throw ~168g as well?
Yup. Very overstable finish late in the flight, but enough inherent turn in the mold that it will flip up a bit thrown hard RHBH, flip up a bit more in a headwind, and can even get away from you if you get over the top on it. Great discs, but not what I want to throw full blast into a headwind.
Same questions as above wrt. typical release speed and weight of your QLOLF. Would you rate it more stable than the 9/5/-1/2 flight numbers suggest? The most recent Standard/Sirius/Quantum stock runs have been less overstable w/ more high speed turn off the shelf than in the past. I'm curious if a slight tweak to the mold (or new mold piece replacements) was made to make a bigger gap between Orion LF and Draco and the old mold was used for this Lunar run.

I've gotten a few more rounds in with the 171g QLOLF and it is still holding up as stable (9/5/0/2+) with solid distance into headwinds (375'+). I have to give it a bit of anhyzer to see turn with some headwind assistance (>10mph) so I'd say if you are 70mph+ release velocity you'll see some turn. Otherwise it fights to flat and starts fading in a predictable & usable flight which is what I want in a control driver. My comparison tests with a somewhat fresh Dark Maul II PD (flat/puddle topped 171g) I noticed more glide with the QLOLF. Still seeing more fade than the 1.6 QOLF so it will slot above that for now.

I was also able to find a new 175g flat light blue 1.5 SOLF with a tournament stamp while travelling to OK and it flies just like my 170-171g from the same run did when new.

My 9 speed lineup has been this for a couple years now:
175g 1.4 Q Draco > 171g 1.6 QOLF > 171g 1.5 SOLF > 175g Champ Roadrunner > 175g Star Roadrunner

I'm planning for the new 171g QLOLF and 175g SOLF to slot in around either side of the 1.6 QOLF. Late Fall to Spring bring windier Midwest conditions here and I typically reduce my usage of distance drivers (shorter layouts generally) for BH so a bigger lineup of control drivers helps.

I have a few olf now and I see 175g sirius 1.7 was less stable than I thought, finished straight on flat new full power. It was an awesome disc and I left it in the fairway. 170 and 171 g sirius are much less stable than that, noticeably more curve downward in the nose shape. The 168 and 175 quantum I have are more stable than the numbers like frequently reported.

Also the q OLS I have is much more stable than the s OLF. So this is what I decided. Throw SOLS and QOLF. This is in-between star sidewinder and champ firebird for my 9 speeds. I am very excited about getting this lineup settled.

What flight numbers would you give your 168g one? I'm wondering if there are differences in how they molded up at the lightest available weights below 170 vs. the 170-175.

Sanding the bottom rim likely accelerated the 'beat in' progress a bit compared to just throwing it as an off the shelf the disc and letting that happen naturally.

Would be nice to know your release velocity/max distance/typical distance with 9-10 speeds as well to see if that indicates a power threshold for getting some turn. Do you always throw ~168g as well?

Same questions as above wrt. typical release speed and weight of your QLOLF. Would you rate it more stable than the 9/5/-1/2 flight numbers suggest? The most recent Standard/Sirius/Quantum stock runs have been less overstable w/ more high speed turn off the shelf than in the past. I'm curious if a slight tweak to the mold (or new mold piece replacements) was made to make a bigger gap between Orion LF and Draco and the old mold was used for this Lunar run.

I've gotten a few more rounds in with the 171g QLOLF and it is still holding up as stable (9/5/0/2+) with solid distance into headwinds (375'+). I have to give it a bit of anhyzer to see turn with some headwind assistance (>10mph) so I'd say if you are 70mph+ release velocity you'll see some turn. Otherwise it fights to flat and starts fading in a predictable & usable flight which is what I want in a control driver. My comparison tests with a somewhat fresh Dark Maul II PD (flat/puddle topped 171g) I noticed more glide with the QLOLF. Still seeing more fade than the 1.6 QOLF so it will slot above that for now.

I was also able to find a new 175g flat light blue 1.5 SOLF with a tournament stamp while travelling to OK and it flies just like my 170-171g from the same run did when new.

My 9 speed lineup has been this for a couple years now:
175g 1.4 Q Draco > 171g 1.6 QOLF > 171g 1.5 SOLF > 175g Champ Roadrunner > 175g Star Roadrunner

I'm planning for the new 171g QLOLF and 175g SOLF to slot in around either side of the 1.6 QOLF. Late Fall to Spring bring windier Midwest conditions here and I typically reduce my usage of distance drivers (shorter layouts generally) for BH so a bigger lineup of control drivers helps.
It might just be a lightweight thing because I don't get them out to 375' like you. I'm more in the 300-320 range with my OLF's and my weight range is normally 167-170g. -1 for turn feels too much but 0 feels too little. It definitely flipped up a little. They honestly fly similar to my 1.4 SOLF's. The 1.4 QOLF's are the most stable I've thrown and they aren't close to that.

Last edited:
Innova made drivers used to be too darn OS out of the box, and get to perfect after a long time and hold there. The market has shifted to new players and out of box flight has become on demand. I'm positive they use less dense polymer blends now, the star and champ feel softer in new runs as well. Overall I like the feel of the new plastic and appreciate the old stuff too. To be honest I've thrown a lot better recently and I'd say the new max weight qolf is accurate to 9/5/-1/2. The max weight S line dynasty I lost was way flippier and the max weight sols I left on a fairway was at 9/5.5/-1/1

Innova made drivers used to be too darn OS out of the box, and get to perfect after a long time and hold there. The market has shifted to new players and out of box flight has become on demand. I'm positive they use less dense polymer blends now, the star and champ feel softer in new runs as well. Overall I like the feel of the new plastic and appreciate the old stuff too. To be honest I've thrown a lot better recently and I'd say the new max weight qolf is accurate to 9/5/-1/2. The max weight S line dynasty I lost was way flippier and the max weight sols I left on a fairway was at 9/5.5/-1/1
Don't tell me that...I've always wanted a manufacturer that has flight numbers that are correct or of the box, and honestly the closest I've ever found has been Discraft, and even then it's usually only on the slow and flippy stuff, though the Force is an exception.

Don't tell me that...I've always wanted a manufacturer that has flight numbers that are correct or of the box, and honestly the closest I've ever found has been Discraft, and even then it's usually only on the slow and flippy stuff, though the Force is an exception.
Flight numbers are only a guide, that was invented by innova, just like the golf disc. You can't do better than that

Flight numbers are only a guide, that was invented by innova, just like the golf disc. You can't do better than that
While I get that, it would be nice to have a disc that actually flies like what is printed on it and what I go by when looking for a disc. The amount of discs that I've read up on and bought based upon the numbers and the reviews, only to be disappointed when I threw them is at least half of he molds I've tried. I get it that nothing with this kind of stuff will be perfect but at least getting it somewhat close would be nice.

While I get that, it would be nice to have a disc that actually flies like what is printed on it and what I go by when looking for a disc. The amount of discs that I've read up on and bought based upon the numbers and the reviews, only to be disappointed when I threw them is at least half of he molds I've tried. I get it that nothing with this kind of stuff will be perfect but at least getting it somewhat close would be nice.
It's the archer not the arrow :) usually the numbers are dead on for a certain plastic blend and sometimes they put different numbers for different plastics. Im of the opinion certain molds are meant for certain plastic types, see destroyer in star. OLF in quantum

Latest posts