• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

I throw a 1.7 SOLF and can confirm they're on the straighter side. Same on the 1.7 QOLF for that matter.

For my arm speed — 330ish for the OLFs — I really like them. However, I'm carrying something a little more stable for windier days: right now beefy Volt.

I'd love to have a slightly more stable OLF, though, if anyone has suggestions.

Nice! How much turn is it showing for you? I throw them (my QOLF) a bit further, around 120m (~390ft) and I hope to get some more turn out of this one. My hope is that it will be a hyzer flip tunnel shot disc with some integrity in the end, my MOLF can sometimes get away from me when it turns too much.

On a flat shot, I'm getting a nice little ride to the right but nothing dramatic. Then, it has a nice soft pushy fade.

I've searched a bit and haven't found a list comparing different runs. Is there a such a thing in this thread or elsewhere? As a recent OLF covert I'm curious. I have a 1.4 (more stable) and several 1.7(less stable) but I think I need more. ;)

I've searched a bit and haven't found a list comparing different runs. Is there a such a thing in this thread or elsewhere? As a recent OLF covert I'm curious. I have a 1.4 (more stable) and several 1.7(less stable) but I think I need more. ;)

That would be a really great resource! As a new OLF thrower myself that would've made it easier to navigate what to buy. Although in my case I didn't have much choice since I only could get my hands on one run here in Sweden (at least without ordering from abroad).

I got a chance to throw my new 1.7 SOLF's yesterday on a local course where they clear the snow from the tee's. It's also turf tee's which makes the footing actually decent in the winter. However, I still had big clumsy shoes and a lot of clothes and obviously could'nt throw like it was summer.

The three throws I did was promising though. It definitely had some turn but also showed fade, definitely more fade than my MOLF's and more turn than my QOLF's. Looking forward to testing them more in a couple of months, it does look like it might be what I am after :)

That would be a really great resource! As a new OLF thrower myself that would've made it easier to navigate what to buy. Although in my case I didn't have much choice since I only could get my hands on one run here in Sweden (at least without ordering from abroad).

I got a chance to throw my new 1.7 SOLF's yesterday on a local course where they clear the snow from the tee's. It's also turf tee's which makes the footing actually decent in the winter. However, I still had big clumsy shoes and a lot of clothes and obviously could'nt throw like it was summer.

The three throws I did was promising though. It definitely had some turn but also showed fade, definitely more fade than my MOLF's and more turn than my QOLF's. Looking forward to testing them more in a couple of months, it does look like it might be what I am after :)

Okay here's my attempt at my list of OLF stability. I haven't thrown every run, but a good amount of them. These rankings are definitely debatable, but just my personal experience. All of these have been in the 167-172 gram weight range.

From least to most overstable.

1.7 QOLF -> 1.5 SOLF -> 1.1 SOLF -> 1.2 SOLF -> 1.3 MOLF -> 1.4 SOLF -> 1.4 QOLF

The 167g 1.7 QOLF was the flippiest OLF I've ever thrown. The 1.5, 1.1, & 1.2 were all somewhat similar in stability. I wouldn't throw these into a moderate headwind. Then a decent jump up in stability to the 1.3 MOLF & 1.4 SOLF, no turn with good fade. These are the OLF's I'd throw into a headwind that I wanted good distance and a mellow fade. My 1.4 QOLF was really overstable. Almost unusable for the slot I wanted. Probably what a champion thunderbird is like. I now bag Helio Draco for the overstable bookend to my OLF's. The helio draco's have great glide with a heavy finish. I can get the helio draco further than the 1.4 QOLF.

Okay here's my attempt at my list of OLF stability. I haven't thrown every run, but a good amount of them. These rankings are definitely debatable, but just my personal experience. All of these have been in the 167-172 gram weight range.

1.7 QOLF -> 1.5 SOLF -> 1.1 SOLF -> 1.2 SOLF -> 1.3 MOLF -> 1.4 SOLF -> 1.4 QOLF

The 167g 1.7 QOLF was the flippiest OLF I've ever thrown. The 1.5, 1.1, & 1.2 were all somewhat similar in stability. I wouldn't throw these into a moderate headwind. Then a decent jump up in stability to the 1.3 MOLF & 1.4 SOLF, no turn with good fade. These are the OLF's I'd throw into a headwind that I wanted good distance and a mellow fade. My 1.4 QOLF was really overstable. Almost unusable for the slot I wanted. Probably what a champion thunderbird is like. I now bag Helio Draco for the overstable bookend to my OLF's. The helio draco's have great glide with a heavy finish. I can get the helio draco further than the 1.4 QOLF.

Thanks so much Frodo. We Millennium throwers have to stick together. So far I'm not getting any turn out of my 1.7 stash. More like laser straight with a nice little fade out to 390 on my best throws. Maybe as they season a bit and/or I get better I'll get some turn.

Innova describes the Thunderbird as a longer Teebird but I think the OLF is truly the longer Teebird. Thunderbirds are more like glidier Firebirds.

Innova describes the Thunderbird as a longer Teebird but I think the OLF is truly the longer Teebird. Thunderbirds are more like glidier Firebirds.

I would agree with this as well. I've thrown a lot of Thunderbirds (only champion) and 9/10 have been very overstable. Much more like an Eagle which I find more overstable than a Teebird. I really think it's more like this:

Thunderbird = longer Eagle
OLF = longer Teebird

I get the comparison with the flight numbers and the turn on OLF and Eagle but I think the overall stability is much more important.

any idea how the Q 1.6 stacks up on thus list? thanks

I throw 1.5 SOLFs and 1.3 MOLFs and my experience concurs with Frodo's. These are a super good pairing for me.

1.7 SOLF is current run I believe. They're flat and very similar to 1.5s.

1.5 is current MOLF - has anyone tried these? I'll pick one up and try it next time I order. I'm hoping they're similar to 1.3s. I'd love to be able to restock my current pairing off the shelf.

New Lunar (Glow) Quantum run incoming! This initial DGV offering is a precursor to some special non-stock stamp ones being put on the Millennium Pro Shop eventually. I plan to get one at that point.

Profile looks very flat, haven't seen any test throws on the Collectors FB page from those that have received the earliest shipments yet. Maybe after this weekend someone will indicate their stability.

Glow LFs. GOLFs. Call them what you want, they are finally here and they are HOGS. Wing is higher than most all of my Firebirds. And they're board flat.

hi, I joined this site just to talk orion LF's! I have a small hoard of 1.1 QOLF. After all these years I am looking for a new similar run--FLAT TOP. The old zipper tops are so flat any new one I try is domed. I did get a 2022 masters edition and that one is almost there.... Does anyone have some info for me? What run can I get?

Hi

same parts as my old Orion?
No. Thunderbird is the Firebird wing with its own Thunderbird top. OLF is the Firebird wing with a Wraith top.

The 1.5 SOLFs are the closest in feel to the 1.1s, although the 1.1s aren't as overstable. The new run Glow plastic OLFs are the flattest and beefiest ever made. THey only released a few on DGV i the last few weeks, but more are coming on the MIllennium site, in short order.

Thunderbird definitely the FB wing - this board has mixed opinions on whether they're actually the same, or have been in the past. I dont think we've ever got confirmation on this one from Dave Dunipace or John Houck. I would say that if the Thunderbird isnt identical to one of the iterations of OLF, its a pretty minor mold part change.

Thunderbirds are bit more stable than current (stock) run OLFs.

edit : the color glow sounds like what you want. the '22 Koling swirl Thunderbirds are also super flat and stable.

hi, I joined this site just to talk orion LF's! I have a small hoard of 1.1 QOLF. After all these years I am looking for a new similar run--FLAT TOP. The old zipper tops are so flat any new one I try is domed. I did get a 2022 masters edition and that one is almost there.... Does anyone have some info for me? What run can I get?
See my comment below, looks like the new run of Lunar QOLF are also pretty flat. Keep an eye out for a future release here: Millennium Pro Shop
There was also a run of Swirly SOLF that came out around when 1.5-1.6 stock SOLFs did and are also flat. I believe they are debossed with ORION LF 1.5 and penned SOLF. The newer run of Swirly SOLFs are debossed SWSOLF 1.6 and have the same dome as newest runs (1.7 Q/SOLF).
1.6 QOLF and 1.5/1.6 SOLF were all flatter than average. The one video I saw had the 1.7 QOLF/SOLF runs as slightly more domed than those (maybe like the 1.4 runs). Past runs have had slightly different domes depending on color.

The new QOLS run had much higher dome.

No. Thunderbird is the Firebird wing with its own Thunderbird top. OLF is the Firebird wing with a Wraith top.

The 1.5 SOLFs are the closest in feel to the 1.1s, although the 1.1s aren't as overstable. The new run Glow plastic OLFs are the flattest and beefiest ever made. THey only released a few on DGV i the last few weeks, but more are coming on the MIllennium site, in short order.

The Glow OLF's are awesome. I can have my entire fairway lineup now as OLF's and one roadrunner. I've found I'm not reaching for my draco as much with the GOLF. My game doesn't need crazy overstable discs. I took out my 1.1 Glow Draco out of the bag this season and have rarely been in a situation where I need that much overstability.

Latest posts