• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Omega: The Alpha and the

F.Luke

Double Eagle Member
Best putter in the world. I believe it deserves its own thread.

I've been throwing them since the late 90's and today it is still my favorite.
Not just favorite putter, favorite golf disc, period!(exclamation point.)

Share your love, your stories, your questions.

I picked up a couple DTs and love tossing them. Its the small bead avian from the 90s that I missed a lot.

The newer molds are ALMOST the same. Sirius 1.1s were the last of the 2 ring san marino tooling I have seen. Todays runs are single ring, innova.com tooled. Regardless, they still fly beautifully.

great mold! dont use them anymore but i used the lightning stamps for a few seasons years back.. love the small bead aviar mold!

Supersofts or AP's? I have a 1.14 ss on the porch right now! It shows signs of having been around.

These days I just throw the sirius and q megas.

I get myself a fresh Omega SS every year. I like the grippy, stiffer, "rubberier" blends a more than the gritty floppy blends.

I still putt with my 1.3 Prototype. It was actually the third Omega I bought, wanting a couple extra for practice. The first is in a pond and the second cracked during a winter round when I hit metal on a long approach. So this disc has been in use over two decades.

What I really want is the 2001 CE omegas. I have 2 new and 2 beat and at least 4 lost somewhere in the world. The 1.2 sirius are domed but fly well. Really good hss and fade. The 1.3 quantums are a much flatter profile. REALLY NICE! The closest I've come to the 2001's. I stocked up (got 6) yet I feel like I don't have nearly enough. I also have 5 sirius1.2 so, you see, my affliction runs deep.:eek:

Any of you "best putter for whatever" people should look no further than the omega.

Yeah, I necrobumped my own thread.

I'm a fan. I putt with Aviars but I always carry an Omega for long jump putts. Small bead in the summer and big bead in the winter. I will jump putt from pretty far out and the Omega is perfect. It's just a tad more stable than an Aviar so it holds a very true line plus I can really grip the softer plastic and fire away. I like having the extra option of the big bead in winter. It putts well in the wind and cold when the Avair gets blown around.

My current favorite are the newer Brinster runs. They have a little firmer flight plate. If Millennium would just come out with a DX type plastic I would probably make the switch.

Last edited:
I'm a fan. I putt with Aviars but I always carry an Omega for long jump putts. Small bead in the summer and big bead in the winter. I will jump putt from pretty far out and the Omega is perfect. It's just a tad more stable than an Aviar so it holds a very true line plus I can really grip the softer plastic and fire away. I like having the extra option of the big bead in winter. It putts well in the wind and cold when the Avair gets blown around.

My current favorite are the newer Brinster runs. They have a little firmer flight plate. If Millennium would just come out with a DX type plastic I would probably make the switch.

Check out the DT plastic.

I guess I'm thankful that most people ignore the omega. That just means they can all be mine.

If someone could learn me how to post pictures here I would show off my collection.

Thanks in advance,
-technologically inept disc golfer.

I am now fully stocked on Qmega 1.3s. I should try some DeltaT's for quicker flipping throwing putters but the sirius 1.2 work well paired with a beat CE 2001.

PS: I'm disappointed someone started a new omega thread when this is the alpha(no relation to mint discs) Trademark.

I am now fully stocked on Qmega 1.3s. I should try some DeltaT's for quicker flipping throwing putters but the sirius 1.2 work well paired with a beat CE 2001.

PS: I'm disappointed someone started a new omega thread when this is the alpha(no relation to mint discs) Trademark.

Oops. I couldn't find one when searching.

I have swapped to Omega BBs now as my overstable putter.

93, you ought to check out sirius omega ap's. They are overstable enough for my needs. I do like aviar drivers which I assume are the same as omega bb's.

I drive a 90 Camry dx. She turns over a little. ;p

Can someone give me a rundown on the various Omegas currently available? No past runs please, looking for a buying guide.

93, you ought to check out sirius omega ap's. They are overstable enough for my needs. I do like aviar drivers which I assume are the same as omega bb's.

I drive a 90 Camry dx. She turns over a little. ;p
The Sirius Omega AP basically an Aviar PnA? The whole Omega lineup is a little confusing. I understand right the big bead is PnA nose with a big bead added and I am not sure which Aviar top? The Q Mega was at one point a Aviar X with a small bead but is now a Aviar PnA with a small bead. And the regular Omega is the classic Aviar?

Tbh my only experience with Aviars has been with an older JK that I loved the feel of and a Champ PnA that I hated.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Omega aps are aviars (the original aviar mold with microbead). I switched to only omegas when innova switched the aviar P&A to beardless. 2004 or 2005ish.

Omega aps are aviars (the original aviar mold with microbead). I switched to only omegas when innova switched the aviar P&A to beardless. 2004 or 2005ish.
So is the Q Mega and Q Omega the same disc?

I'll probably try out the non BB AP at some point but I am pretty happy with the big bead.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Those stamped Qmega and q omega are essentially the same. "Qmegas" are 2 ring San Marino tooled. "Q omegas" have innova.com tooling. That's why I say essentially. The mold was updated but the physical specs are the same. They fly the same.

Sirius 1.1 are 2 ring San Marino.
Sirius 1.2 are innova.com.