• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Omega: The Alpha and the

A number of years ago, I found a 1.16 SS Omega in a used bin at PIAS for $5 and picked up it. I've been throwing it off and on since then and have been throwing it again more recently and loving it. Doesn't fly like anything else I've thrown- crazy glidey and will hold almost any line unless I give it more oomph (and even then, it slowly flips and rides to the right, like the flight of a beat in Roc).

I'd love to chase after another couple of them for back ups, but either people are asking way too much for them or I can't find the same (or close to the same) run. Has anyone found a comparable run? I know they haven't made the textured SS plastic for a long time, but more in flex and in flight. I'm not necessarily even looking for the SS plastic, but something that will fly like this Omega without being this run.

I am not familiar with your Omega, but lots of glide and holds a line…. That is what I look for in my putters. I like Medium Zero Pure, and my new favorite - Jawbreaker Fierce. Soft Magnets are decent, too - I have a Jawbreaker Magnet on order now - anxious to try it. Then, in wind, I switch to a Jawbreaker Banger-GT. It has a bit less glide, but very straight and holds up a bit better in wind.

I feel like I'd like the flight of the Fierce, but I really dislike Discraft plastic. The Omega also just feels good in my hand, so I'd like to try to stick with this mold.

The regular Fierce, I like the disc, but the plastic is not as grippy as I would like. The Jawbreaker is more grippy, and I like the way the disc flies better, too. This from two Jawbreaker Fierces, but I have more on the way, and from 4-5 regular Fierces.

I feel like I'd like the flight of the Fierce, but I really dislike Discraft plastic. The Omega also just feels good in my hand, so I'd like to try to stick with this mold.
For me, the Jawbreakers are the perfect plastic/grip. Enough to get good grip, but not so much that it is hard to release clean consistently. Solid, not floppy. Every putter I get from now on just might be a Jawbreaker!