• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Omega: The Alpha and the

I noticed Mason Ford was throwing a Quantum Omega on Jomez coverage of the MCO. I like to see it getting some love. I think Nathan Queen(?) bags one too.

I noticed Mason Ford was throwing a Quantum Omega on Jomez coverage of the MCO. I like to see it getting some love. I think Nathan Queen(?) bags one too.

I posted about that in the millennium collectors group, couple millennium folks mentioned they were working on a commemorative Q-mega

Ok Omega throwers, how many do you own and how many do you bag?

I bag 4. One 168g qmega, one 175 second run Sirius, and two 150g first run Sirius.

I'm not giving a total owned because I haven't counted yet. It's probably more than you because it's probably more than any one person should have.

Check it out! The commemorative Mason Ford qmega is up on the Millennium site.

https://shop.golfdisc.com/millennium-san-marino-quantum-omega-mason-ford-mco-2021

Description from Millennium on the collectors page:

The Quantum Omega is a putt and approach disc that flies straight. It is designed for total control, direction, and pace which are keys to success in disc golf. It is more firm than the SuperSoft. The Quantum Omega is the most durable Omega, more stable and will last just about forever. An Omega is very much like an Aviar it just has a microbead. The Two Ring San Marino is an version of the Q Omega that was run many moons ago and was recently found in the Innova warehouse. If you like the feel of old school Quantum/Champ plastic you're probably going to love these.

^Why did they have to be clear? I may still have to order one just to see if they feel like the nice low profile originals.

0497448d5e1ad5558feda27efd1ce9e6.jpg

Got mine yesterday. Digging the stamp

My guess is they found more of the qmegas from the old run they dyed. You can still find a lot of the dyed 2 ring qmegas. They found old boxes of stock in warehouses and put them to use with the renewed interest in the mold.

I ordered x out qjls from the millennium site and they are really old with patent number and old innova branding

My guess is they found more of the qmegas from the old run they dyed. You can still find a lot of the dyed 2 ring qmegas. They found old boxes of stock in warehouses and put them to use with the renewed interest in the mold.

I ordered x out qjls from the millennium site and they are really old with patent number and old innova branding

That's awesome, makes me want to order some x outs lol. I love old plastic

They also have Standard Soft Omega 4s, which I snagged and feel just like my Soft P-Line P2s that I'm running low on. Perfect timing.

I picked up a pair of glow (lunar?) Omega4's a little while back and they really reminded me of my soft P-line P2's.

I picked up a pair of glow (lunar?) Omega4's a little while back and they really reminded me of my soft P-line P2's.

Yeah I got the same ones (Omega 4.2) and can confirm there is a definite difference between the glow and the standard soft. For me, glow when it's warm and soft in the cold. Very happy Millennium is putting out their own P2s because Infinite's Alpaca is no longer under the radar.

Very happy Millennium is putting out their own P2s because Infinite's Alpaca is no longer under the radar.

I have one of the glow metal flake alpacas and it is a dead ringer for the c-line glow P2. Haven't even tossed it yet but it sits in my stash for the day I go back to throwing the "P2".

Might have to snag one of the Q omegas that were mentioned above. Just in case.

Quantum Omega4 4.1 run feels a lot like a standard stock Champ Aviar P&A
Soft Omega4 4.1 run feels like a JK Aviar pro blend
DT Lunar Omega4 4.1 run is very close to the Halloween Pumpkin Glow DX Aviar P&A (stiff and prone to cracking)
ET Omega4 4.1 run is a pretty standard XT Aviar & X-Line P2 feel, 4.2 are a bit stiffer

They used the 2 ring Aviar core for the 4.1 run of both Q and Soft (seems like that produced a slight puddle top), the rest are the same core tooling as most of the P2 & AviarX Driver (KC/JK/Yeti) runs.

No SuperSoft Omega4s have been released yet. Omega & Omega Big Bead SS have been R-Pro variations recently, no Lunar SS in the past few years. Maybe Millennium and Infinite are sharing the mold and have divvied up the plastic blends they get to release? Infinite has had D/X/P/I/G/R & MF Glow C-Blends since they first released the Alpaca last year in November.