• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One Brand Exclusive Throwers

sillybizz

Course bagger and Bjork super fan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
For those of you that only throw one brand or almost only one brand, what are your favorite discs of the "enemy"

I throw only Discraft, here are my top five from Innova:

Valkyrie
TeeBird
Leopard
Roadrunner
Wraith

Unless you are sponsored to exclusively throw a certain product why would you not try or keep other discs?
Use what works regardless of brand.

I try to stay open when it comes to discs. My bag currently has Innova, Discraft, Discwing, Daredevil, and Millenium discs. I lean a bit towards Innova though.

I like the feel of Innova's gummy Champion & ProLine plastics, so I carry mostly their discs. I also like the Vibram VP & Summit (X-Link Soft Eco rubber) & Discraft Z Xtreme.

I'm not a single brand thrower but I noticed an interesting pattern in my bag

My putters are mostly Gateway (Wizards)

My Mids are mostly Discraft (Drone, 2 Buzzz's)

MY drivers are mostly Innova (Over 12 of them)

for a long time i only threw discraft until i threw a wraith and was so impressed i started to throw a few other innova.

I pretty much stick with Innova, but Discraft has a few that aren't leaving my bag anytime soon
-ESP Nuke
-ESP Zone
-Z Comet

I also use Gateway Voodoos for putting

I see the major brands like this.

Innova has great molds

Discraft has the best plastic (D, ESP and FLX)

course there are exceptions in a few other brands

i mostly throw innova. not cause im faithful to their brand or anything....just turned out that way. i will not throw gateway/quest ever again (terrible consistency). i have millenium in my bag as well but its a innova product anyway.

Discraft:
D Challenger (if it didnt beat up so fast i would have these as my putters)
Surge and Surge SS (might be adding one of these 2 to my bag)
XL (love this disc but i love my valkyries more)
Xpress
Wasp (same as a Roc imo)
Z Crush (this thing flys far)
Z Predator

DGA:
Titanic
Hawkeye (i wish these were still in production!!!)

Ching:
Their military line-up ruled!!!!!

Lat64: (when they are available at a local store i will give them a try)
Striker
Halo
Core
Sinus

For those of you that only throw one brand or almost only one brand, what are your favorite discs of the "enemy"

for those of you who have already forgotten the point of this thread here is a reminder

I throw mostly Innova. My favorite (and currently only) non Innova disc is the Discraft Focus. I couldn't putt without one! An interesting note is that this disc is the most replicated mold in my collection. I carry 3 and have about 5 extras at home...this is more than any other mold by far.

Oh sorry, I only read the title.

Well since most of my bag is Innova:

From Discraft:
Drone
Buzzz
Force
Avenger SS
Surge

From Gateway
Wizard

From Disc Wing
Quarter-K

From Ching
Power Genesis

My bag is 100% Innova. I'm just working my way through their product line to develop a point of reference before I head into other waters. I did have a Surge that I didn't have enough arm for and a Soft Magnet that I couldn't really get to go where I wanted...does that count?

I just got a SSS Magic that I'm thinking about trying out (instead of selling/trading).

I dont think you should group these two together since they are two seperate companies..

yes they are the same company. they have a similar relationship like innova/millenium and discraft/dga. take the inferno for instance, originally it was a gateway product but is now a quest at product. i have a first run inferno and its "by gateway." i also know this as a fact because ive met a couple guys from quest at when they were first starting. the told me all about it.

Oh sorry, I only read the title.

I don't think I've ever posted in a thread without reading the rest of the posts there. Makes you sound lazy.

Damn kids and your music ... (Family Guy quote, just being funny.) :)