• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One Brand Exclusive Throwers

I'm not a single brand thrower but I noticed an interesting pattern in my bag

My putters are mostly Gateway (Wizards)

My Mids are mostly Discraft (Drone, 2 Buzzz's)

MY drivers are mostly Innova (Over 12 of them)

Agreed. Mine is set up simular. Innova drivers, Buzzz for mid and Gateway putters.

I have all discs made by Innova (+Discmania P2, Millenium SOLF) except BUZZZ.

I started with Innova because of availability. I have tried a few Discraft drivers and didn't really find anything I preferred over Innova. I have started using a Buzzz and I do like it better than a Roc. All Innova except Buzzz.

My Mids are mostly Discraft

MY drivers are mostly Innova

I agree with this part, but for putters right now I'm throwing Gateway, Discraft, and Latitude.

My putters are mostly Gateway (Wizards)

My Mids are mostly Discraft (Drone, 2 Buzzz's)

MY drivers are mostly Innova (Over 12 of them)

Same here, I use gateway putters (voodoo and wizard), discraft mids (buzz and wasp) and innova drivers (boss, katana, teebird, starfire and sidewinder). The funny part is my doubles partner has quite the opposite with putters being innova (kc pro aviar and pro rhyno) mids being (roc and gator) and drivers being (XL, stalker, nuke, and surge ss).

Personal preference is a crazy thing sometimes.

My bag is a mix. Gateway putters, Innova mids, Innova fairways, Discraft/Innova distance (see signature)
So if I had to pick opposite/other brands in each catagory:

Putter - Innova KC Pro
Mids - Discraft Wasp, Buzzz, and Comet
Fairways - Discraft Cyclones, Stalker, XS
Drivers - Millenium SOLF and SOLS

Last edited:
I try to throw only Gateway even though they don't require it, but the Buzzz/TeeBird will never leave my bag.

I don't think I've ever posted in a thread without reading the rest of the posts there. Makes you sound lazy.

Damn kids and your music ... (Family Guy quote, just being funny.) :)

I skimmed through it. I pulled out certian words to get "What kind of discs do you throw from other companies?" LOL

:D:doh:

I throw mostly innova, but I putt with wizards, I have a buzzz, and a focus in my bag, and at times an xpress fills my understable fairway spot.

Discjon- didn't realize you were sponsored- nicely done

I throw all discraft. I live in Michigan and I collect discs, if I paid attention to innova I'd be living in my car. Lat is very very tempting and I have aquired a few wizards- before the focus came out I figured the wiz was just a challenger/avair. So when the focus was called a wiz I was curious. I don't really know if I like the plastic (m,s,& ss) better then pro d. Viabram is also tempting

vibram sux. grabs chains well but it falls like a rock.

If you want to miss low and short, grab a Vibram!

I throw all Lat64 except for when I need a dead straight shot for 200 ft, then I gotta give it up to the Z Buzzz. That's a beautiful disc.

I throw Discraft, with gateway putters and the Illusion. My favorite "enemy" is the teebird. Only Innova in the bad.

For those of you that only throw one brand or almost only one brand, what are your favorite discs of the "enemy"

I throw only Discraft, here are my top five from Innova:

Valkyrie
TeeBird
Leopard
Roadrunner
Wraith

I throw a lot of Innova -- 19/26 discs currently in my bag. The other 7 are discraft:

-ESP Avenger
-ESP Force
-ESP Surge x2 (nate doss 2x)
-Z Buzzz
-Z Glide
-Soft Magnet

Love the surge, my favorite backhand disc...... and it's no slouch for hyzer flip forehands either!

I just got my Avenger and Force this winter, but they're both really nice discs so far.

The Glide is also new in my bag, SO straight on 200-250 foot shots. Very easy to throw (or very hard if you can't stand understable discs).

Buzzz doesn't "wow" me, but it's in my bag and serves it's purpose -- pretty versatile disc.

Soft Magnet is good to me.

i threw only discraft for about 6 months or so but had to go back to the wizards and teebirds....other than that it's all discraft (predators, xls, surge, buzzzs, comets)

I'm mainly a discraft guy (especially their mids - meteor, buzz, wasp, drone)

I do have some innova drivers - Sidewinder, Valk, and love my star leopard.

I also putt with a Star Aviar, or Dx depending on weather, but am trying out a soft challenger right now

Latest posts