• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One disc rounds

I'd still use a wizard

at 300-400 I'm still looking at two throws to get in putting range, and I'd much rather putt with a putter then a mid/driver

Ibex or Track. I can putt $ with my Ibex so I figure a shorter tee shot and better putting would make me choose the Ibex. I played a round this past week with only my Ibex and Summit and finished 1 over....not too bad.

;)

Grab a nice neutral DX Roc that I can throw on both a hyzer or turnover if needed. I can get 350-400 off the tee and it would at least get the job done for putting and approaching.

Shot a 69 at Hornings meadow ridge course today using only a rancho and a san marino roc. This was by far my best round on that course and it was sleeting for most of the round. I am really enjoying playing rounds of golf like this. It is definately a simpler round of golf and makes me use my course management skills quite a bit more. :thmbup:

Ima say MVP Tangent just from what the testers are saying.

178g Medium Ibex. I can shape any shot I want with it it and on anything ~500' or shorter, I should still be right under the basket in two throws.

A Fugitive would be nice but I don't really have any practice putting with it. Now an old dx shark from my backstock bin is just about perfect. I can putt well with a shark.

I would use an Ibex. The disc is so darn versatile and it still behaves nicely in the wind. That and the fact that it isn't that tough to get it to go 350' dead straight makes it an obvious choice for a one disc round with holes in the 300-400' range.

Used to be my FLX Buzzz, but now I'd throw a slightly beat GL Pain. Favorite disc ever made.

My putting is so bad I don't think the mold matters, so I'm going with a ESP Buzz, or a Roc3. I was going to say TeeBird, but I'd have to park every hole, which entails not: hitting trees, throwing too low, throwing too high, throwing with OAT, releasing early, grip locking, etcetera, etcetera.... I'm going with a mid.

STANKY: I'm just like you. I got a KC Pro Roc out to 300 feet....once. normally around 250 if I'm really gettin' it. I think in this situation Id use my soft Trak, because it can be powered down well but also can get good D and can be putter with (found that out playing the Winter Warriorß series here when we had a driver only hole.)

We have a short course right by my house (Cumberland Green DGC) where the Max distance is like 325 feet. My buddies and I played a putter only round there. I chose the Pig (big surprise there, right?) 2 of them threw VPs and my other buddy used a Judge. We all did ok. I think one disc rounds should be on short courses or dealt technical courses.

We have a short course around here that i rarely use a driver on.The pig is easily the best driving putter.

Played a primarily Cro only round from the short tees at my local course yesterday. I also threw a Blowfly for a couple putts just to try it out. It's kind of weird for me to grip, but that's a side note. Anyways, the shorts are mostly 170-200 so I wasn't really pushing any distance but I think it worked really well. I had no trouble putting with the Cro and it's reliably stable so I was able to confidently throw forehand and backhand with a predictable flight. I like a wider variety of mids in my main bag, but I'll certainly be throwing the occasional Cro round when I want to work on up shots and short drives.

It'd be a tough pick between my buzzz or surge. I'd be able to flick the surge with more of a RHFH finish to the right side of a hole, so it would probably depend on how many holes make considerable right turns. I can also throw an easy little flick upshot to most greens for easy putts, so I'd probably lean to the surge - a controllable straight driver.