• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One thing I can't do with a broken foot...

Modelyacht

Broken foot, surgery, a plate and some screws, and now I need to keep my left foot "non-weight bearing" for 6 more weeks. I can drive, and go to work, and do lots of things...but there's no chance of playing any DG locally until I'm way more mobile.

I've even given about 8-10 discs from my collection to a co-worker who is taking up the sport. Hoping I can play against him in the fall.

Don't take if for granted this summer!

Knee scooter?...

th

Its even got a basket to carry your discs...:D

I wish you a speedy recovery. I was there last year this time. Tore my achilles coaching football. 12 weeks in cast/boot. I'm still just getting back in the swing of things. Best of luck to you.

Pshh, I was out putting 2 days after surgery, I had my first 9 holes in one week after surgery. Completely non weight bearing for 4 months. I highly recommend the iWalk. I can completely relate, and feel your pain. 3 years out, I still feel it every day. Good luck in your recovery, and if you need anything from someone who has been there, don't hesitate to reach out.

I was playing a week after hernia surgery. The smoothing out of my stroke to avoid ripping stitches improved my game immensely. Still reaping the benefits today.

Well, I'm out if action on the hilly treed courses around here. My Knee scooter gets me around on the flats pretty well, but not on the course.

Had a partial amputation of my Right Foot. Have used an iWalk 2.0 it is a lot better than a knee scooter and I could at least play on easier courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pshh, I was out putting 2 days after surgery, I had my first 9 holes in one week after surgery. Completely non weight bearing for 4 months. I highly recommend the iWalk. I can completely relate, and feel your pain. 3 years out, I still feel it every day. Good luck in your recovery, and if you need anything from someone who has been there, don't hesitate to reach out.

The iWalk was a godsend for me and I was able to play also which is great for morale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin isn't lying, he played me to a tie during a glow round on his iWalk. Granted he is the course designer, but it was still impressive.

I'll chime in on the iWalk. I was playing full rounds within a week of a full Achilles rupture and it was the best thing that I could have done for my recovery. The benefits of being able to do normal things that you enjoy (as normal as a disc golfer can be I guess) cannot be overstated. Even being able to do the not so fun things like housework is good for the spirit.

I also think I am a better putter for it. Nothing will teach weight shift better than having a peg for a leg!

Latest posts