• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Only three courses within 300 miles of Memphis

peabody

Edit profile banner
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So I go to course directory and put in memphis and it comes up with three courses , so I go to 50 miles, still three courses,300 miles and still three courses.
Meeman/Shelby east and west and Meeman farms.
So NEWAY, what are the must play courses in Memphis, Tn.?
I know Bud Hill is good but I am going down in May and would like to play at least two courses the day I will be going.

So I go to course directory and put in memphis and it comes up with three courses , so I go to 50 miles, still three courses,300 miles and still three courses.
Meeman/Shelby east and west and Meeman farms.
So NEWAY, what are the must play courses in Memphis, Tn.?
I know Bud Hill is good but I am going down in May and would like to play at least two courses the day I will be going.

You must be entering something wrong in your search. Looking at map browser view, there are about a dozen courses in the Memphis area. If there were only 3 courses within 300 miles, it'd be time to move immediately.

Yeah I agree, I played 2 in chattanooga and I know there were more in memphis, so something isnt right

On the map I show 11 in the memphis area. Something wrong there not sure what it is, but I did get the same results when typing in memphis.

I suggest using the map browswer

Use a zip code, vice a city name.
Using 37501, for example, I found twelve courses within 50 miles of it.

Most of the time the city entered for a course is actually the town it's in so entering Memphis won't bring up all the surrounding suburbs, etc. Your best bet is to enter a zip code like swatso mentioned.

yup, bud hill is the best course in the area from all the memphis golfers I have talked to.

yes it is.....since december i have played 8 rounds down there. Ace Clayton Kid and Big Dave are there right now

you can play it like a public course, just put a donation in the drop box on the way to tee pad 1 always people there playing you can get turned around on hole 3 - 4 but other than that course flows awesome

Go to http://www.memphisdiscgolf.com
They have updated info.
I travel to Memphis every December to visit the in-laws.

I've played Shelby Farms, Shelby Forest, Johnson Road, and Bud Hill on many occasions.
The two Shelby Forest courses are very close to Bud Hill. Bud Hill and Shelby Forest are must-play courses if you are going to be in the area. You may even be able to hit three courses while you are there. The two Shelby Forest courses are right next to each other.

Bud Hill is a private course. Contact Danny Daniels at [email protected] for reservations.

Bring bug spray in May!